It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor said "The Next President tries to be the next Lincoln" Is there any doubt Civil War is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Where2Hide2006

I've heard it all now...

"This guy from the future isn't accurate because no one here knows who was the pres in 1959 without looking it up ".(which just means the poster didn't know and figures no one else will either)

What a load of malarkey.

Don't argue away inaccuracies of a fictitious person.

You crack me up.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Where, pray tell, did you hear this?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Who is John Titor? im new here about to do some research. im guessing he is a time travler or something?

Is this a real person or just a story any pictures of the man, or where is he now?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

What really gives me cause to chuckle about this whole issue is that long after Mr Titor was debunked and skulked off into the shadows, his minions - sorry, followers - still cling to his very clever stories, as though they were true.

Worse still there are people here still prepared to engage these people in serious debate, about why Titor is not to be a trusted source of information.

I find it rather distressing that those on the "ney" side have not worked out that Titor's followers have no desire to change their minds about the bunkum he brought forth to the internet. Distressing in the sense that these people still try to convince the Titor-ites that they are wrong, and should "see the light"...

To these people I say: Forget the Titor-ites. Move on, discuss something intelligent. Allow the Titor-ites their five minutes. In ten years time, these people will realise that Titor was wrong, and always has been. Either that or they will have conjoured up more reasons why the predictions were a little "off". It is their delusion let them have it. Use your time more wisely. For example by spreading fact about the great tax robbery conducted in the name of "bailout", etc.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Sorry to say this but John was a TIT.......................with a good imagination - END OF...

[edit on 01/01/2005 by vesta]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I didn't buy to much into the John Titor story, but something has really struck a nerve with me here.

Let me explain. I absolutely believe in synchronicity and a 12 months back I heard that Obama was the reincarnation of Lincoln come back to finish what he started. No joke here, I am not pulling anyone's chain.

I discounted the claim and thought we'll just another shot in the dark claim and psychic premonition, but I heard it again on another site and forums.

Now, I have not followed much of the election and propaganda because it overwhelms, but I did catch that Obama was doing some type of route like Lincoln did.

I you think I am joking do a Google search on these words.

"obama reincarnation of lincoln"

If this is actually what Titor said about the president following in Lincoln's footsteps, then I am going to have to eat my words about Titor.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I do not think John Titor was really from the future but i really liked reading the book it was very interesting. Don't get me wrong i know his stuff has not come true. But it was a great read i know time travler is much more farther fetched that an undead jewish carpenter that poped out of a virgin and oh yeah he was the son of god. But anyway I read the book Tale of a Time travler what i liked was that he was not hell bent on prooving anything to anyone he just talked about his time. Even in the book he says that things may not go the same way it did for his people. he said the farther you travel from the present the more it changes. Like i said i do not think he was a time travler i just like what he had to say.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
99.9%of people will say he was a hoaxer, that makes me feel good, it makes me a 1%er.

BTW he is 10 years old now. By the time he is 14, all out war has raveged not only the US, but all Nations, whats left of them.

John Titor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

John Titor's military insigniaJohn Titor is the name used on several bulletin boards during 2000 and 2001 by a poster claiming to be a time traveler from the year 2036. In these posts he made numerous predictions (a number of them vague, some quite specific[1]) about events in the near future, starting with events in 2004. He described a drastically changed future in which the United States had broken into five smaller regions, the environment and infrastructure had been devastated by a nuclear attack, and most other world powers had been destroyed.

To date, the story has been retold on numerous web sites, in a book, and in a play. He has also been discussed occasionally on the radio show Coast to Coast AM.[2] In this respect, the Titor story may be unique in terms of broad appeal from an originally limited medium, an Internet discussion board.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.johntitor.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
LOL @ speak in robotic tones! Kinda reminds me of this dude!

You really have to laugh!

Yeah, I love the guy with the beard when the "channeler" was making all the weird noises and such.

I always wonder whats going through their heads when they pull stunts like that. Do they believe their own game? Or are they playing people for suckers? I tend to lean towards "they believe their own hooey." Especially at the lower levels. I think some of the very best at it, the most famous, know they are full of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Titor is an absolute fraud and hoax.

Why would he even bother telling us predictions if he knew that our timeline would be off and different from his?

Whoever Titor was, he probably is an everyday poster (possibly a Moderator
) that is laughing his butt off that his hoax is still believed by people today.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Razimus

Don't you understand? Who was the prez in 2005, George W. Bush...

MISS!!! (like always)

Exactly, a total MISS - but people who really want to believe in charlatans will grasp at straws and desperately try to make the facts fit the predictions no matter how ridiculous they sound.

It's no surprise to me that the excuses have already begun. Cognitive Dissonance is alive and well on the forum.

IRM

Just before I read this post, I took a hoot off my bong, and gazed deeply into a bowl of water... I just don't know why, but the name 'Nostradamus' just kept on ringing through... Each of his 'prophecies' has only been 'proven' after such an event happens, and it's linked with a somewhat generic 'prophecy', more often than not, resembling more of an incoherent rant, than a prophecy...

back to the subject, you definitely hit the nail on the head with that one... Any time a 'prophet' has actually come forward with visions of 'our future', there will usually always be a following of people who will try to piece current events together with these 'predictions' in all ways possible.

Perhaps I'd give more leeway for Nostradamus, had he not written his quatrains in that odd little manner... But all I've heard of Titor has been just crazy... In the mean time, I guess I'll have a look-see at the predictions he's made. If something he has predicted actually comes true, when he says it's supposed to - something totally 'world shattering' - perhaps then I'll lend some more to him/his story.

But not until then.

J

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Ut, oh. Then perhaps Obama better stay away from Ford Theater since he is so closely aligning himself with Lincoln, including basing the menu for the inaugral dinner on the menu Lincoln used.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I aint gonna get into the debate weather titor was what he claimed to be or not....
you've got to admit, it's kind of uncanny that titor would have predicted this that long ago, and low and behold, everything seems to be a caparison between obama and lincoln...
gov't propaganda? maybe obama has heard of titor and is just playing his assigned role. and is reading this right now with a nice giggle.
either of these two options is more believable that it was just coincidence.

or who knows, maybe titor is just bad with dates....and a rotten history student.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Though it may comfort you to think in this way, you're wrong. I think outside the box all the time, and I welcome new knowledge but Titor does not even come close to qualifying. Since when is bunk knowledge? Way to raise the bar man!

Now see that's where your problem lies.

Outside the box is all well and good, but what good is it, if your never peak inside, to never look inside means you guard the secret hidden within, or are afraid of it's contents, why don't you have a peek? go on, it wont bite.

We must look everywhere, if we are to understand everything, then it's wise to at least accept the possibility, that something could be true, even if we don't understand it, or disbelieve the physics of what seems impossible.

To have no proof of an event, does not mean something is not true, and in this day and age, all the proof in the world wont get through to some ego's, sometimes logic is not the wisest choice, because what you think you see is not what it seems on later.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

I know Titor said 2005...but What if Titor was off by 4 years in his predictions??? After all do you know without looking it up who was president in 1959?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Where2Hide2006]

Here's a thought. Maybe he was just wrong.
Instead of trying to retrofit his "prediction" maybe call it what it is. Someone who pretends to know the future but doesn't.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I know Titor said 2005...but What if Titor was off by 4 years in his predictions??? After all do you know without looking it up who was president in 1959?

So what if his timeline was way off. SO what if nothing he predicted came true. So what if he stole 90% of his writings. So what if his physics fall apart on themselves. So what if he has been proven a fraud to sell books. So what if he is wrong about everything except the things we already knew anyway. So what.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

However, Titor has more hits than any other self proclaimed profit that i have ever heard of.

Can you please make a list of these "hits", or direct me to a list of them?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Thepart of this "John Titor" story I find interesting is,there is a legitimate lawyer in Florida that was hired by this "Titor" characters real family to represent them.
They claim to have met their son from the future and he and his younger self interacted.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by calcoastseeker]

Can you please post more information on this, such as your source?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The "my timeline doesn't line up with yours" bit is the alarm that should go off that Titor is a complete hoax.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I thought we established Titor to be a massive fraud who lured the weak-minded into a fantasy world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join