It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Million "Snuggies" sold... I have officially lost faith in humanity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
They wear these at the Bohemian Grove.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Okay everyone don't make fun of me, but I really want one!!!

So awesome, stay warm and dress like a Buddhist monk at the same time! I am for real! I wish we could go back to simple days where everyone wore robes. Toga! Toga!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The only way I would get one of these would be if it zipped up and had a hood. Then I would wander about this backwoods town and bless them.

As for the infamous sham-wow they used to sell these at the local discount store 4 for 1.00. It was by another name. Basically they are thin sponges. When dry they repel water like Thompson's water seal. Also when they became dirty they smelled bad just like a sponge and never could be cleaned properly. That is why it didn't sell well even for 1.00.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be on the survival board?

maybe a snuggie is a good object to have for a B.O.B.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I want one with the beautiful and strangely compelling ,Pyramid and Eye logo emblazoned on the front

I don't know why...............

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
LOL. 4 Million? I thought we had an economic crisis going on? Yet we still shell out cash to buy useless crap. No wonder things arent going to get better anytime soon.....

So....uh...how do we star and flag? Yep, im a n00b here.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I had never even heard of this thing until this thread, but now I am seeing ads at the top of the page for this thing. Wonder if the ad program picked up on the text from this thread to display it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
if it slides on from the front like that i wonder if it'll show your arse crack to everyone?
like those dreaded hospital gowns, only fluffier

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I wish they had those when I was younger and we weren't allowed lockers one year because of drug and weapons in our school. Carrying 40 pounds of books on your shoulders harms your shoulders. It catches up with you later, trust me on that. Better to look like a dork than have pain the rest of your adult life.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I actually bought one and love it --

Going in to vote in November I fell at the Polls and severely broke my right arm - I spent over 2 months living in my recliner - day and night and it has been cold here - trying to read or be on the computer I was trying to leave my left arm out to do things but I was freezing (house is old and drafty) so I bought one of them - and it was perfect - at that time I couldn't get my right arm thru the sleeve of it of course but I could tuck it over that shoulder and put my left arm thru - and it is long so I could tuck it under my feet with lots of room so my feet were warm too - when I had to get up I just let it slide off my arms and then put it back on when I get back to the chair. And when my fingers got cold reading or typing the arms were long enough that I could pull the sleeve down further and warm them up too.

Oh and we had the heating zone that controls the living room, kitchen area go out during the coldest week so far with a north wind (guess what side of the house the living room is... yep North side) let me tell you it was stinking cold in here - hubby nice and toasty in the water bed - me under the snuggy, and 2 other blankets - but I could still be on the computer. And why not wear the super duper warm fleece robe I have -- well I couldn't get my arm in it and it was too short to tuck my feet under -

I can see that I will use it for years to come in our drafty house - but if I want more I will make it - it is pretty simple to make actually. It could be handy to have a couple in a bag in your car if you live in a cold area and you keep any supplies in the car in case of breaking down - it is amazing how fleece can keep you warm. You could fold them up pretty small and put them in vacuum sealed bags to keep them clean.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Obi Won Kenobi must be spewing. He's been plugging the snuggy scince the 70's but everyone just wrote him off as a crazy old guy called Ben.
Does it come with a light sabre.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ha Ha Ha European Invaders! You thought it was funny when you gave out the blankets laden with the Smallpox virus to us Indians. Now, it appears that we have had the last laugh! HA HA HA!!!!!

......sorry, I couldn't resist

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just goes to show that all you have to do is wrap crap in a pretty package and make it sound like it's the best thing since sliced bread, and people will throw their money away .

The good part is those four million will be the first ones gathered and or the first four million to die if the SHTF.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The production values of the ad are hilarious!!! It reminds me of those MAD TV Parody ads.

But really it comes down to this:

1. Blanket
2. Scissors
3. Old Sweatshirt
4. Sewing Kit
5. ??????
6. PROFIT $$$

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hey, didn't Friar Tuck ware one of those in Robin Hood? I thought that was standard monk ware. Do we have to shave our heads or something while waring one? All I can say is that its not as bad a the pet rock craze and they sold millions of those too.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Now if they were made out of the Sham Wow material you could stay comfy, warm and not have to get up for those pesky bathroom trips while gaming in your mother's basement all day.

Yeah it was a poor idea after all.

Could a nudist wear one while chilly and still remain within their tenants of lifestyle?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
You Tube Link

An awesome parody - Warning some will cry laughing.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I want a red Snuggie because I like the idea of dressing like an Officer of the Spanish Inquisition while sitting on my couch reading my conspiracy literature

that what i doing when im wearing my straight jacket, howling at the moon on my tricycle

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What's the big deal? At least a snuggie does what is is advertised to do, unlike a Sham-Wow, those commercials are just condecending.
"made in germany, we all know te Germans make good stuff."
LOL!!!
But the snuggie, now i want one really bad. My house is usually chilly in winter because of cracks, and i get cold even with a sweatshirt on often. I like to drape a blanket around my shoulders when i watch TV or play video games, or just walking around the house, and the blanket falls off, i have to keep re-wrapping it, and IF I'M PLAYING GAMES OR READING, then my arms have to stay uncovered...this is not hard to imagine people. I read about 100 to 200 pages every night, so it gets quite annoying after a few pages to uncover my arms, let all that heat out, and recover them again when i want to flip pages.
The snuggie, as silly and absurd as it looks (they DO look horrid) is very practical for someone like me, I don't know why nobody here has thought about that. Anyone who reads often in a chilly house would know right away what i'm talking about.
ALSO: When a Jehova's Witness comes to your door, and you have all the guys in the room wear black snuggies and all the gals wear the red ones, while chanting some nonsense and burning incense, you are guranteed to be free of any return visits as they will think some sort of black mass is happening.
But seriously, I would love to have a snuggie. It may look goofy as hell, but it sure would come in handy for me. Typing on a keyboard is another great example of how this would be nice, but i'll probably just make one.

I can give you some WAY etter examples of why you should no longer have faith in humanity. Such as people actually believing the Twin Towers could fall at the speed of gravity without tilting to either side as it fell, a building built to withstand multiple plane crashes not only falls from ONE, but does so in professional Demolition style

Or how about the authorities taking 3 days to recoer a black box on a virtually undamaged airplane?
I think ya'll get the point.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Enigma Publius]

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My local grocery store now has these on the shelves in a special "As Seen on TV" section. If you plan properly, you can grab a Snuggie, a Clapper, a bottle of wine and some cheap grocery store flowers just in time for Valentine's Day.

Nothin says "I'm gettin some lovin" like wearing a Snuggie with your special someone.
Surely there has to be a velcro access door in there somewhere.

edit to add:
These things could easily lead to population control. "No thanks Honey, I'm just to warm to fool around. Let's just snuggle instead."

[edit on 3-2-2009 by jibeho]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join