It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dawn of the Dead" in real life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I find it quite commical how these kids sit here and say "to make one, all you'd need is", or "you simply".

Really? And you know this because you used mommys easy bake oven, and created them after watching Spongebob right?

Stop wasting our time.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter

Originally posted by Agent47
Well first you would have to develop a virus that shut down most life functions, I guess you could call it the T Virus, then you would make a multinational corporation that you could call Hat or maybe Umbrella, then slowly work on the formula for years while creating convenient accidents to test it. In all seriousness though, this is a good question

HAHAHA I love resident evil, I was just watching that with my girl last night... its great in 7.1 surround sound....

[edit on 23-7-2004 by porschedrifter]

I have to say. The movie blew. Paul Anderson is a hack and if I ever see him on the street I'll beat him over the head with a game cube. He ruined an entire genre. He had a beautiful gem given to him by Capcom and he blew it. ok ok.. I'm done ranting.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I remember an incident years ago when a person I knew Had done a host of drugs including cocain and '___', as well as Angel Dust and speed. If what happened hadn't have, he probably would have died from the combination. In short, he was arrested by police and he punched out the back window of the police cruiser and began assaulting the car. When he turned on the cops, they each emptied an entire clip into him (17 rounds a piece from 9mm pistols, for a total of fifty-one bullets in his man's chest, shoulders, arms, torso, and hips. Although the wounds were mortal, none of them were immediately lethal (No heart or spinal shots). He managed to stand back up despite the injuries. A police officer who had been in the car approached from behind and struck the guy in the back of the skull with a maglite, and knocked him unconscious. He died ten minutes later, presumably from a severe drop in blood pressure from the massive loss, which caused either his heart to give out from lack of blood, or his brain, due to the massive amount of drugs in his system compared with little blood, went into complete arrest and died.

I think that the use of "upper" drugs combined with hallucanogens are the only way to create a "Zombie."

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I'm new here but I have been into this stuff for years. I have questions concerning the Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency, and the like. Is this organization real, and if not are theyre organizations similair to this that are real? I would love to do this for a living, I have infinite knowledge on the supernatural and cryptzoology and the like, but I want to rid the world of these horrible creatures. If you need the website its www.fvza.org. Also another website that relates to it is www.srigenetics.com, the santa rosa institute, click on the link about the fvza museum. the genetics research appears real, but if the institute is real, then why would they be advertising a false organization. Anyways just any info would be helpful, or people that are into this stuff, monster hunting. By hunting i do not mean tracking down and studying unless it is beneficial, I mean eliminating the dangerous ones and studying the ones we can. Also, the 369th Urban Defense Command is similair to this. It is more for several different types of creatures other than just zombies and vampires. This is what I am interested in, werewolves and zombies and the such. The website is www.freewebs.com... which leads me to believe it may be a joke. Thank you all for your help,

Happy Hunting

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In Rwanda a high ranking UN soldier met with the radicals who were commiting genocide. He claims that as he looked into there eyes he could see no soul, one had blood on his uniform. He said these men were no longer human, there care for the fragile life of another human did not exsist. He stated that it took everything he had not to remove his pistol and put a slug into all of em.

These are your real zombies little kids.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Possible? Some ways

Let's see, you guys suggest the fight or flight response. Adrenaline requires one to recognize they are at the brink of death or in great danger.
How can you be mindless if you have reference to what danger is?
Making a living human being to turn? Impossible, unless you can somehow create a new brain
I can see it happening more than likely in our time with mind control rather than a chemical solution.
How can you shut down a person's emotion? That is impossible unless they are born without it.
Without emotion there is no will.
my 3 cents.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Well first you would have to develop a virus that shut down most life functions, I guess you could call it the T Virus, then you would make a multinational corporation that you could call Hat or maybe Umbrella, then slowly work on the formula for years while creating convenient accidents to test it. In all seriousness though, this is a good question

Dawn of the Dead wasnt caused by viruses.they didnt know what was causing it.
"When hell is full........the dead will walk the earth....."
the finest Dead site on the internet www.homepageofthedead.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samhain

Dawn of the Dead wasnt caused by viruses.they didnt know what was causing it.
"When hell is full........the dead will walk the earth....."
the finest Dead site on the internet www.homepageofthedead.com...

The movie was based on a older movie which the cause of the undead was a space satelite that orbited mars crashed on earth and the object was carrying the disease.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"The movie was based on a older movie which the cause of the undead was a space satelite that orbited mars crashed on earth and the object was carrying the disease."

No where was this ever stated in the original movie...and i have it on tape!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think the whole "When Hell is full, the dead will walk the Earth" was just an ad. slogan. Notice how the bite turns humans into zombies. Watch "Day of Dead" which was the sequel, basically one bite turns the humans into zombies. This means it's most likely a virus or bacteria.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I think the whole "When Hell is full, the dead will walk the Earth" was just an ad. slogan. Notice how the bite turns humans into zombies. Watch "Day of Dead" which was the sequel, basically one bite turns the humans into zombies. This means it's most likely a virus or bacteria.

"When hell is full.......The dead will walk the earth............"
It was from the original,and they used it in the remake as a nod to us old school dead fans.coolest part is,the preacher saying it in the new one,was the main character from the original.Dawn of the dead is part 2 of 3.
Night of the living dead-Black and white-1968
Dawn of the dead-1978
Day of the dead-1985
Night of the living dead-remake of original(must see!!)1990
Dawn of the dead-remake-2004
Land of the Dead-Currently in production
Please do not confuse Romero's dead movies with the campy Return of the living dead,they were cool,but romero invented the genre and i dare you to find a scarier movie than the original Night o living dead.

In the original 3,the bite isnt what turned you.anyone who died became a zombie.the bite being the way of transmission in the Dawn remake was a new twist that the director added.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
their has been a case in nicaragua of "jungle madness" a virus which causes long periods of coma-like unconsciousness, interrupted by sudden bouts of frenzied behaviour. During the attacks, sufferers attempt to flee their communities with their eyes closed, seizing any weapon they can find to try to defend themselves against invisible attackers.

heres the story

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
Good movie (I laughed at a few parts-these new Zombies can hall a$$!!!!).

Just a thought, Author, why do you ask?

Why use disfunctional, dead flesh, when we have such mind-numbing drugs that can turn the living into Zombies?

Seriously EVERYONE is a slave to symbols... and symbolism.... Prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
ive discussed the scenarios with a few coworkers if the 'dawn of the dead' scenario ever happened in real life.
we discussed how long it takes for a dead body to decompose and several other factors that contribute to decomposition.
I had a theory if the people at the mall chose to stick around for at least 3 months, the zombies would eventually die out.
The movie failed to show any flies or maggots. with that much rotting flesh, buzzards, flys, maggots would have a field day. Im sure the maggots would of eaten most of a zombie's brain out within a month or so.

Thats just my theory. i noticed towards the end of the movie, most of the zombies were decomposing at a pretty rapid rate. It would only take only so long before the problem eradicates itself due to mother nature

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If you try the Modified Zombie Simulator it shows how a basic scinerio might work. The reason I provided a link to the modified version is because zombies die after a while, unlike in the regular version.

[edit on 12/16/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
all i know is that when the zombie apocalypse hits...i'll be ready

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Let's all take a look at exsiting zombies. The center of the Zombie world is the island of Hispaniola found in the west indies. Many peasent workers there belive that evil sorcerers called 'Bokors' have the power to bring the dead back to life as unthinking puppets. The bokors are then said to use these 'zombies' as their slaves. It is true though that the carribean idea of zombies do exists and you can find 'zombies' walking the streets in the island. Most Psychiatric experts belive Zombies was a way that Hatian foke used to explain mental handicaps, and other think it is something more sinister. It is belived by using natrual and native resources, Hatian bokors can actually induce these mental illnesses. Using a chemical called Tetrodotoxin, a nerve agent found in puffer fish, the bokors victim can be afflicted with deep paralysis (not to remeber the lack of health care in many places in west indies) The victims family thinks he or she is dead and so they are buried. The lack of oxygen in the coffin causes brain damage and when the bokor comes to steel the body, the victim is revived using a substance called Datura Stramonium, or 'zombie cucumber' which is also a mind controle drug (much like the date rape type of drug). Other poisons, like that found in the local cane toad, can be extracted and will act as a hallucinogens and anaesthetics on the victim. It keeps the in a permanent state of trance, appearing impervious to physical pain, and acts as a warning to other islanders to be weary of the bokors 'powers'.

Thats pretty much all i know on 'exsiting zombies', and for the record, dawn of the dead uses a more religouse approach to the whole zombie thing, it states that when hell is full the dead will walk the earth. Implying that our world as sinned to much making zombies from hell.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Personally zombies facinate and horrify me. Even though I love watching movies like Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil and 28 days later.. Yep if something like waht happens in those movies happend in real life I would damn sure make sure I had a something sharp or a gun. Although I would think military and police forces would be quick to act.. if it was an isolated outbreak of some kind I would just bomb the crap out of the area regardless if it was the biggest city in my country. The scenario of 28 days later us very scary and real something that COULD happen. Although in Resident Evil the computer that runs the labs says their brains are kept going by a spark or something? Instead of giving nutrients to the brain maybe electricty would do it?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Ive always kinda hoped something like that would happen though.. worlds so boring as it lol.

I think the above quote explains most cryptids, aliens, ufos, ghost and other paranormal crap. Get a life young people, the world is not boring, its your slack attitude. Get out and actually see the world, there more fantastic stuff in it than your wild imaginations can conjure up!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Doesn't the bible say "the dead in christ will rise"

It would be a truely bibical end to our civilization.

sounds kool sign me up

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join