It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush: "I promise you the next president will realize there's an enemy."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
CNN VIDEO

First off, this is my first thread, if it's wrong, please move it. I was surprised to not see any thread regarding this interview.

Second, I was actually impressed with the interview. I think George is not as well spoken as most, but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. His speeches are written by the absolute best, and he just can't deliver. However in this interview format, he does quite well.

However the line he drops "I promise you the next president will realize there's an enemy" about 13 minutes in.

Also I thought it was interesting when he talked about Gitmo, he basically says, they can't let anyone out, but then can't put anyone on trial either, because the information needed to convict some of the people there is "very sensitive intelligence" and needed to be done with care.

He also shows quite a bit of contempt for the President-Elect.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Gando702]

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Gando702]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Gando702]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think that President Bush stated that the next president will learn that we have enimies because he found out in his presidency that we have enemies. Like in 9-11, and only he and the select few know how many attacks have been stopped. So once you are in the presidency seat you learn alot when being briefed by the CIA ect. I do not think he was hinting at anything specific. We the people have no idea what the president has on his shoulders. He is making decisions on topics that we honestly know nothing about except what the media has told us so we like a bunch of numb fools believe everything the media feeds us. Obama will have the same decisions to make and he will make them (I hope) in the best intrest of his nation and we agree or disagree but if knew the whole truth and all the reasons behind his decision then we would probably be more open. But everyone wants to bitch and moan about the president no matter who it is unless everything is going great. Durring Bushs' administration he was faced with many tough times that very few if any president has ever faced I am sure that since we havent been attacked again since 9-11 (on US soil) he has done a fine job. And after Obama is in office a few months and the economy is still as bad as it is now or probably worse and we are still at War there will be folks pissed at him too. As far as conspiracy theories, yes there are many many things that go in the White House with the CIA and Pentagon ect. that we will never know about and most couldnt comprehend if they did know, so before we go on a judging spree it would be best if we all prayed our guts out for who ever is President and our nation and the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have had a hunch that the truth concerning 911 etc is still very hidden.

I believe the goverment knows that it was a planned demo with planes to give it a little shock and awe but they still cannot allow anybody to know who exactly was behind the attack.

I would not be surprised if the culprit is the City of London cartel.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Melissa, I agree. Sure, he's definitely not good in front of a camera fielding questions from left field, or even reading a speech, but the man isn't an idiot. He's just poorly misspoken, and unfortunately, you combine that with the WMD blunder, and all of a sudden, he's the worst president ever.

As far as the Bank of London theory, I'd have to learn more about that. Any links you can provide, Raven?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The next president will realize that there is indeed enemies. What Bush is not telling Obama, and the public, is that it is Bush that "created" these enemies. Hence Bush is absolutely correct..tho not exactly telling the truth about it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702
Melissa, I agree. Sure, he's definitely not good in front of a camera fielding questions from left field, or even reading a speech, but the man isn't an idiot. He's just poorly misspoken, and unfortunately, you combine that with the WMD blunder, and all of a sudden, he's the worst president ever.

As far as the Bank of London theory, I'd have to learn more about that. Any links you can provide, Raven?

City of London cartel.....not that I care to put on the internet and it may be a dead end.........try researching some of the investments made at that time....look at the connection between The Vatican Bank and The City of London.

It is often referred to as the City or the Square Mile, as it is almost one square mile (2.6 km²) in area. These terms are also often used as metonyms for the United Kingdom's financial services industry, which is principally based there.

en.wikipedia.org...

The City of London has been administered separately since 886, when Alfred the Great appointed his son-in-law Earl Æthelred of Mercia as Governor of London. Alfred made sure that there was suitable accommodation for merchants from northwest Europe, which was then extended to traders from the Baltic and Italy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What if the enemies of which he speaks are from within and as President Obama is about to find out?

Aliens.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't think Obama is in the "need to know" when it comes to ET's/UFO's/Area51/etc., like GW1 was. He just doesn't seem like one of those inner circle guys.

So I don't think he'll find out about aliens.

However there are those that believe Obama is a reptilian hybrid, which is pure comedy to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He may not be on the 'need to know' but if he has any balls and decides not to play the game, he can become a very knowledgeable person rather quick. It's up to him to decide whether or not he's going to put up with that 'need to know' because the World Needs to know and not people that We Elect.

new topics

top topics

join