It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else getting tired of looking at AVATARS on ATS that are Advertising evil?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Change your avatar dude. Yea you... you know who you are.

You want your avatar to be an all seeing eye? A skull? some kind of evil alien?

Some kind of witchcraft icon?

What the hell?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I click on this thread and this is your avatar?

and then 4 posts down from the OP

interestedalways? what are you thinking?

think twice about what image you want to display to other members of ATS... please?

It's sad to see that some members on ATS are defending the Illuminati.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

Your looking at everything black and white..

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Are religious people really so sensitive that they cannot cope with viewing the symbols of another competing belief. Are you that scared you'll have your faith damaged by it? Seems your belief isn't that strong then.

Allow people to display what they wish, what if someone, if you put an avatar up, took a dislike to it?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That is me casting bad luck spells on everyone at ATS!

I was thinking at first to have the devil dancing or spinning pentacles but, I chose myself shooting lightning. Nothing on here has disturbed me at all. Well, the spider one is kinda eeh!

[edit on 18/1/2009 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i dont even know what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm coming for you!
BOO!
Nothing is evil unless you believe it to be.
Thats how curses work.

I just gave you the Evil eye

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is an amazingly retarded thread - I thought that Doomsday would have at least have an avatar himself but that would have opened a whole other can of worms.

Well mate, hope that you see movement when you look at mine - don't stare too long or you might get a headache!

Or you can just look away, disable avatars, ignore button.....many ways to skin your cat.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hmmm... I want an avatar too now. BUT, that would mean I'm conforming.

Sorry, no can do.

I'm remaining an individualist!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Wow, hundreds of posts, what would be more interesting if people explained why they picked their avatars.

BTW doen't evil, like good, need to follow an action for it to be evil? Can something be evil by its looks?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

That is a great idea:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There we go.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Successful troll is successful oy original poster who has no avatar please do tell me is my avatar evil?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is one of the few things that lets ATS down!
Absolutely pointless thread!
Who cares!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't know, fairly new avatar I'm using right now.. but a far cry from supporting illuminate imo

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Anything is considered evil to someone. I dare you to find an example thats not.

That pencil? I got stabbed with one in grade 8! Offensive! Your adorable cat? Allergies! Cool optical illusion? WITCHCRAFT!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

OMG yours is so SCARY!
Runs into the other room and hides under the bed.
Goes back and grabs the bag of cheetos then hides again.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
I don't know, fairly new avatar I'm using right now.. but a far cry from supporting illuminate imo

Oh man, Assassin's Creed is awesome. Sure, the gameplay can get repetitive and stuff, but oh man, the storyline, while most normal people think it's a weak point, is in actuality one of epic awesomeness to most people in this ATS community.

If I were to change my name officially, I would definitely change it to Altair Ibn La-Ahad. Nothing more bad ass than that.

Otherwise though, this isn't the gaming thread, and you should stop talking about gaming. Take it to BTS.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Jinni's avatar is freakin awesome! I want to get that tattooed on my back! And interestedalways avatar is hot!

Whats the problem here doosday? If your scared, don't cry cause you'll look like a girl!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't think there is a real issue over "dark" avatars. We all have our own personal feelings and interest and we should respect that.

I saw that skull avatar in your link, I thought it was nice. Not that I worship dark figures, but it's simply art.

I can do some pretty dark art and still have love for many things.

Don't be fooled by the cover of a book.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Adding more green to this pointless topic.

when theres a freedom at risk i must post and remind assholes that we do have freedom and not everyone has the same tastes. The rest has already been said.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This is the avatar I started with,

I have been experimenting with my own avatar, on the influence it poses to my writing, message, and of course the attention it brings to my posts.

I was posting anonymously, then she found me. It was clear, I was hers - she was mine.

My current avatar does not get as much attention. It represents my awareness of the fact that young minds are among us and my responsability to share positive knowledge.

I have decided to give myself some time to reflect on my first thread(havent started one)- sort of taking a break on lie slashing! Meditating on finding something worthwile to share. But still contribute in a humble way.

I do not wish to confuse any one(AsleyD also has made me a new avatar)
but I must admit I may shapeshift to boobies(ex) if ever I really feel I have to get a message across to the boobie people and such.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I see no problem with any avatar. Now dont get me wrong, there are some that I find more "pleasing to the eye" than others, but I wouldnt want to force my will on others.

Everyone has picked there avatar for their own individual reasons. Some just like the way they look, others have very deep personal meanings.(mine happens to be both)

Everyone of the avatars that are in use on ATS are within the T&C.

All I can suggest is that if you have a problem with specific peoples avatars, perhaps u2u them and ask about the meaning of their avy. Find out why they chose that one. You may learn something...

Or if you really want to pursue it you could file a complain with the ATS staff, althought most likey nothing would come of it because they are within the rules.

Or if you want you can always hit the ignore button so you dont have to see them or their avy on ATS again, of course if you ignore everyone whos avy you dont like you will miss out on a lot. You will miss getting to know alot of great people and you will mis getting to read alot of great posts.

One thing I would never suggest doing is creating a thread and naming specific people. It could be interpreted as a personal attack (although I dont think it was) and it could very well offend the users in which you "called out" (for lack of a better term).

As I said, you should probably u2u the people who have avatars that you dont like and ask them about them,at the very least you may just learn some intersting things.

Also as has been said, Calling those avatars "evil" is a bit extreme. This thread could be construed in a way that makes it look like you are calling the people behind the avatar, evil, and that is why you should be careful making threads like this one.

I dont think you meant it as a personal attack. Infact you seem quite nice. But your going to offend quite a few people with threads like this.

Just be careful, My good friend.

Peace

Dust

[edit on 19-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join