It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Ambassador slips up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
this was reported on Australias ABC

YUVAL ROTEM: The best way to handle it will be some kind of a better leadership in the Middle East, realignment of forces that can handle and can address the main strategic challenge that we're all going to face in the upcoming month, and that's going to be Iran.

a transcript can be found here
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
so what do you think is up here?
do we have word that Israel is looking at attacking Iran in the next month?

after he realized he was being recorded he asked for the camera to be turned off.
so is this a red herring or a unexpected slip up?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think he just means that after the elections are over in 11 days, Iran will be the biggest issue on the table.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I just find it very strange that he makes a comment like

"I have to be far more reserved in the way I'm saying my things"
when he first saw the camera.

and then after his comments on Iran he realized he was still being filmed and wanted it turned off.

The question is why, what is it they have to hide, If he was speaking to Leading jewish community leaders?

I really think things may heat up a lot sooner rather than later with Israel and Iran.

probably be on the look out for an Iranian boat with Western looking Iranians on board in the very near future.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Here is the video of the slip up on camera.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Strange.

Well they are up to something. Exactly what only time will tell thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye out for further development.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

To me it looked like he saw the camera before he said it. Was it a deliberate "slip up"? Time will tell...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yeah you have to wonder if they actually do let these deliberate slip ups get out there as a warning to the astute listener to "get out of there" if they're living close to the region.

He must have known that camera was on he was looking right at it as you said .... but then in the news round up they back peddled and said another 10-14 months before they could do anything ...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would not be surprised if Israel did have some major tensions with Iran in the coming months. Iran has been very critical of Israel since well...ever and even more so since the whole Gaza conflict.

I'm sure Iran has a trump card or something under they're belt tho. They may not tell us they have nukes, but i'm sure he could put his hands of them if he really wanted to.

As far as it being deliberate, it could very well be. A sort of "Can't say we didn't warn you" stunt to be used later when criticism arrises.

Somehow i doubt they would fully attack Iran in the way they did in Gaza, it wouln't seem very smart to move they're military when so many of they're neighbours are not in agreement.

There is alot of tension between Israel and several countries that could go extremely bad in the next few months. Iran should be the least of they're worries at the moment. They need to figure out what they're gonna do for this whole war crimes prosecution fiasco by he U.N.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The thing that worries me is in order for them to outright attack Iran militarily, the would need to use Iraq for airspace. Which would require our consent as well as that of the Iraqi Parliament. If anything I think they have a BIG accident prepared for those nuclear facilities. Hand it off to Mossad, they are quite creative.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Tell me about it, i'm sure the Nuclear plants would be the first target for Israel, that being said Iran isn't that stupid. I"m sure they have a plethora of bases either masked as civilian or underground where they're currently doing tests of all sorts.

And the fact that they would require clearence for the airspace, would not stop Israel from attacking. It knows that Iraq would not be able to retaliate on any level if they did so without they're consent. Furthermore the US would not bother addressing the issue, as they are extremely close with them.

What scares me are the reprocussions for attacking a Muslim nation openly. Especially if the agressor is Israel. I think the Muslim world would unite against a common enemy and that would spark a conflict of epic proportions and a very un-required loss of life.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
But what of the option of, lets say a bit of a setup and somehow have it look like a missile went off course from a US carrier or a US ship somehow gets hit by a wayward rocket from the Iran direction?

somehow I wouldn't put it past Israel to make it look like they are innocent and have their big brother go into bat for them.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

You know I would bet that Mossad has that on the table. However I think that if they wanted to turn things in thier direction, cause accidents in the major nuclear facilities, plant evidence that it was Iranian reform groups, and wait for the inevitable crackdown from the world community for dealing with the reformers. After that Israel, and the U.S. can act pretty much with impunity to neutralize Iran, with the backing of the UN. Kinda scary if ya think about it.
To add: Mossad has agents all over Iran as they do in most mid-eastern contries, so them infiltrating Iran's Nuke program is pretty much a given.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I just find it very strange that he makes a comment like

"I have to be far more reserved in the way I'm saying my things"
when he first saw the camera.

and then after his comments on Iran he realized he was still being filmed and wanted it turned off.

The question is why, what is it they have to hide, If he was speaking to Leading jewish community leaders?

I really think things may heat up a lot sooner rather than later with Israel and Iran.

probably be on the look out for an Iranian boat with Western looking Iranians on board in the very near future.

With comments like this, it sounds more to me like he is stirring the pot purposely. *just my first gut instinct*

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't see anything in what he said that could be interpreted as meaning Israel will attack Iran within the next month, or months even.
Clutching at straws here I think.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

I don't know about that
It has been said that it would be around 14 months before Iran would have enough material to make a war head and I don't think Israel wants to wait that long.
and again, the nuclear issue is just a smoke screen, so basically what is being said is that Iran will be the target either in the next month or before the 14 month time frame.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
He then says:

"if you could switch off the camara"

??????????

What the hell? He didn't think he was being filmed?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

sometimes cameras are set up for a reference to send home and not always used by the media itself.

even though he said something about chanel seven early on, he may have also thought that it may not have been switched on
if you look, he askes someone down near the front if they could switch off the camera.
Possibly the camera was just set up on a tripod and had no one next to it and as you watch he looks at it a few times (which people do when giving speaches as a focal point) and suddenly realized it was in fact switched on.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Well here what front runner for the coming Israeli election had to say:

In an interview with Israel's Channel 2 TV late Saturday, Netanyahu said he fully intends to sabotage Tehran's nuclear efforts once and for all.

www.presstv.com...

And under what premise will they attack? Well here what a source has the same guy quoting.

Benjamin Netanyahu, the favorite to win the upcoming Israeli election, says al Qaeda terrorists will destroy Jesus Christ’s burial site. Netanyahu, who claims he had predicted an Islamic extremists attack on the World Trade Center six years before the actual attack, said terrorists will target Church of the Holy Sepulchre also known as the Church of the Resurrection - Christianity’s holiest site.

“Radical Islam is willing and will want to attack the symbolic heart of the Christian religion,” said the former Israeli prime minister.

“This will incur a chain reaction we can’t even envision. We will witness an escalation of religious conflict above and beyond the regional conflict we have now,” Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying.

thecurrentaffairs.com...

If true this indeed is very disturbing.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't doubt Iran will be attacked in the near future.
But we have been on this merry go round for over a year now at least.
I just don't see the point in getting excited each time.
When the day comes and Iran is attacked, you wont see politicians on tv making threats. There will be silence. Everything will appear as normal, business as usual. There will be no announcements until the bombing starts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join