It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another lie in christianity exposed?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrixieBelden
reply to post by pureevil81

I once read that "Israel" is actually an acronym for "Isis" - "Ra" - "Elohim," signifying the union of both the male and female divine in the Egyptian culture into one entity in the Hebrew culture. Not sure if that should be taken literally or figuratively (much like man and wife become one in marriage).

Given Joseph's sojourn and authority in Egypt (Joseph of the coat of many colors fame), as well as Moses' origination in Egypt, it's possible. One school of thought says that Moses was a title, rather than a name, and that he was either the Pharaoh Thutmose (easily corrupted to Moses) or Akhenaten before his exile. I just noticed another thread with this line of thought which might flesh the concept out further.

1. Not corrupted.. there is little doubt that Thutmose was the "moses" of the bible.. but that is not corruption.

There is a reason that the true history was written the way it was. The reason is quite logical and absolutely BRILLIANT!

2. I don't necessarily denote that Israel is drawn from that at all... it would make sense actually. But you are thinking of Ra and Isis as equal to G.d and they were not. They were Pharaohs (well, Isis is a variation of the name of Thutmose's real mother) who were allowing themselves to be deified to the point of G.d.

There is only One G.d and Egypt had corrupted that... thus, in order to keep His covenant with mankind by not destroying the world and in order to stop the corruption of the Pharaoh's, He chose Israel.

Abraham and Sarah also were obviously upper elitist if you think about it. When they left their home, Abraham tells Sarah to tell the Pharaoh that she is his sister should he take note of her beauty. This tells me, they were running in those circles and not so "lowly."

The Bible hints to identities... It is NOT for corrupting.. it is for deeper reasons that it is written the way it is.

And if these things bother anyone, it just goes to show that your trust is not in G.d, but rather it based on the book and held there through fear.

I find it all fascinating really and the more I learn, the more I am planted in knowledge.
G.d is infinite knowledge, most definitely and the minute you become scared of the knowledge, you close yourself off to Him and His deep Wisdom.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

It is unfortunate that we react to new knowledge with fear, rather than logic. I usually find that looking at a new line of thought enhances my perspective in one way or another, often in unexpected ways.

Please don't think I was being judgmental when using the word "corrupted," but only in the clinical sense that "Thutmose" was altered. I also know that while my knowledge and understanding is limited, God's is infinite, and that God must use imperfect channels - us - to accomplish His wonders. Even mistakes and errors in judgment can convey divine truths.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoone:

Yes, isn't the Lord God an amazing *happening* in our lives. Our heavenly Father truly does love us in a way that we can not discribe to someone else. It is a emotion that one needs to experience on their own.

I am so happy that our Father protected you through all the bad stuff and helped you find a place where you could find rest and kind of regroup and come through your time of rest with a Spirit that was strengthened and well fed.

You are truly a special child of the Lord and he has much work for you to do to help move the "kingdom of God" for all to see.

He truly is "Abba, Father" and sometimes I just like to curl up in his big lap and sit there for awhile.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrixieBelden

What you and justamomma are talking about here may be over my head, I understood some of it, but not all.

Interesting though. I will take the time to research it out a little bit more.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It is interesting to note that the Sumerian Texts or tales were written way before the writings of Moses - perhaps 1500 years before. It is thought that many of the stories were intermingled with possibly those of the Bible, written by the books alleged to have been written by Moses. Here is an excerpt from another poster (Edenkaia):

To those that are saying that the bible came first, but just wasn't published yet, I would have to say that you are living your life with blinders on. The Sumerian texts came LONG before any of the biblical stories and if you can find a single "archaeological dig" that supports any theory otherwise, I would be happy to see it.

The story of Gilgamesh (a sumerian ruler) is the oldest recorded story in the world, and the tablets we have date back close to 3000 B.C. in twelve separate pieces. The oldest version of the Old Testament dates back to around 1000 to 500 B.C. Hardly a contest between the two, and the Gilgamesh Epic gives an account of a version of Noah and his survival of a "Great Flood" generations before. Different names, of course, but the story is the same.

This may or may not be totally accurate, I don't know. But the point that is being made is that many of the stories written may not have been the actual character recorded in the Bible, but is an entirely different character. More info:

The tablets are proof in and of themselves. As for the dates for the Gilgamesh account of the flood, it comes many generations before the time of Gilgamesh's rule (obviously, if he is encountering Utnapishtim himself) and he ruled around 2700 B.C. You will not find any archaeological evidence of a bible story coming before that time. In fact, many of the more popular books, such as the Gospels, were written at least a hundred years after the facts anyway. The New Testament is even worse; composed entirely from what Emperor Constantine and the council of Nicea concluded would be the most appropriate books to paint the most "divine" picture of christ. Anything that made him out to be simply human was left out. These are what make up the "Gnostic Gospels".

While some of the Biblical Psalms were apparently stolen from Akhenaten hymn to the Aton in Egypt.

The later part most of us know. A book that has been recommended but one I have not read yet is:

"Old World Secrets the Omega Project Codes." Some have apparently found this book disturbing. There is a thread on this book also. I have not read it and cannot recommend something I have not read, but it looks interesting.

Here is a link to: Sumerian Tales vs. the Bible.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

You know what.. I gave that some serious thought, but it does not ring truth to me. G.d is a spirit.. He is Life. He not found outward, but inward. We recognize Him outward because He speaks from the heart.

And we are to portray Him from our heart outward. That kind of stuff gets people to seeking outward for escape... anything that teaches escape is selfish. We only need to focus on His Word and what He gives our hands to do and we do it with all of our hearts.

Everyone is looking to define G.d and we can not do that except by our actions on this earth. If we can not take care of this, then we miss the point. I do not worry about defining Him anymore because once He opened my eyes, I realized He has been HERE all along!

All these things floating around seek to take responsibility out of our hands and logic says, that is not G.d, the Creator of this world.

He clearly showed in the Word that He is in His people and it is His people that are His expression to the world, to His creation.

What I have seen when I asked about this particular document. It is outside of me and I do not understand it and so I can not trust it. He told us we would not doubt Him.. so, it is not Him.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I am sorry, I am missing your point? To what are you referring to? Please cut and paste the quote. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrixieBelden

It is unfortunate that we react to new knowledge with fear, rather than logic. I usually find that looking at a new line of thought enhances my perspective in one way or another, often in unexpected ways.

Please don't think I was being judgmental when using the word "corrupted," but only in the clinical sense that "Thutmose" was altered. I also know that while my knowledge and understanding is limited, God's is infinite, and that God must use imperfect channels - us - to accomplish His wonders. Even mistakes and errors in judgment can convey divine truths.

no worries, you would be hard pressed to offend me.

Oh, especially mistakes and errors can teach us Divine Truth! Absolutely! People seek to escape hell, thus further creating hell for themselves and those around them. Walk through the fire; it is the only way to find heaven! I have found it and I live it from my heart out! But I *had* to walk through hell first.

You sound like you are honesty seeking the truth!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Oh sorry lol.. should have clarified. I am not disagreeing with your post necessarily.. I just mean the theories flying around that have stemmed from the sumarian texts. You know, like we were created by alien gods being one. I did give it serious thought thinking these tablets came before the bible, but honestly, I do not know that. I have no proof. I do know that I find the proof in my heart and in the Word in the Tanakh.. I did not get that from the translations of these Tablets.

It is the *way* the Tanakh is laid out so perfectly for a specific purpose that has convinced me of its validity as being the Truth; not whether the stories are true or not. IT is what is lying underneath those stories.

That is all I meant.

Edited to add: but I still found them to be fascinating.. anything "ancient" grabs my attention.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Oh, okay! I am not promoting the Sumerian Tales, but am following up on what you and TrixieBeldon were saying!

People can decide for themselves. But there are many questions that an earlier civilization would answer. This I won't discount.

They aren't saying that the Bible used their tales but that the tales existed before the Bible, and that they may have been intermingled. Like you were saying about Moses. The incidents were similar but the names have changed!

Where do aliens come in? You mean with the pyramids etc? Anything is possible, for it is hard to prove either way, but there are many questions and anomolies!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah your "break-through" doesn't quite reach the other side of the wall.

Mr. Anonymous at 4:24pm touches on it a tad, but I'm not even going to go into anything further here as it just doesn't deserve it.

If people like you put in the efforts from trying to disprove something into things that create balance and harmony instead of flame, this world would be the Garden that God intended it.

Don't pluck the dying flower, rather the weed that took the sunshine from that flower.

But therein lies Free Will.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes, I understood your post, I just did not clarify *at all* what I was addressing(which was not your post.. just the tablets).

Oh.. the alien gods that created us according to the sumarians are the annunaki. I wouldn't even know where to begin.. research it.. it is a big fad right now.

The mystery of the pyramids I think is very valid but it has nothing to do with aliens. It is found in the Tanakh. Ask Him. This is one I won't divulge as with other things. It is not something that will make or break a person's soul, but there are certain things that I hold on to because when they are revealed to a person who is seeking with all their heart, they will further confirmation of Who is leading them. That was such an awesome feeling, I would feel like I were cheating others from it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I suggest you keep your day job. Biblical hermeneutics is obviously not your cup of tea.

What you call yourself on ATS speeks volumes about yourself and the confusion you choose to spread.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

I suggest you keep your day job. Biblical hermeneutics is obviously not your cup of tea.

What you call yourself on ATS speeks volumes about yourself and the confusion you choose to spread.

Proverbs 10: 18 should address your shallow judgement quite nicely for you JM>

He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Oh.. the alien gods that created us according to the sumarians are the annunaki. I wouldn't even know where to begin.. research it.. it is a big fad right now.

Yes, I am familiar with it. I could not converse broadly on it, however.

The mystery of the pyramids I think is very valid but it has nothing to do with aliens. It is found in the Tanakh. Ask Him. This is one I won't divulge as with other things. It is not something that will make or break a person's soul, but there are certain things that I hold on to because when they are revealed to a person who is seeking with all their heart, they will further confirmation of Who is leading them. That was such an awesome feeling, I would feel like I were cheating others from it.

No, I am not a babe at this!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I am still a babe. Considering the vast amounts of knowlege that is His, I can't imagine ever being able to consider myself not. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I am still a babe. Considering the vast amounts of knowlege that is His, I can't imagine ever being able to consider myself not. lol

I meant not a babe in my one on one communication or conscious contact with God. I have had those feelings that you were talking about, and the waiting for answers from God and to "feel" the rightness of it, for a long time. It is why He uses me as a spiritual teacher in real life and on ATS.

There is a point where there is a cross over from student to teacher. This is not saying that there is not always something to learn. But at some point with enough experience and lessons; a person goes from being an intern to a doctor, so to speak. Science is always a learning thing, same with spirituality.

What I felt and believed in the beginning of my journey is a lot different from many years into it. I say this because, God only gives what we can handle and accept. He even allows us to believe something that may not be totally accurate but we cannot accept the real truth. This is why I say, "Keep what is working for you until it no longer works."

Knowledge and spirituality is a growing thing. Meaning: many understandings have to go, to make way for newer thoughts (that are new to us).

Often what I was so very sure of, turned out to not be so stable after all. We change, for it is necessary to. But for God it is not.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boogley

1, he dies for 3 days and was buried in a cave. After 3 days he ascended to heaven. (During the 3 days he was in hell) And as someone else said God was talking to his seed not Jesus' seed. Why is Christianity under so much attack? Would I get banned if I started making stupid posts about Muslims or any other religion for that matter? I wish the mods would have something to say here. This dude clearly pulled random versus and tried to turn their meanings around to get a rise out of people. Glad this is condoned.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Boogley]

I want to state I don't believe in god, if there is a god he has no place in his heart for me. However its easy to blame Christianity and attack it. Just like its easy to blame America for the worlds problems and attack it. Plus Christians only talk, they don't blow things up (atleast not yet) when they get upset, mostly they turn away.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
why is there even a discussion about this ridiculous book? by now enaone surely HAS to know it's just some colection of old fairytales to keep the dumb masses occupied. how can anyone take any religious (i.e. ridiculous) texts seriously? they are ALL (as in EVERY ONE OF THEM) written by HUMANS. and no, they were NOT dictated by "god", as there is NONE and NEVER WAS. get over it. think for yourselves!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 31337

If you have feelings at all!!! You do have the gift as well.
We know a lot about the knowledge of things but so much on the knowledge of love

Maybe your approach is a bit of course!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join