It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would like to get in this if an opening becomes available. Have plenty of time on my hands and have been arguing with people for years.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Alright I wanna debate with someone.

I want to debate on the topic-- are the American people being dumbed down by the government or are people doing it to themselves?

I'll take the stance that people are doing it to themselves but that the government probably could do more.

Any takers?

A good chance you will win, "But Ill take that bet your gonna regret cause I'm the best theres ever been!" "Fire on the mountain run boys run, devils in the house of the rising sun, chicken in the bread pan picking out dough..." LOL!

Really if you want lets get some practice. Not so sure of the topic, but ill give it a whirl on either side of the debate.

I will be gone next tuesday and wednesday, but other than that Im in.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

If I dont get a reply, I would love to debate you for aguements sake, I too love to debate, um argue...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I've always wanted to debate about this issue. I've seen so many people blame the government on here on ATS for dumbing down America but I believe from my own experience that the problem is deeper than that or the NWO.

Alright, so would you be okay with doing the debate on Wednesday then?

Maybe this would be practice for the tournament. We could do this as a challenge match.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey guys, the best way to get a debate going is for you to contact each other via U2U and agree to a topic/starting date. Once you have agreed, or have decided to have a random topic picked for you, both of you must U2U either Memory Shock or Semperfortis and they will give you fighter status and post the debate at the agreed starting date.

Edit: And if you are unsure about anything or have any questions, as I have said before, you can contact me any time.

[edit on 1 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, skyfloating and I are having at eachother now.

I feel much more like The Vagabond who won the championship a few years back- mean and obsessive. We'll see if it holds.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Bruce Springsteen looks good! Healthy and he's going to Disneyland!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'd be interested in having a debate with someone on any topic, and potentially getting in on the tournament if possible.

I just want to say that I never really notice the debate feature here on ATS (been a member since summer) but I think it is fantastic. A little background on me is that I debated for 4 years collegiality in policy debate, and made it to the National Debate Tournament (sort of the NCAA basketball tournament of debate). I now am an assistant debate coach at Clarion University of Pennsylvania. Despite being a very good debater, I am very computer illiterate (I still type with one finger), which will probably hinder me, but I'm all for trying anyways!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Have no fear. You get 24 hours to get your response together. Even the slowest typer can make that deadline.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If there is still space, please give me a chance to redeem my loss.....it was a fantastic experience arguing a point you knew nothing about until the next round....awesome

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Did we debate once esdad71?

I seem to remember we did, although I could be wrong.

After some research it turns out we did.

You were my very first debate of all time...and my very first loss.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hell yeah we did! I was so bummed I lost that debate at the end. We had a real good go at it though. It was so much fun to suddenly have to research the hell out of something to try to make a point..even if you did not believe it. Wow, ATS made us lobbyists...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is the link to the debate....fits in right now...

link

I lost to semper....you always remember your first loss....

[edit on 3-2-2009 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Question for semper and Mr. Shock:

Is February 16 still looking like a likely start date for the tournament?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yes it is.

Sign-Ups Will be closed after this weekend though for all intents and purposes all positions have been filled. A final roster will be presented after the weekend and then it will be a matter of waiting for the 16th.

We have a very strong talent pool this time around...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If there is still a spot left could you pretty please save a place for me

I'll be your best friend, really

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

As a matter of interest, how many people do we have signed up?

Would be great if we could get to 32

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Bet I've noticed this thread too late.

I'd be really interested in signing up for this, for debating in general. I do love debating and have been an offline debater for many years.

My interests are religion, science, ethics and all associated matters. If you can squeeze one more in I'd be delighted to join in.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I might be too late but count me in as I am still trying to find somebody to debate on the side of smacking is not abuse. It is!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Tournament debate topics are all random, but you can go here:

Public Fight Club

And challenge someone on your topic.

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join