It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

WHAT? Psh there isn't any cleavage in that pic goober. Get back on topic.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by sos37

WHAT? Psh there isn't any cleavage in that pic goober. Get back on topic.

Sooooo much left to the imagination .....

Yes, quite right! *ahem* The topic was making mountains out of molehills? ... DOH!...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
ok folks, back on track now.

thank you.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

My response has been "let's wait and see" - he talks the talk, let's see if he walks the walk and can truly make the US a better place for ALL, as well as improving the battered image in the international community.

Now this is class and deserves a star. I feel that so many people have put Obama on such a high pedestal that any fall on his behalf will be a big one. One even further then Bush. I have never seen so much expectations of a President in my lifetime. Considering his legislative accomplishments, I will say he is in for an uphill battle. I pray that Congress is really intent on helping him address our problems or we as a nation, and Obama as President are in deep trouble.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

OP - from reading this thread, I think you proved your point quite well. And yeah, its those types that make the rest ashamed to be associated with americans.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Really, did you see all the pomp yesterday? We might as well just start crowning kings. All this talk of hardship and sacrifice while simultaneously spending a kajillion dollars on parades, galas and ceremony. I'd like to see some sacrifice from Obama starting now-stop spending all of our hard earned money on BS.

As for this booing, i have no problems with it. Don't talk about respecting the office of the presidency. Stop respecting traditions, power and ceremony.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
All you naysayers about Obama, should be listening to him right now on T.V.!

complete transparency - no lobbying presents - freedom of information act reinstated! Includes Executive Ethics!

The list goes on and on - of what he is changing immediately with executive orders right now!

YES - what a CHANGE!

[edit on 21-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The lack of class I saw was the litter people threw all over the grounds at the mall. To me, that is the real display of general lack of respect in people.

It sounds small but indicates something much larger in a person's belief.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
All you naysayers about Obama, should be listening to him right now on T.V.!

complete transparency - no lobbying presents - freedom of information act reinstated! Includes Executive Ethics!
Is he showing the American public his birth certificate, his passport records, or even his college records like the other candidates did? If not, so much for transparency.. LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It shows that we have freedom of expression, it shows that we are not afraid to voice our opinions and exercise our right to free speech.

Do you take such a critical look at your own government? Maybe you should start there.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

People forget that before 9/11. There was an attack on America on Dec 7, 1941.

We have since had 12 presidents since that attack. 11 till GW"s term. So we went through 11 presidencies before there was another attack.

We went 60 years without an incident. Sorry, but Bush doesn't get sole credit for safety.

After 9/11 more people died in car accidents as a result of a fear of flying and refusing to fly then that actually died on 9/11.

Your chances of being murdered, killed crossing the street, or being hit by lightening or a tornado are much higher.

Even if terrorists were able to pull off one attack per year on the scale of the 9/11 atrocity, that would mean your one-year risk would be one in 100,000 and your lifetime risk would be about one in 1300. (300,000,000 ÷ 3,000 = 100,000 ÷ 78 years = 1282)

Now I understand the cost of property damage is a problem. But was it really worth erroding our civil liberties, killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's, making enemies of half the world.

if terrorists were to destroy entirely one of America's 40,000 shopping malls per week, your chances of being there at the wrong time would be about one in one million or more. Rothschild also estimated that if terrorists hijacked and crashed one of America's 18,000 commercial flights per week that your chance of being on the crashed plane would be one in 135,000.

The cost of war in Iraq: 590,000,000,000.

The total is 864,000,000,000.

The Cost of Iraq, Afghanistan, and other Global war on terror operations.

The number of causualties: 4229 soldiers killed in Iraq.
The number of soldiers with head injuries:320,000
The number of Iraqies killed: 1,307,319 is the estimate.

casualties in Iraq

The soldiers chance of dying in Iraq is 1 in 1500.

So I wonder if they feel safe?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
...Incredibly, Bush and Cheney, and their wives, were loudly booed when they were introduced to the crowd.

I was ashamed to be an American.

What a total lack of class. With the world watching, Americans had to act like a bunch of immature adolescents.

An historic day, ruined by idiots.

answers.yahoo.com...

Come, come...the whole world watching was also booing this looser of a leader, as well. Haven't you kept up with what the world has been saying about America and Bush/Cheney over the last few years? Furthermore, I would suspect you would find it repulsive that a few lowly people living under a King would be so inconsiderate as to consider declaring independence from the benevolent England in 1776. Remember those you so flipantly call idiots are your fellow citizens who this neo-con gang of bandits has called unpatriotic for meerly questioning their stripping us of our precious freedoms since 9-11. When I saw the introductions and booing I said, good, but they should by rights all be in prison for treason against the American people. Not to mention their active involvement in 9-11 insself as a pretext to entering Iraq to exact a spoil!

But that said, one should not expect much to change with President Obama. After all he gets his orders from the same OWNERS as did Bush/Cheney. Different actors, same script. Our hope is not in politics or parties or personalities. George Carlin had the best advise in this regard:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

How much are football players paid? How much are baseball players paid? How much is Britney Spears paid? And they don't have real social value.
People insist on paying 200 dollars for a pair of Nikes maid overseas bya 12 year old Indonesian girl.

People on here constantly criticize that Americans pay more attention to American Idol and then the news. That our citizens are apathetic. That no one cares. That the government can do what it wants.

Yet, when Americans turn out and choose to support a leader, pay attention to something important, no matter what you think of that person,that we are happy about, choose to support and follow, we hear how much it costs and how ridiculous it is. That Americans have finally rallied around someone with real social value, everyone still gets their panties in a bunch.

So Americans, stop caring again and go back to watching the Simple Life and give your money to real important citizens like Hannah Montanna, and quit giving a darn.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
No,

Those men don't deserve applause or any kind of respect, they ruined your once great nation in 8 years....8 years!

They should have been pelted with rocks and then lynched!

Yep, they ruined our nation!
Just the other day, I was eating out of the garbage!
I can't believe how different our country is today than it was 8 years ago!

Wait... no... my life and the lives off the majority of Americans is exactly the same...
hmm... Could it be propaganda which makes the majority (though mostly uneffected by the last 8 years) to believe that our country was ruined? For what? Another to take the stage and fix it?

Act II begins...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The cost of war in Iraq: 590,000,000,000.

The total is 864,000,000,000.

Now add in Obama's proposed trillion dollar stimulus package, and what do you have? LOL

Is he planning to end the war in Iraq anytime in the near future? No
Does he plan to see that the first 750 billion dollar bailout package is used as intended? No
does he propose spending the country out of the current recession it's in?Yes

You're point was what?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Haven't you kept up with what the world has been saying about America and Bush/Cheney over the last few years?

Just goes to show that the world is so busy concentrating on what America is doing that they are mostly unaware of what their own government is doing. Time to look in one's own closet.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i have one question .. why did the terrorist not attach BUSH.... ?
Because Bush was not brave enough to kill himself

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join