It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in Catlett, Virginia?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My inlaws live about 15 miles from the area. I'm going there to visit this Feb. 15-17.

I've followed this thread with interest and will investigate and take pictures while on my trip. I'll post a report here on Wed., Feb. 18.

And yes, I have a digital camera and will have it with me - including fresh batteries and plenty of room on the SIM card. Given the furor over photographic evidence, I'll also bring a disposable film camera just in case a sudden EMP blast disables the digital. _javascript:icon('
')

So on Feb. 18 (unless the other posters beat me to it) we'll either see pictures of that weird little house or the empty field it's supposedly sitting in.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I do wish to see what chimp was talking about but stay safe. Brave people are rare nowahdays.

Try to get a picture of the mothman too
roll out!!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Whats going on ATS, I would like to begin by saying that I was present as driver in the situation described by PartChimp but was originally left out for reasons of confidentiality. I have since decided to post on this forum for the reason of lending credence to PartChimp's post (which has for some reason been subject to almost inexplicable skepticism) and also shed some light on a local mystery that has interested me for my entire life.
I am providing photo evidence that this is a real location and not the product of PartChimp's literary genius .
Since the first encounter we have been conducting nightly investigations of which the results we intend to post along with other photos, and hopefully some audio (of which the majority of experienced phenomena have been).
P.S. it may be worth noting that the camera powered down after only two pictures on location with fresh batteries. Upon returning home I took five pictures consecutively without a dent in the newly restored battery life.

s675.photobucket.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Useless Baron

What would cause your camera to power down
Is it possible for you to go there during daytime? sometimes The cover of darkness forces you to use flashbulbs!!!
these bulbs will blow your cover and you may be abducted, never to be heard from again WATCHOUT

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Useless Baron

ok - a couple of points - first no one in this thread has ever denied the existance of moonraker stables - so your photo does nothing to validate part chimps story - all it is evidence of is that you have been to the location

second - in the continued absence of partchimp , are you capable of using google maps or flash earth to pin point the precise locations of the places part chimp alludes to ?

lastly - yes we are skeptical - and part chimp fueled this buy failing to answer any question and ignored all offers of help

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Moonraker stable is the place where PartChimp's story takes place, the road we drove down to get there is easy to trace through google maps, type in the address seen on the sign and then get directions from Catlett. From there just follow Burwell road to the destination. Exactly what other locations need to be pinpointed?

Aubryish, not really sure what caused the batteries to die, we went at dusk and did use the flash and after two pics it powered down. Like I said before, once I got home I took five pictures with the flash on and it worked fine.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Useless Baron Exactly what other locations need to be pinpointed?

err this one for starters :

When i saw this little black "house" perched on the side of Burwell, those old stories came back to me. I pulled over on the side of the road to take a closer look. The house was very small, and looked coated in something metallic. Not just the siding, but the entire thing. The windows looked like they had been sprayed with some sort of latex or other kind of rubber. I looked back at my brother, who was adamantly shaking his head. I felt the same way inside, but i guess the same thing that pulls me back to this website time and time again pushed me to go up to the door and knock. I did just that, and stood there waiting. I listened intently for any kind of commotion inside. There was nothing, just a barely inaudible hum, like the hum of a fly's wings but at a constant pace. I quickly shuffled off of the porch and looked down the driveway to the left, and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. On the fence blockading the dirt road from potential trespassers hung a red and white sign declaring "No Trespassing" by command of the "U.S. Government". I looked at my brother and we both acknowledged what we had seen.

now call me rude and obnoxious - but if the significance of the quoted location to this tail passed you by - then you were either not there , or not paying any attention

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I was not there when PartChimp and his brother went back the next day, as I said in my first post I was with the younger brother at the time of the incident. I can however get pictures of said house, its only a fifteen minute drive out there. I just hope that when I come back with these pictures they wont be branded as useless, and thats assuming that my camera will last longer than 30 seconds to get the pictures this time.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is the younger brother of partchimp. Like Useless Baron said we have gone down to the location numerous times. We have not seen an true evidence other than small blue lights flashing and moving in the tree line located directly behind the house, which is odd since its a good mile of wilderness. But that does not rule out a flash light or anything. But for the most part our experiences have been of an auditory nature. We have a camera now and a voice recorder, I'm not sure that the low quality of the recorder will pic anything up but we will try. So for people like surealist evidence is on the way but at this point i feel anything we present will just get picked apart by someone whose already made his mind up.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
Jesus Christ, i've just scrolled through 3 or 4 pages of endless crap just calling the OP a hoaxer etc. But its ironic, because its these same people calling the OP a hoaxer that fall for this Galactic Federation of Light garbage.

Unlike alot of people on this site, the OP has a life to lead with his family and work and doesn't spend his time sitting in his room with a tinfoil hat on.

Cut him some damn slack.

I look forward to any picture or evidence OP

Thanks liamo. I have been extremely busy with work, and angry at myself for ever posting this on these forums. I have a life and a family. I am not the servant of any of the posters here, and regrettably i'm not working on their schedule either. There are enough people here to try and piece this all together for you, including members of my immediate family, who happen to have the time to provide picture evidence.

To the people that say I'm making things up about Vint Hill having a history in the subversive or the "Army Training Facilities" looking over Warrenton, do some research. I wasn't aware that posting here required an accompanying thesis paper. This is something we stumbled over.

To the people accusing me of making fake forum accounts and manufacturing the story in general, all i can really say is; ok. There are stories on this website about extraterrestrials attacking redneck families, lake monsters, and bigfoot. Why the hell i would ever take moments of my life to detail a complete farce to a board full of jaded malcontents is beyond me. I was seeking out an audience of inquisitive minds that wanted to possibly figure this out with me, and when i returned the same evening of my original post to the thread, there were over a dozen posts berating me for a multitude of things. Pretty sickening stuff, to be honest.

Hopefully shogoth can provide the answers and proof that i honestly feel like no one here is, in the end, going to accept.

Respectfully

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Welcome back Partchimp

I wasn't aware that posting here required an accompanying thesis paper. This is something we stumbled over.

I have some new questions, but first this must be addressed. Indignance is not really an option for you. You've been around here long enough to know that this isn't just a conspiracy site. This is a network of people searching for truth and more importantly, tangible evidence. You did promise to be back that very next weekend after the OP, and if you read the whole thread you were also offered camera equipment rides and physical assistance from other ATS'ers right there in the area, you were also asked for specifics of locations and such with no reply. So please understand how this can try the patience of serious investigators who have grown tired of of the tease that still must be investigated for fear of missing out on something important. No hard feelings eh.

NOW,
It seems we have the whole gang here so I've got a couple of questions.

-Useless Baron, New to ATS I see. Thanks for posting the pic, let me point out however, as did ingnorant_ape, that a picture of a guy in front of a sign in the dark does nothing to prove anything strange. Given that it is you or an associate it only proves you are near the area. I want to see the HOUSE. The black one with the metallic looking coating and the stange covering on the windows. Any other pics of anything odd would be fine too, but I still want the house. any weird audio would be fine too, although auditory anomalies were not mentioned until now.

-Useless Baron,

I was not there when PartChimp and his brother went back the next day, as I said in my first post I was with the younger brother at the time of the incident.

In this quote from above are you referring to This incident

This all started when my little brother, a first year college student and really great kid, came flying into the driveway of my house two weeks ago. Tears streaming down his face, he started to explain to me that while driving down Route 28. in the middle of Catlett, time stopped. There was a bright light, and all of a sudden he was driving the other way, several miles out of town. The first thought that jumped into my mind was the missing time phenomena and it's connection to abduction; the only problem is, he had no way of verifying the time. And trust me, even though this is the first thing that jumped into my mind, I'm as skeptical as the next guy. My little brother isn't a liar, though.

.....taken from the original post

If so then you also experienced the missing time or possible abduction. This may be even more important than the house albeit more difficult to get pictures. I would like to here a full account of what actually happened. What was the experience?

-Shogoth89
You ARE the little brother in the above quote from the OP right??
Same question can you describe what happened. I mean the encounter or missing time is what started it all right. Can you relate it to us.

And there is still this

Like Useless Baron said we have gone down to the location numerous times. We have not seen an true evidence other than small blue lights flashing and moving in the tree line located directly behind the house,

The HOUSE. Numerous times? with a camera?? Please show the house.

And finally

Hopefully shogoth can provide the answers and proof that I honestly feel like no one here is, in the end, going to accept.

Any legitimate attempt to Deny Ignorance will be accepted by me as well as many others here who are open to almost any possibility, The ONLY thing that would be truly disappointing is if, in the end it was all a hoax. If not then any or all experiences that caused you to feel strongly enough to post would not be discounted, even if later found to be a simple trick of light or some such other ordinary thing, on that you can be sure.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Thanks for the welcome Alien Chaser, and also for taking the time to read this thread. Allow me to explain my rationale for posting the pic, that over the last week or so has caught flak for being rather pointless. Upon first reading the posts I was under the impression that members were calling fiction on the entire story, location and all. You all have my apologies if I was mistaken in this assumption. This photo was to serve as an initial point of reference upon which we could expand upon down the road.
The story from my point of view goes as follows. Shogoth and I were driving down to Moonraker farm to scope it out for any kind of strange activity, as I have said earlier since childhood it has been a distinct point of interest for me. I pulled my car into a field just off the side of the road maybe a quarter of a mile before the drive way to Moonraker. From this vantage point we could easily view the farm from across the field and were reasonably concealed by both the distance from the house and the darkness that had fallen. Shogoth and I both stepped out of the car, closed our doors quietly and began scanning the landscape. On the other side of the road from where we were parked lies two houses, both of which look rather abandoned and dilapidated. It was from these houses that a strange noise that I can only liken to a cross between an abrupt startled gasp and an angry bark shook and startled us. We whipped around and stared into the darkness that surrounded said structures when mere moments later we heard the shrill scream of a woman that one becomes accustomed to hearing only in cheesy horror movies. Shogoth and I both looked at each other and in a sheer act of terror fueled by pumping adrenaline we scrambled into the car and took off down the road. Seconds later we found ourselves down at the intersection where Burwell crosses into another road though I dont recall its name. We collected our wits and decided to go back to check for cattle or anything of the like that could have created the sounds. We started back down Burwell and to our surprise we found that the drive took almost 5 minutes to complete. This is what Shogoth and Part Chimp were referring to as the Missing Time phenomena. I personally do not recall seeing lights that would invoke the image of a space ship or memory wipe and my initial theory was that maybe it was a reaction to the bodies fight or flight mechanism, But as it has already been said, my friend is not a liar nor does he have any reason to lie. Also we found nothing that would indicate such sounds being common place and returned home without much incident if I recall.

I will leave it to shogoth to post the journal that we have been keeping after each visit. One more thing I will address is a question you put to shogoth about going up there many times with a camera. By the time were both done with work and school it is already dark out. We park somewhere, wander around for maybe five or ten minutes, and as of yet something very unusual and disturbing convinces our instincts that its time to make tracks. I would encourage anyone able to go, check it out and I am certain you will see what I mean by this.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As I suspected, OP has become frankly tired of the impatient, ignorant fools who hassled him for being late posting.
PartChimp... on behalf of humanity (some of whom appear incapable of grace, dignity or apology) I apologise for the behaviour of these oafs, and hope that in time your confidence in collective analysis is restored. Be safe .

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ok – is any one else stuggling to make sense of this ? I am

Because reading :

Quote = partchimp [ OP ] describing his brothers “experience “

This all started when my little brother, a first year college student and really great kid, came flying into the driveway of my house two weeks ago. Tears streaming down his face, he started to explain to me that while driving down Route 28. in the middle of Catlett, time stopped. There was a bright light, and all of a sudden he was driving the other way, several miles out of town. The first thought that jumped into my mind was the missing time phenomena and it's connection to abduction; the only problem is, he had no way of verifying the time. And trust me, even though this is the first thing that jumped into my mind, I'm as skeptical as the next guy. My little brother isn't a liar, though.

And :

Quote = the useless baron

The story from my point of view goes as follows. Shogoth and I were driving down to Moonraker farm to scope it out for any kind of strange activity, as I have said earlier since childhood it has been a distinct point of interest for me. I pulled my car into a field just off the side of the road maybe a quarter of a mile before the drive way to Moonraker. From this vantage point we could easily view the farm from across the field and were reasonably concealed by both the distance from the house and the darkness that had fallen. Shogoth and I both stepped out of the car, closed our doors quietly and began scanning the landscape. On the other side of the road from where we were parked lies two houses, both of which look rather abandoned and dilapidated. It was from these houses that a strange noise that I can only liken to a cross between an abrupt startled gasp and an angry bark shook and startled us. We whipped around and stared into the darkness that surrounded said structures when mere moments later we heard the shrill scream of a woman that one becomes accustomed to hearing only in cheesy horror movies. Shogoth and I both looked at each other and in a sheer act of terror fueled by pumping adrenaline we scrambled into the car and took off down the road. Seconds later we found ourselves down at the intersection where Burwell crosses into another road though I dont recall its name. We collected our wits and decided to go back to check for cattle or anything of the like that could have created the sounds. We started back down Burwell and to our surprise we found that the drive took almost 5 minutes to complete. This is what Shogoth and Part Chimp were referring to as the Missing Time phenomena. I personally do not recall seeing lights that would invoke the image of a space ship or memory wipe and my initial theory was that maybe it was a reaction to the bodies fight or flight mechanism, But as it has already been said, my friend is not a liar nor does he have any reason to lie. Also we found nothing that would indicate such sounds being common place and returned home without much incident if I recall.

Its not the same incident , not by a long shot – however much latitude you give it for ` personal perspective `

granted - i am only going off a map - but [ to paraphrase ]

" i was driving through catlett on R28 and saw a light " and " we were stopped on burwell road 400m froim the dive to the moon raker stables and i we heard a noise "

are NOT the same incident - some one shoot the continuity editor

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
oh , and for the final taime - where EXACTLY is this ` black mystry house ` ? reading between the lines - it SHOULD be on burwell road , 400m from the entrance to moonraker stables - but given the inconisency of the story so far - it could be anywhere

and are we actually going to get pics of it ? or any reasonable evidence ???

this thread is like pulling teeth

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
flash earth map to the stables

ok now would the house be north or south of that point. What other clues did the OP leave to help me locate which house he is reffering to. Please help us locate the actual house so that your story will become alot more believable.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That's the thing that bothers me about it too. As stated above why are we the ones trying to get clues to figure out the story.

Go out to the house, we are led to believe it is viewable from the road..

When i saw this little black "house" perched on the side of Burwell, those old stories came back to me. I pulled over on the side of the road to take a closer look. The house was very small, and looked coated in something metallic. Not just the siding, but the entire thing. The windows looked like they had been sprayed with some sort of latex or other kind of rubber.

Go in the daytime pull to the side and take some pictures. Take them from inside the car if you're afraid of being seen. just point and snap away and then leave. If the coast is clear you could get out for some close ups but either way a couple or so pics would answer a lot of questions. After driving out there multiple times for night time stealth missions it would seem this would be simple.

For the rest of us while we wait lets try and get this location

While headed towards Catlett

"This is where it happened.", he exclaimed. We were just crossing the railroad tracks when he spoke, and it jarred my memory. Moonraker was a few miles outside of the little hamlet, on Burwell Road, so i decided to turn toward it. Once on Burwell, I started getting a more clear picture of what may possibly be going on out here in the middle of nowhere.

On the fence blockading the dirt road from potential trespassers hung a red and white sign declaring "No Trespassing" by command of the "U.S. Government".

Pics??

We never reached Moonraker that day

all quotes above from the original post

below is from the threads second post posted on 1/25/2009 @ 10:40

I promise to the people who are taking the time to read this that i am going to follow this up somehow. I'm going to procure a digital camera this coming week, instead of attempting to photo-document these things with grainy cell-phone pictures.

The moonraker pic is of a decent quality.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I still think this link shows a possible suspect for the "little black house". It's about 4.5 miles north of the stables and just off the side of Burwell Road

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

But then where is this

I quickly shuffled off of the porch and looked down the driveway to the left, and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. On the fence blockading the dirt road from potential trespassers hung a red and white sign declaring "No Trespassing" by command of the "U.S. Government".

according to this part of the op there should be a dirt road to the left of the driveway. Left as described that he was moving away from the house.

Also another clue, Moonraker is at 8412 Burwell road according to the sign
in the pic above from Useless Baron

[edit on 2/17/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm the "Anonymous" poster from above who said I was visiting Catlett and would take pictures. I registered with ATS so now I have a username.

I spent about two hours in Catlett today (Tuesday). I have a lot of pictures that I will post tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday). I've had a long day and it's late but I really wanted to post something.

Bottom line: Catlett is a much busier, much more "normal" area than I expected. I saw no evidence of anything unusual or even remotely out of the ordinary. I could not find the strange little house despite driving the length of Burwell road between Catlett and Vint Hill road two times, never going more than 30mph. I really looked hard for that house, especially around Moonraker Ranch.

I stopped at Moonraker Ranch and at a number of other points along the road. I'll post all pics tomorrow - they are very clear and specific. I also had a nice Tuna sandwich at the main Catlett general store, pic coming.

Overall it's a beautiful area but I'm sorry to say there does not appear to be anything at all out of the ordinary there.

I did see a number of Marines in fatigues in the woods on the drive to Catlett (about 10 miles East of) - but that's hardly significant considering I saw them while driving along the edge of the Quantico Military Base and they were obviously on training exercises.

Pics tomorrow, but I really think everyone can let this go. It's a pretty area, though, and the Tuna sandwich was great!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join