It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Literally Skips Off The Sun

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by shug7272

*I don't abuse emoticons.

Please Quote the post where I state that RFburns was correct in his assessment.

Please don't abuse the emoticons.
Great reply. It was almost as good as this one.

So your telling me you made a post to tell me how much RF knows what he is talking about when you didnt think he knew what he was talking about?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by shug7272]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

"So your telling me you made a post to tell me how much RF knows what he is talking about "

Please quote from the post wherein the claims you are currently making derive their substantiation.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
It's amazing how people do not look at what they are seeing (if that makes any sense).

Meh give it up ArMaP I said that some pages back...

Not only do they not see... but they don't read either...

I think I will go back and make a list of all the ideas they came up with

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

"So your telling me you made a post to tell me how much RF knows what he is talking about "

Please quote from the post wherein the claims you are currently making derive their substantiation.

Cheers!
Uhh.. Ok?

Why do you think people defer to RFBurns when a subject such as this comes up?

Could it be that he has some professional expertise relevant to the discussion?

Naw....
See here now this post would seem to say that he is a professional and would know what he is talking about.

*I don't abuse emoticons.

Please Quote the post where I state that RFburns was correct in his assessment.

Please don't abuse the emoticons.
Now see this post here would seem to say you didnt think he knew what he was talking about.
Are you playing with a full deck?
These were made within minutes of each other too! I am afraid I dont have time to explain simple things to you anymore tonight. Ask someone else for help if you cant figure this post out.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

"See here now this post would seem to say that he is a professional and would know what he is talking about."

You deduced that from two speculative questions?

Quite.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

"See here now this post would seem to say that he is a professional and would know what he is talking about."

You deduced that from two speculative questions?

Quite.
Yes I did. Would you have deduced differently from those two speculative questions?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

So you aren't even going to answer my questions?

*You are going to assume they weren't questions and attack me for it.... or so it seems.

(Yeah, I've only been her a month, so I am asking questions to you - a member since 2007... and you attack me for it.)

Thanks!

Edit: I think the anomaly might be related to the electric universe theory... If it isn't an optical illusion, it is certainly not obeying Newtonian physics.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

if thats the case then why cant we see WHAT IT WAS that hit the sun? it was going so fast that it was a blur ,it is possible that something can go so fast it may seem invisible

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I am always very confident about RFBurns replies, he knows his stuff and always seems to do his homework before posting.

My question though, is, if it is part of a flare circling the sun like RFBurns says...and if the math is correct as in a couple of posts here saying that if it were an object bouncing off the sun that it would have be going at least 4 times the speed of light. Wouldn't that mean that if it were a flare, the flare would be traveling faster than light itself, making that theory impossible?

This may have a simple answer but I am throwing it out there...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

I would also very much like to see SOHO images corresponding to the time of this incident.

Hopefully, and visual observations of this event may come forth - a group sighting would be preferable, as many as possible from anywhere would be nice... so long as the correspond to the same incident at the same time.

*I'll be looking for relevant SOHO images to post here tomorrow.

Perhaps this sort of event has been recorded in the past?

Edit: Here is an event that would produce a similiar effect if witnessed from the earth should it be appropriately aligned with the sun:

(Image courtesy of WebcamUFO)

Here is an object that is leaving a trail, by which the entire length could be excited by solar magnetic activity, which might account for the recorded effects (maybe):
www.ufoarea.com...

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It could be, like most say, an insect, or something within Earth's atmosphere. Also, if it is what most speculate it to be, it could be two objects. Meaning, the 1st(flare?) one we see go into the sun and the other coming off the top are not the same. Possible? I would say so.

However, if this thing litterally skipped off the surface of the sun, it should be impossible to catch with normal cameras down here.

The speed is too great to be captured, despite the size of the object. The object is huge, we know, but that thing is moving about 4 to 5 times the speed of light, to clear distance of the sun in 1 second flat. Things moving that fast, that far away will not be seen. Unless...that's right, unless it's not that far away.

If it really did pass untop of the sun, the speed at which it was going is the reason it escaped the sun's gravitational pull. And if this is so, it has to be made of something unknown to us that could withstand that kind of heat.

I'd love for it to be an alien shuttle making it's way over the sun...
But, if it were, at that distance and speed...we will not be able to see it with our simple cameras.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

i have seen that type of effect but can't really find something exactly like the op's vid.

this is as close an example as i can find.

is it relevent? i don't know.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

This video was taken in Massachusetts by the local Fox 25 News.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Actually that isnt some object bouncing off the Sun. Its some of the flare that gets caught by the magnetic field and follows the magnetic field up, around and back down again, which looks like something bouncing off the Sun.

There are tons of examples of that over at the SOHO site.

Cheers!!!!

I'm inclined to agree with you, but it would be a novel way for an advanced spacecraft capable of interstellar travel to refuel.

Given that they have the technology to protect their craft from all of the nasty stuff spewing from the Sun, you'd think that simply flying into it and scooping up as much star stuff as they can would be a nifty trick to refuel some sort of advanced propulsion system.

Just wild speculation on my part, but it sure it fun to think about

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Sorry guys I think I sneezed that day......I think it looks like it dipped into the sun. News cameras have a great zoom and birds know when news cameras are in use they are not to fly in front of the camera. That is filming etiqu. 101. How come we always blame birds why not a dragonfly. I mean dragonflys fly too...This is a conspiracy against birds......

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I could possibly be an asteroid passing behind the sun from our perspective and the illusion of the skip could be caused by a lensing effect.
The object in question would have to be extremely large in this case, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

I'm not an expert (not that that really matters much) in either photography and film, solar mechanics etc etc.

I fully accept that this could be anything from an out and out hoax to a fully explainable and relatively common physical characteristic of a normal solar event or Earthly event as you mention.

I'm not saying what is actually IS or ISN'T, unlike a LOT of people commenting on this, i'm not particularly polarised on this. I simply say what i think it looks like to me.

When people come out with blanket statements, fully polarised, saying IT IS this or ISN't that, without any qualifiers, is a pretty foolish thing to do.

We can all think we know what it is, based on our knowledge at the time of viewing, but this is not to say we can say what IT IS conclusively.

spikey.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
When people come out with blanket statements, fully polarised, saying IT IS this or ISN't that, without any qualifiers, is a pretty foolish thing to do.

I agree, that is why I try to avoid statements like the following.

Originally posted by spikey
Whatever it is, it's massive.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
first of all the size of the object would be larger than our mood, travelling at much faster than the speed of light....that is an optical illusion...nothing more, nothing less, looks cool, but there isnt even a quantifiable escape velocity for the sun....especially an object that would be that large....I mean we are talking huge here....if it was an alien vehicle. it could literally have billions of soldiers on it....and if they were pint size guys, how many billions could it hold....I mean if the earth were a hollow space ship, how many soldiers could be housed inside it.....and a million or so earths fit inside the sun...wow

[

i]reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Just think about this for a minute. If it really was something bouncing off the sun just be very happy that Earth was not in its path. Something that big going that fast was to hit Earth there would not be a piece of this planet big enough to put in a match box. And remember this as well, we do not have a clue what is out there we only pretend we do. As to what it really was your guess is as good as mind.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join