It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal friend's SSN being used by someone else, FTC hands are tied?!!!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ok, I know some of you won't believe this, but here it goes.

A very close personal friend of mine calls me last night and asks for some advise on a issue he's been having for about a month now. Here's the conversation:

Friend: "you remember me telling you that SS Admin(?) sent me a letter stating that they found someone else using my SSN in Texas and was actually working with it?"

Me: "yea, I do, how's that going?"

Friend:" you might want to sit down for this one. In the letter, SSA stated to contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) office in TX and talk to them."

Me: "you kidding me?! why would they call the FTC?? "

Friend: "nope, so I call FTC in TX and give them the ref# SSA gave me and told them my story. They said they would look into it and get back with me."

Me: "k.."

Friend: " I'm holding in my hand the letter from FTC in TX and it states.." we are sorry to inform you that your case is at somewhat of a stand still. Unless they person that is using your SSN doesn't purchase any goods or credit cards, we can't pursue the matter."

Me: "WHAT!!!!??" I really don't get this !!"

Friend: "yep, so I call the FTC with the ph# provided and get the same speel from the other person on the phone!."

So he ask's me what I thought I would do if it was me. I told him, first off call our congressman or fire off a detailed email from the website, 2nd contact FTC upper management and SSA upper management with email or ph call.

I asked him if he still has the documents and he said he can make copies for me if I want.

Now why in the world can they NOT track this person down!! They know where he's working but refuse to act! I don't understand why the FBI wasn't contacted with in days of SSA knowing about this!

well, I love a conspiracy as you know but, i'm really going out on a limb here but, would it be to far fetched to say TPTB are pushing for a new system ? If the SSN's aren't working, why not just install a new one system .....kinda scary if you ask me.

Anyone have any suggestions?? or know of anyone else having similar issues with this??

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I never had any Identity theft or SS problems but had my state of NY manipulate testimony to their favor for financial gain. I unfortunately had no lawyer and "ALL" the testimony is 100% in my favor and the claimant was an illegal immigrant whose story was proven "on record" to be a lie. I contacted every NY state senetor, congressman, mayor, civil rights activists,klawyers,DOJ and anyone else you can think of and nobody has the decency to reply. They claim I owe them over $100,00.00. Nobody ever prosecuted him for his KNOWN crime but pursued me because of the oppurtunity to reap financial benefits.

My point is....We live in an extremely "CORRUPT" society and the ones we seek help from, are the ones COMMITING the CRIMES and nobody holds them responsible. Just look at what the government is doin with the bailout that had to be passed that week or America would collapse. Now they want this stimulus BS. Basically we taxpayers paid to get fired from our jobs and make the rich thieves even richer.

What I would suggest is send emails and make copies but above all send 1st class mail they have to sign for, this way there's definitive proof. I have stacks of files for my case since it began and am still seeking justice. My personal opinion is if your friend knows who or where this person is, I would take care of matters myself as you will NEVER get justice from the corrupt scum running this cesspool and the court system is just another corrupt business and will be dragged out for years with NO JUSTICE served.

I recommend not to obey laws because the people who make the laws don't. Do what they do. Who Polices the Police, Lawmakers and Elected Officials? and when have you ever seen them prosecuted to the same standard as a citizen? The only time a politician is held accountable is if they are in opposition to the agenda at hand.

Sorry for your friends dillemma and hope they can get a good outcome,just that I have little faith in most agencies and the people who work for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Something similar happened to me.My son applied for a Pell grant for college He was turned down because they said I had earned $260,000 that year,according to my SS#.I went to the Social Security and asked them for my money.Of course they laughed,but she did look it up.There were 5 people in different parts of the country useing my SS#.There was nothing she could do to catch them.They change SS numbers like people change socks evidently.They hand them off to someone else in some other part of the country.
These people pushing for amnesty for illegal aliens need to see this type of thing for themselves.They are breaking the law,and no one seems to care. What use to be the land of the free and the home of the brave has become the land of the slave and the home of the illegal

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If someone using your SSN# causes you losses you can take them to court and sue them. if you can find them,

I had someone in Texas use mine and i could not open a bank account for 6 months till it was cleared up.

I did get them kicked out of the apartment they were living in because they had used the SSN on there apartment lease, i was lucky that my sister lived only 20 miles away and could find the building owner and get him to break the lease for fraud.

In my case the person was using my number because he had so many bill collectors after him for money that no one would rent him a apartment after doing a credit check,

the strange part was i had lived in the same town 15 years before.
i always wondered who gave this guy my number.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
here in Europe the employer would be accountable for letting someone illegally work with a false nr in the first place.

It is indeed a big shame that they do nothing about it when the solution is simple.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Revelation

deeply appreciate the insight and sorry you've become the victim

I knew it was bad, but, didn't realize it was THAT bad!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wish everyone would flag this thread so it get more exposure; so ATS gets a real feel for reality of where the U.S. is heading.

To those that have replied already, thanks so much for your concern and responses. I'm truly sorry to hear of your plights.

cheers!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

I appreciate it and unfortunately (from the actions of our governing agencies) I don't trust a single one of them.

I would suggest you're friend keep pushing the envelope and pressuring them but definately reccomend to keep detailed info of everything. Who they talk to and when(date/time) and keep all info pertaining to this issue so they have proof that they did everything possible. Hopefully something gets accomplished and wish the best for your friend. Good luck.

[edit on 27/1/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

reply to post by Komodo

I appreciate it and unfortunately (from the actions of our governing agencies) I don't trust a single one of them.

I would suggest you're friend keep pushing the envelope and pressuring them but definitely recommend to keep detailed info of everything. Who they talk to and when(date/time) and keep all info pertaining to this issue so they have proof that they did everything possible. Hopefully something gets accomplished and wish the best for your friend. Good luck.

***URGENT UPDATE***

We were talking about how perhaps the records that were lifted from providence hospital could have been breached, where we thought his SSN was lifted.

I just got off the phone with the county police here, and the officer had said that my friend, with the SSN issue on this thread, is in jail for tampering with medical records!!!!???

top topics

join