It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Crakeur is totally right.

Historical truth, secondly too just look at current military operations never mind UFO's and breach's of National Security.

So in the case of the UK,

If Gordon brown now today went on a crazier one than he did with the economy, and decided he wanted to attack a country with a Nuclear weapon ( we will forget for this analogy we would need the right switch pressed in the USA for them to fire anyhow-Trident so would need US approval as well! )

And he got the War cabinet together, agreed, and then ordered and agreed by the Chiefs of Staff from the services, the actual order is sent from a bunker which would need the commanding officer there, under the watchful eyes of 2 fully armed Marines, who always are 2Eyes on" on the phone & trigger (transmitter to the Subs) bit to be of 100% certainty that the Prime Minister was of sane mind and acting in the interests of the UK.

Things in Government are not what they seem, its layers, upon layers of Civil Service and Military and NSA MI5 CIA etc etc etc deeper and deeper to names weve never heard, staff who have been in post for a generation, watch governments rise and fall, and the globe change in all sorts of ways, whilst still holding those key Jobs.

Most are unacountable and the real governments are unknown.

If a Head of a country cant even order an military attack, what chance do you think they have got of ordering declassification of the most secret part of human history.

No goer, might find out who made the $20,000 hammers and ordered and received payments for them, might even find out if bush like pepperoni or double cheese, but even secrets on 9/11 are never really recorded on official documentation, its all layers and layers below that.

Remember Paperclip, just think on who in the USA had first contact and studied these things, you really believe there is any chance of this?

Naive IMHO to think anything different.

The only truth we ever hear is the truth they want us to think is the truth, which it isnt, as there are you see Known Known's, and some things we know that they Know, but they know we know they Know this, and I also Know they will never officially tell us what they really know.

That was think about it now from the front peice of the show, imagine what Unknown Knowns, type conversations they would dress up any truth in anyhow from the Ones that really know these things, who probably only are fooled into thinking they Know all the Known things about Ufo's whilst really there are those who Know more.

Kind Regards

Elf

[edit on 22-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

The "you knew about this" scenario is what I would expect. i.e., What did you know and when did you know it line of questioning.
Or, after disclosure, will we all be standing around the smoldering ruins of human civilization singing Kumbaya, cause the visitors are SO benevelolent? (After all, they traveled the Cosmos to get here) And as the forces of group think wind their way through the collective sub-concious, we got what we desrved and are just happy we're not dead too?
Welcome to pre-nazi Germany.
I see a visit, disclosure, etc. as "FAIL"
We're just not able to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

No the argument you don't know does not support your argument that you know it is military craft simply because as you stated. You DON'T know! so as long as the fact of not knowing is established the likelihood that it is military craft or aliens is about the same. Hell i would lean towards aliens more because I would hope to god our military hasn't been flying their super secret craft over civilian airspace to "test" them out, or mexican air space or any countries air space where they can be tracked on radar. It also seems kind of idiotic for the military to test their super secret craft to spy or attack their own military facilities. I certainly hope the military doesn't start up investigations to determine if their secret craft are a threat to national security. Although that would be a nice tactic of disinformation if your hypothesis is correct. but considering they publicly ceased all investigations into UFO's (most likely to keep people from questioning further, the director of bluebook comes to mind), I again highly doubt that all ufos are just secret government craft.

Since we don't know what the military industrial complex has kept secret. Or where they got some of the secrets form. And we don't know other applications for such secrets. We don't know what civilian uses they could have and we don't know what breakthroughs independent scientist testing ,investigating and collaborating (something compartmentalization doesn't really allow) could come up with. It would be nice to have some sort of transparency between the government, the military, and the public.

to people who say don't hold your breath I agree. but to the people who think this pledge of transparency wont amount to anything I disagree. Even if we only get a few more interesting cases or even more information on a few cases like the british X-files being released it is a step in the right direction. Also the pledge of transparency might further encourage those who have some information, although limited to come forward with what they know and were told to keep silent about.

There is a changing of the guard happening in this country and it needs to happen because America needs a new suit if it wants to strut foward. The old generations are getting old, those who keep the secrets are on their way out. Look at Dick Chaney someone who very much is in the know and probably has more secrets in his back pocket than any of us can even think of. When these people start dieing and their grip on these secrets weaken you will find that the information will start to leak out.

Considering my health vs that of Dick's i think I'm going to win the waiting game to hear some of the truth.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Just watch Obama's face now that he is President, and compare it to before he was President.

If his face looks like he has seen a ghost, you know he knows something pretty shocking.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

I was shocked when I saw him the day after his first security briefing. It was more than a bit obvious that whatever they told him took quite a toll on him. I am sure that with his ties to Podesta this is something that has come up in conversation. I also think the amount of requests on the website for disclosure did not go unseen.

This is something that we can speculate about until we are all blue in the face. Only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think disclosure will come through unintentional means if at all.

I believe that this new administration will push for transparency in funding, which will open the door to many secrets, and not just UFO's. One hand of the government doesn't know what the other is doing, so by making information available where the money was spent, we may get the one thread to pull to unravel the shroud.

And let's not forget, Ms. Clinton is on board. She has a second shot after 8 years to figure out where they went wrong. I suspect they will dismantle much of the power structure that is keeping everything secret, by changing the procedures. I see this as a new approach, one that hasn't been tried before.

Whether it works or not will be another subject. But I do believe this is a new chance.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It would really be nice to know the truth and have disclosure. Unfortunately as stated previously I won't hold my breath as even the President does not have unlimited access. Hope for the best and expect the worst.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I was shocked when I saw him the day after his first security briefing. It was more than a bit obvious that whatever they told him took quite a toll on him.

Its emotional exhaustion too, he has been sown in as President, Moved, had the weight of a the worlds firmly placed on his shoulder's do you really think he slept?

The marathon is over but he has to now start another one without real rest.

The security briefing is where he gets to know the ins and outs of having six billion souls in his fate, in a silver briefcase not far from him at any time, the number of US troops shot and wounded/killed that day, the practicalities of trying to get out of Iraq as he wants...

Totally natural, nothing special he was told IMHO would do it to anyone, unless of course as bush they go and play Golf immediately, i am glad to see he is human and has feelings emotions that show, makes me feel safer to be honest.

I doubt even the top CIA general even NSA guy in that room knows much more about the UFO TRUTH than obama has in reading popular press.

About caves with labs maybe, if Kim is alive or dead, how many nukes Israel really has etc... but the UFO thing no, just camp rumours and what they have observed as young military men, personal sightings.

Elf

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So if President Obama does throw some bones our way, what makes you think people who have so damn much invested in disbelief will suddenly come around from second hand information?

Most assuredly they will be screaming Proof! Hoax! Liar! Impossible! False Flag! Demons! Anti Christ!

I mean even if area 51 opened its doors to daily tours, people will live in their own ideas of how they choose to perceive the world.

I happen to respect many people who have come forward and made personal disclosures like ex pilots, astronauts, politicians, police, and many of the regular Joes as well.

It just makes me sick to think that people still believe that this world was created in 6 days and then he rested. why on earth if he could whip up our complicated reality in 6 days like a lazy morning omelette, would he then need to rest?

The hardest for me to swallow is that people are so full of their own egos that they cannot concieve of life on other planets. Look at the size of this place!

I understand more the reasons behind why disclosure is kept from the GP, than why they should come out with it. I have seen with my own two eyes an alien being, I KNOW they exist, it is not fantasy, illusion, drug induced, or some sleep paralysis. I do not need disclosure, disclosure found me because of my path. People would FREAK at the reality and they (aliens)would be compromised and that cannot be allowed.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

so you think the we should never know about ufo's?
if you had an exp and saw one, maybe you can tell me how many kinds are their and if they all live in peace or fight like us humans?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Whats the point of having a President without full access to the government?

If that's the case all you in the US did was vote in a new puppet.
Maybe you do need to have a revolution after all.
And rebuild the military as that seems to be where all the control is.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
While I believe wholeheartedly that Obama COULD do something about all of the UFO stuff, I won't hold my breath for it to happen.
Reason being, ALL of this stuff will naturally be termed sensitive to National Security.
Same with everything the Bush cronies did. Why? Because at this point, to let the cat out of the bag is to run the risk of revolt.
Unfortunately, nobody heeded the advice of Eisenhower when he told us to guard against the aquisition of force either warranted or unwarranted by the Military Industrial Complex.
At this point, the Military Industrial Complex are the masters of this nation. They are in bed with the oil industries, who are in bed with our leaders.
To let go of ANY of the secrets they hold, Bush's crimes included, runs the risk of destabilizing what the Military has control of.

They are all in on it together. I see this nation as being a police state that is disguising itself as a corporate fascist state using the pretext of a democratic state. Unfortunately, we are supposed to be a representative republic. We have lost our way. Big time.

Obama is making a pretty good push so far. Just lets not let him push so far to the point that he is assassinated. Because then we are back at square one.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

This Obama guy needs to play it safe when it comes to the Aliens. All this other stuff is bogus, I mean, this stuff with them aliens and stuff, that's the real deal. Big time stuff.

If any "president" did something not exactly of their liking, forget regime change... they'd perform "president change" in a minute. These folks do assasination stuff, and the cops/fbi/whatever would quickly put the blame on some bogus dude or simply say they don't know who did it. Case closed.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I understand what you are getting at, and I just posted something to the effect myself.
However, here is something we should keep in mind. Obama has more political clout than any president in recent, or possibly even overall, history.

Not that they still wouldn't move against him if he went too far, but they WILL be a little more reluctant to do so with him simply due to the fact that he IS the first black President. If they shot him, there would be chaos in the streets. And that is something that even the military doesn't want.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Is this thread about the FOIA memo that Obama send to all those govt departments, or is it something separate?

If it's just the FOIA thing that's kinda disappointing. Bit of a misleading topic title if so.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Political clout means zip when dealing with the MIC. You start threatening their bottom lines and profits...kiss your ass goodbye, whether you are man or prez.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
well i dont think any UFO's would kill a president. they would get him on their side and if he chooses to tell society they would prob listen...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I for one used to believe disclosure would be for the better. But as I grew older I started to sway the other way. Maybe we aren't ready. If the government were to release oh say that aliens have been coming here and eating us then what impact would that have on humanity? Especially if the case were we couldn't do anything about it because they were so far advanced?Also what if their minds can grasps concepts and ideas that our minds weren't built to comprehend even if they tried to explain it to us in laymans terms? How would we relate or even communicate with such a species? What if the key to lets say unlimited energy requires us to wrap our minds around certain concepts and ideas that our minds were just not equipped to understand? Kinda like how an ant cant build a car because its mind is not physically equipped to understand how to. Even if you sat with an ant and try to explain it in the most simple terms using their language? And even if that weren't the case and they were more like us mentally then our civilization would be destroyed, replaced by alien ideas and science and ways of doing things. I mean really, who would know best? Us? Or an intelligence lightyears ahead of us? Not only that but pretty much all of humanity either sees aliens as saviours or invaders. There is hardly any middle ground. That speaks of a naive race. In essence we've stereotyped an intelligence we a whole race have yet to even meet. Even if all of the above did not apply then the simple fact of being face to face with an alien intelligence would freak almost anyone out. I always wanted to meet an alien but wanting to and actually experiencing it are two totally different things. I think Obama's a good man and what he's trying to do is he is doing because he thinks its the right thing. But there is a reason why Presidents don't come forward to tell all. It has nothing to do with being told they cant say anything. I believe it has more to do with them being told the truth and rethinking their stance after hearing said truth. Like maybe it is in the best interest to keep the truth secret.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
From another thread I have running at the moment - "Who is the keeper of the secret files"

I guess there would be thousands so when it comes to releasing files to keep the public happy someone has to decide which to release. Then it would make sense to release those on the bottom of the list say the bottom 100 files - the files deemed not important.

The feeling is that they the files are broken into groups. It unlikely that the president would get disclosure on this ether he will only be told what they want him to know. Granted that will be more than us.

If you want to discuses who has the secret file than come along
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The idea did not qualify for the second round so the Obama admin will not push through with the plan.

Here's the proof:

www.change.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Plausible deniability.

There are things the President doesn't know and there are things he cannot know.

Even the CEO of Bank of America doesn't know the combination to the safe at your local branch. Or any other. It's not necessary for him to see the money in order to run the bank.

If he were given the combination to all the safes he then becomes a high-value target.

Many know parts of the truth. Few know most of the truth. Nobody knows the entire truth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join