It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza family says Israeli soldier shot children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
reply to post by DJMessiah

Could you please cite a source showing a war of any magnitude that hasn't resulted in civilian casualties?

Although you question is disingiously put since all wars include the deaths of civilians who find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time, there is one hi-tech war were not one civilian was harmed; the Falklands War.

The unique feature of the Gaza siege was that the main victims were civilians. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Nevertheless there have been wars of immense magnitudes with civilian deaths were a fractions of a percent of total death. People don't say Israel committed war crimes for no reason.

How about the war in Malaya, the conflict in Northern Ireland, the Ethiopian and Eritrea War, Sino-Soviet border conflict, the three wars between India and Pakistan, World War One, most wars of the 19th and 18th century in Europe, the American Civil War.

[edit on 083131p://pm3125 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I"m sorry Masonwatcher but even the Falklands war resulted in accidental civilian deaths. www.ppu.org.uk...

I was simply pointing out a wrong answer given by the previous poster stating otherwise. It was in no way a defense of Israel actions as I've said numerous times in this thread. You too have mistaken me as somehow defending Israel. I find the actions of Israel in Gaza detestable, just as I find the actions of Hamas.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You guys...seriously... start to think. it was a JOKE. I was deliberately being ironic. I said it because Israel uses that excuse all the time.

Originally posted by AlienChaser
reply to post by Ridhya

Those news reports are strongly anti-Semitic!

Isreal uses this as an excuse to ignore international rules of war, uses this excuse to continue it's long standing aim of Palestinian gencide. It hides behind this excuse in the face of condemnations, and uses it for comfort from the guilt after each slaughter.

Israel has perpatuated the use of "anti-semitism" in order to more easily justify to themselves the horrors it commits.

Originally posted by carole9999

Originally posted by Ridhya
Those news reports are strongly anti-Semitic!

The Palestinians are semites, the people in charge of Israel are Khazars (Ashkenazi) which have their origin in Europe, and are not remotely semitic. Please do some research prior to throwing around that tired old canard. So we have non-semitic people murdering semitic children responding to criticism by calling out "anti-semite", and people like yourself chiming right in. How ironic!

No, how ironic it is that I was being ironic, and it flew right over your head.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
I"m sorry Masonwatcher but even the Falklands war resulted in accidental civilian deaths. www.ppu.org.uk...

Here is a quote from your link and thanks for clarifying things;

Ironically, by 2002, seven more Falkland Islanders had been killed post war in accidents on the ‘brutal gravel motorway built to link Stanley with the military airport.’ Have any others died from the 100 minefields reportedly scattered over the Falklands – Argentinian mines still being cleared slowly today?

These were post war deaths due to mines. It is nothing like DIME bombs and WPs purposefully exploding in neighbourhoods.

[edit on 113131p://am3117 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So, does any concrete evidence to these allegations exist yet?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Midav

Obviously its the families word against the Israeli Defence Forces'.......

the same IDF who denied the bombing of various UN facilities till proven to have lied...
the same IDF who deny White Phosphorous was used on civilians indiscriminantly....
the same IDF who insisted their "targeting of Hamas" was "surgical-like", resulting in the deaths of 1300 Palestinians,the vast majority women and children....
the same IDF who vehemently deny committing war crimes....

How "concrete" would you like it sir??

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

These were post war deaths due to mines. It is nothing like DIME bombs and WPs purposefully exploding in neighbourhoods.

If you read the source it also cites the only 3 civilian deaths during the war.

In most wars these days, the majority of deaths are civilian. We rarely know their names. They are not buried in neat rows like the military victims, tended for years afterwards by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. The British troops went ostensibly to save and protect the Falkland Islands and the Falkland Islanders. But they killed three women who lived there and this time we know their names: Mrs Susan Whitley, Mrs Doreen Bonner and Mrs Mary Goodwin.

They were killed by British shelling (accidentally of course) when they were sheltering in a house together during the naval bombardment of Stanley.

I agree it's nothing like the war between Israel and Hamas. I never made that comparison. Quit putting words into my mouth. I simply corrected the previous poster that there has never been a war without civilian casualties. You are trying to make it seem as though I'm comparing these types of civilian casualties when all I was doing was correcting this quote:

Not true. There have been wars where no civilians were harmed, because the right measures were taken to avoid civilian casualties.

That is simply a false statement no matter how you look at it. I was correcting him.

In fact, if you carefully reread my posts you will see that I heavily criticize Israel just as often as I criticize Hamas. WP and no regard for civilian casualties is absolutely terrible. I've agreed with you numerous times on this fact.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Bugman82]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

That's a long way to say no.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Fair enough...!!

But I suspect you get my point....

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

The isralites have been killing for a thousand years. at first the were just defending themselves, but after bein thrwn around and mislead theve become hard @$$'$. so after a thousand years there all like

and were like

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
[edit on 27-1-2009 by Obliterated]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by brentoncrazy

I don't think they were ever defending themself, i think they started all the conflicts that they have had any involvement in.

If to kill people who are non-Jews is not a sin and the life of a non-jew is insignificant in comparison because as we all know they are the self proclaimed "chosen people"... then technically they have never been victims of anything and killing a jew is self defence, if you don't kill them first then they will kill you because their bible says they can and they believe this.

They shoot children in the head. What normal person would shoot a little kid in the head for no reason? That $#!T is not normal. These people are brainwashed psychopaths.

edited to include more

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Obliterated]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This type of press coming out of Gaza unfortunately has little credibility. Hamas has zero credibility.

People talk about homemade rockets, but the psychological and propaganda machine running in Gaza is just first class. It has proved a far more powerful weapon than having modern military equipment. Who would sympathize with the Palestinians then? Hell, people can see body parts and blown up buses in Jerusalem and still sympathize with the bombers and call them brave instead of mindless fanatical insane madmen.

This tactic is really not far removed from the playground antics of people that start fights with bigger boys and then use their ass beating to leverage sympathy. All the sympathizers see is the results and react without taking into consideration the weeks of provocative actions leading to the action.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
[edit on 30-1-2009 by Logarock]

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Logarock]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What like walls and blockades and the preceding 60 years of land thefts?

second line.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Well how shall we address the fact that the ancestors of people in that region forced the Israelites out of the land at the point of a sword? And replaced them with others from various parts of those kingdoms? The kings that did this did so with the approval of Israels prophets. They consented to this then knowing that these same prophet warned that one day the Isralites would return.

So through the shifting sands of times new world powers oversaw this return and now the children of those kings or those that came to fill the empty land don't want to hear it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by masonwatcher

Well how shall we address the fact that the ancestors of people in that region forced the Israelites out of the land at the point of a sword? And replaced them with others from various parts of those kingdoms? The kings that did this did so with the approval of Israels prophets. They consented to this then knowing that these same prophet warned that one day the Isralites would return.

So through the shifting sands of times new world powers oversaw this return and now the children of those kings or those that came to fill the empty land don't want to hear it.

Do we have to hold hands as you take me to LaLa-Land. Listen dude, your comments are articles of faith and has no bearings on reality.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Well how shall we address the fact that the ancestors of people in that region forced the Israelites out of the land at the point of a sword? And replaced them with others from various parts of those kingdoms?

I guess you should address it the same way you would address that the ancestors of the people in the region were first forced out of the land by Abraham when it was Canaan the land of the Philistines.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

It would hardly be La La Land.

Anyway the people over there know all about this on both sides of the issue. Thats the really rather an a western projection on the issue. All are aware of the historical ans scriptural implications of the current history in light of the past historical goings on. You honestly are not so in the dark about it all that you believe area powers and cultures in that area have no consideration about the historical and scriptural implications one way or another? That the latest intrusion into the area by the Jew and the formation of a Jewish state is seen as simply an unjustifiable intrusion by strangers?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated

I guess you should address it the same way you would address that the ancestors of the people in the region were first forced out of the land by Abraham when it was Canaan the land of the Philistines.

Well what is funny about this is that Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Hittites, Philistines, Rome all forced the local powers to pay tribute and used the place for a battleground for centuries. All were basically powers that existed away from the direct area. We see the same game playing out today with outside powers supporting local turmoil. These local powers today could care less about the Palestinians as they cared nothing for the others then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join