It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What A Great Super Bowl!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What a great game! From the singing of God Bless America, and The Star Spangled Banner, down to Holmes final catch, the game was awesome. When Cardinals Fiztgerald did his impression of a rocket racing don the field, I though 'Oh MAN!!"
Then when the Steelers Santonio Holmes caught that ball - body fully extended with only an inch or two to touch his toes. I said "OH MAN!!!"
What a great, exciting game. Congrats to the Steelers - yeah you too EO.........
I was quite disappointed in the commercials though.

Oh, and if I heard Madden talk one more time about this player, and that player having big strong hands........

Is there such a thing as a hand fetish?

Great game. I enjoyed every second of it. Did anyone catch Roethlisberger being interviewed after the game? He had the Coveted Lombardi Trophy in his hands. He tried to break free from the interview to let his men on the O-Line hold it. A man I would gladly sit next to in a foxhole.

AWESOME stuff. It's what the Super Bowl is supposed to be!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Even the last 5 minutes alone were better than most of the SBs of the past!

Disappointed for Warner, et al, but the last two attempts to Homles were phenomenal. Steelers earned that win.

jw

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

What a game !!!!

I didn't the the Steelers would pull it off, but they did and I'm so excited.

I'll talk more later... but wow....

I love the Steelers.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It was indeed a great game, and congratulations are in order EO! (you'll notice though I wasted no time switching avatars)

It's not too early to start talking FA and draft is it?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Man, that was something. As a long time hardcore Steeler fan, the fourth quarter was a little much for me. -I'd have been just as happy if we had won by 3 touchdowns.

Give the Cards credit, they made the best defense on the planet look pretty porous more than once and the de flat played tough with a few great goal line stands not to mention top notch pass coverage. I hope they keep most of their players for next season, -they rock.

*BUT*

WAY TO GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
amazing game, steelers broke the mold.. pulled off a 100 yard interception return with james harrison, ben roethlisberger lost alittle composure but got it right back and kept the ball going forward even while facing a almost impossible sack situations, holmes pulling off a wonderful game winning catch within inches of being out of bounds, troy polamalu a few times was moving too fast for his own good but did a great job of handling the passing game of the cardinals, hines ward even while injured went through extensive medical treatment managed to play without a hitch, mike tomlin did an excellent job.. tough shoes to fill and he fits them well.

minus the bad behavior and piss poor attitude of the cardinals, and making it rub off on the steelers. steelers still showed them whos boss, if they were gonna get a personal foul they were gonna earn it.

minus the god aweful number of flags thrown.

was still one of the best games ever.

6 superbowl wins
100 yard interception return
legendary game winning catch
arm of a modern day QB prodigy

GO STEELERS!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Incredible game. I didn't care about it a lick, but it definitely kept me glued to the TV.

Not to get too involved in it, but last year during the superbowl, Rothlesberger came into the restaurant I owned in Scottsdale. After eating about 20 gourmet sliders and drinking about 10 coronas (which I gave him on the house), they guy was still kind of a jerk to my staff. Who knows, maybe he was hounded a lot that day, just in a crappy mood.

Regardless, congrats on the bowl win.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow oh wow WOW WOW!!

What a Super Bowl last night I tell ya. This one, especially the last five to seven minutes, may have been the best Super Bowl that we have ever seen. Not to mention some of the greatest plays that will go down in Super Bowl lore. Hint hintJames Harrison's 100 yard intercepion return for a touchdown. Santonio Holmes' amazing catch with about fourty some seconds remaining.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Agreed. It was an awesome game!

I missed the first quarter, due to computer issues (trying to find a place to stream the game from), but the last half was awesome. I had the volume up and was trying to make dinner at the same time! (Couldn't do it by the way - I was glued to my chair).

I thought for sure the Cards had it, at 23 - 20. But then, my live stream disconnected and I missed the last minute, and the last touchdown by the Steelers.

I didn't think they were gonna make it, but they did - Good Job Steelers.

- Carrot

top topics

join