It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Action G.I Joe Movie Coming - Is The NWO Trying To Recruit The Youth 4 NWO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Are they trying to make Obama's civilian force cool? Or its just another good movie?( i think its just another good movie) but you never know. With all this new tech thats coming out, I think it would make it more appealing for the youths to join. I mean their is a lot of popular war games out. Whats interesting about the movie is that chose Marlin Wayne for the character 'Rip Cord'. Their making it appealing for Blacks, and Whites of course.

Anyway what are your thoughts? I cant wait to watch the movie!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
who's marlin wayne?
i agree the movie looks interesting.
i think this is one of many movies that have promoted the "military" lifestyle.
just like starship troopers and transformers.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Marlon Wayans my bad. He's the black dude that does a lot of comedy movies

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by heather65

I dont think you "got" Starship Troopers if that's what you took from it.

Anyway,

Transforming G.I. Joe into some UN soldier to reinforce global government is terrible. Is there any greater a symbol of a sovereign U.S. than G.I. Joe? Well, besides Hulk Hogan and monster trucks.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
actually i did in that it promoted serving in the military in order to have other priviliges granted..getting married,etc.
but, i understand what you're saying.
that's just my view on how hollywood makes the military look.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

ok. i see.
hmmm...should be interesting if he's in a role that's so different from his recent choices.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Transforming G.I. Joe into some UN soldier to reinforce global government is terrible. Is there any greater a symbol of a sovereign U.S. than G.I. Joe? Well, besides Hulk Hogan and monster trucks.

Randy Savage and SlimJims

Has anyone looked into the conspiracy possibilities of the significance of trilogies? Seems like everything has to be threes now a days.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

No. Transformers is a 80's toy/cartoon turned into a top grossing movie too. I do not think it is a recruitment for the future human-transforming robot war.

People who grew up with these toys are old enugh to spend money and have nostalgia. So these movies make money, so hollywood makes more of them.

Case Closed.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't know if I will be able to take him serious after watching Dont be a menace south central while drinking you juice.

Loc Dog: Name: Loc Dog, baby. Height: Six-deuce! Age: 19. Father's name: mmm... I dunno. Sex: hell yeah, nigga! Salary desired: 3 million dollars! Cash!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Heather65 you have a couple unread u2u (private messages) from me. Click this link to read please.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
yes, i see.
maybe he's in the movie to add humor. i suspect we'll see him crack many a one-liner.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Oh yeah? Theirs a clear message in that movie too, its about Nuclear power and rouge Nations.

Optimus Prime: Our planet was once a powerful empire, peaceful and just, until we were betrayed by Megatron, leader of the Decepticons. All who defied them were destroyed. Our war finally consumed the planet, and the All Spark was lost to the stars.

Optimus Prime: With the All Spark gone, we cannot return life to our planet. And fate has yielded its reward: a NEW WORLD to call home. We live among its people now, hiding in plain sight, but watching over them in secret, waiting, protecting.

I can find a conspiracy in anything I think.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
G.I.Joe vs Cobra. The show always was about an Elite Unit of American soldiers, combating a Terrorist Organization.

G.I.Joe - Elite Unit of American Operatives

Cobra - Terrorist Organization

The comic books always failed in the industry as big sellers, and the cartoons always pumped the toys by Hasbro.

I don't know about the New World Order doing anything, since there is no such organization, but I'm sure the military is definately interested in this film.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
actually i did in that it promoted serving in the military in order to have other priviliges granted..getting married,etc.
but, i understand what you're saying.
that's just my view on how hollywood makes the military look.

Starship troopers is HUGELY sarcastic, and if anything it's a comment on how the militant views that America embraces can be seen as being fascists in nature.

Well, that & blowing the crap out of bugs, of course

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Betrayed by Megatron of the Decepticons?

Where do you get rogue nations and nukes from?

Sounds more like some politician promised the world and in turn made them all slaves or something horrible that caused a group to defy the "new order."

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
okay. i see what you mean.
but, you got to admit, any youngperson (12-17) probably saw it and wanted to emulate the soldiers.
killing giant bugs would be a lot of fun.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's a given in the conspiracy community that hollywood is up to their necks in CIA script writers. Whether that's true in reality or not, who knows.

But if it's not true, then the CIA must be very happy with the job hollywood does, of painting pretty much every negative aspect of American home security, and foreign policy in a positive light.

As for recruitment? That's not even a conspiracy. They openly admitted that the freely distributed computer game America's army is a recruitment tool.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I never was into GI JOE..
Why make this, when they left the end of Big Trouble in Little China
wide open!? Was Jack Burton menaced by the monster!?

I will wait till GI JOE comes out and read what you peeps have to say
about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That looks pretty interesting...

Why would the NWO want to recruit people in a movie that's all about rebellion?

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
GI Joe as NWO?

Hmm, sssounds like COBRA propaganda.

Sommers is good at making mindless popcorn action films.
GI Joe will be no different.

Sadly with Sommers at the helm, that means we won't get any in depth meaning like Iron Man or The Dark Knight had. It will be campy, along the lines of Street Fighter and Megaforce. Which is a terrible waste.

There are already rumors of the trailer being especially cheesy, sounding worse than the 80's kids cartoon. It will premiere to the public during the Superbowl.

Casting Joseph Gordon Levitt, a 20 something year old as Cobra Commander is goofy. The comic book Commander was a middle aged ex Vietnam vet, who served in US Special Forces, and tried and failed as a small business entrepreneur. He blamed his failures on the current world order and turned to starting a new political movement, that involved terror and guerrilla warfare against the current world order.

Now how does a 20 year old do all of that?

Note: the cartoon Commander, was completely different. He was a reptillian humanoid from an undergound reptillian humanoid civilization in the Himalayas, who worked with European aristocrats to create a new world order.

The movie is not based on the cartoon.

[edit on 28/1/09 by MikeboydUS]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join