It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter bashes single motherhood on the View

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Hence my objection. I think Whoopi said it too. She has never been married or had children, how can she understand what it is to be a single mother and say that they are victimizing others?

She's using statistics, flawed ones as well. She quotes stats about kids from single mothers in jail. Unless you look at that in contrast to the kids from single mothers that succeed, the stats are useless. Thus merely propaganda.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And, as I said, look at how they are defining single.

A significant number of people have had "Single parents" at one time or another, maybe even a few months. But that does not necesarily constitute being raised by a single parent.

It strikes me as absurd as asking prisoners how many houses they lived in as a child and then trying to argue that moving causes crime.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

A significant number of people have had "Single parents" at one time or another, maybe even a few months. But that does not necesarily constitute being raised by a single parent.

A few months? Sometimes a few years. My father was in the Navy. I saw him little when I was younger. My grandparent filled in. I think I turned out OK. Others may disagree.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yeah. So, if you have ever been convicted for a crime, it is because your mom was essentially single for a while.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Being a single mother 3 I am not offended by Ann at all. She has her statistics and is sticking to them.

My boys are 16, 17 and 25, have never been in trouble and don't have any resentment or anger issues.

I chose to have my children, I refused to get an abortion thus I took my responsibility in raising them very seriously. Yes I was on assistance while I went back to school to further my education so that I could provide for them.

Do all single mothers do as I did, no. There are some bad apples out there.

Just don't label all singles moms the same.

[edit on 15/1/09 by Rhain]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yeah. So, if you have ever been convicted for a crime, it is because your mom was essentially single for a while.

Never been convicted of anything other than moving violations. I actually work in Canada's largest correctional facility.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Never been convicted of anything other than moving violations. I actually work in Canada's largest correctional facility.

WEll technically you've done a lot of time "in jail..." so you can blame your mom whenever you have a bad day at work!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
Being a single mother 3 I am not offended by Ann at all. She has her statistics and is sticking to them.

My boys are 16, 17 and 25, have never been in trouble and don't have any resentment or anger issues.

I chose to have my children, I refused to get an abortion thus I took my responsibility in raising them very seriously. Yes I was on assistance while I went back to school to further my education so that I could provide for them.

Do all single mothers do as I did, no. There are some bad apples out there.

Just don't label all singles moms the same.

[edit on 15/1/09 by Rhain]

I am in a similar situation. The majority of single mothers are like you and me.

What I am saying, is we do not deserve to be called out or catagorized because of the bad choices of a portion of all single mothers.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
She is very unattractive as I saw her on Hoda Kotby and Kathy Lee
the other morning.

Another time to channel skip.

There can't be any on her side, who would stand next to her.

It proves that we have been told Illuminati lies, you do judge a
book by its cover.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Canada has a Correctional Facility?

I wasn't even aware Canada had criminals
Thought it was all open doors, free health care and basically legal weed...

Why would one commit a crime in Canada it's so... pleasant whenever I go there...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This silly tart is as shrill and far to the right as possible. She is nicely counterbalanced by other silly nuts that are as shrill and far to the left as possible.
I say ignore em all.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sad and frightening to say...

Ann sort of has a point here, whenever the pendulum swings too hard (imho) in either direction, things get bad.

She shouldn't label but I guess it's just her way... Allot of Moms DO seek to have kids to use the guy as a sperm donor these days and collect a check, allot of other People... not just women use divorce as a way of escape and abandon on the people they love iof things get tough and many others buy into the whole "ME" philosophy the modern shrinks like to say is the route to being happy...

People use the heck out of kids today...

and allot of Moms try and keep the Father away even when it's a great guy for personal reasons, being to immature to handle a post relationship, relationship with their ex or simply greed and jealousy

and Kids need their Fathers

There's allot of women out there that abuse the power that was given to protect them and leave the children in the middle even when the guy loves his kids dearly and never did a thing to harm them emotionally, physically or otherwise...

I have an ex who "attempted" those games at first until I showed I'd never back away from my kids... she just wanted her check and for me to be gone... and I was an Amazing father on every level, I just didn't get along with her

I have a friend who was raised by his mom aunt and 2 sisters, all I can say is... I help him out allot he has allot of issues with being a Guy

It really isn't healthy for children to have only one parent and the school system is no substitute...

Men have rights too... I don't like Ann that much, but it's good that a Woman, any Woman brings to light how some men are victimized, enslaved literally by some women who.... never gave a damn about them other than making those kids... and then set out to destroy them and not even let them be Fathers...

She Just... might want to be a bit more specific and not ruffle so many feathers, she might find some of those Liberal Women don;t have much respect for Vicious using Mothers either, makes the good one's look bad...

A poorly delivered and alienating message from Ann, but not one that has no place, what she addresses is real and hurts allot of people particularly children.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

She should have deliniated, assuming she actually wants to solve the problem rather than just ruffle feathers.

It may be bad for kids to have only one parent, but it is WORSE to give them a guilt complex because of it. They couldn't do anything to pick a different situation.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ok I just got in on this thread and I haven't read everyone's posts, and I only watched about half of what she was saying on the view, and I have to say....

You guys aren't really listening to what she's saying, and just bashing her because it's her.

I know I know, I like to bash coulter too, but I have to admit, I agree with her and see where she's coming from on this particular topic.....

Yeeesh....I've never said that before....weird...I'm agreeing with anne coulter....at least most of what she's said in the first half of this.
I don't see a lot of discussion in here about the points she's making....can we get back on that please, and not just make this, another anne coulter bashing thread....those are fun tho, I advocate one on BTS anyone down?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

How about we bash her for her cherry picked and biased "statisics" instead? Her entire premise is built on the weakest pile of crap ever promoted on daytime television. She is basically lying with the way she nuances every single 'fact' and figure in her book. Aside from that, she must have been a dude.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

If one person could end up a single mother right now, oh please God let it be Ann Coulter.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by deadline527]

Noooooo! We don't want little evil spawns of her running around!

(not a one liner)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
She is very unattractive as I saw her on Hoda Kotby and Kathy Lee
the other morning.

Another time to channel skip.

There can't be any on her side, who would stand next to her.

It proves that we have been told Illuminati lies, you do judge a
book by its cover.

Kathy Lee and Ann Coulter together on the same show!
That is enough to curdle anyone's breakfast.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ah liberal contradictions.

When a man from the inner city commits a crime, its because of his environment and a lack of a father/ father figure.

and yet when someone makes that point in a more general fashion applied to all of society, they are called all manner of names.

Care to clarify, anyone?

The stats clearly show that single mother families are incredibly disproportionately more likely to raise children who are stunted in some manner. Google the stats yourselves if you are interested. Or better yet, just buy Freakonomics by Leavitt and Dubner already! Im tired of recycling their research lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
this woman is out to sell books and to promote herself. people that take extreme views counter to common decency will always have a forum and be in the limelight. media promoters know this and capitalize on it. she simply needs to be ignored.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
this woman is out to sell books and to promote herself. people that take extreme views counter to common decency will always have a forum and be in the limelight. media promoters know this and capitalize on it. she simply needs to be ignored.

Ann (the most beautiful woman in the planet) is a best seller author. If she's such a "nut" how does that happen over and over again? Her data is in fact correct. Political Correctness has blinded the insane to truth.

The PC crowd just as the environuts can't see fact. Many times they are the same insane morons.

for example....

My name is Michael Tanner and I am the director of health and welfare studies at the Cato Institute. I appreciate the opportunity to appear before the committee on an issue of extreme importance to the American people. There is no doubt that juvenile crime is a serious and continuing problem in this country. There are many factors contributing to the rise in juvenile violence and crime, from the glorification of violence in the media to the failure of the "war on drugs." But, today, I would like to focus on a factor that has received far less attention -- the relationship between the welfare state and crime.

Last year, the Maryland NAACP released a report concluding that "the ready access to a lifetime of welfare and free social service programs is a major contributory factor to the crime problems we face today."(1) Their conclusion appears to be confirmed by academic research. For example, research by Dr. June O'Neill's and Anne Hill for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services showed that a 50 percent increase in the monthly value of combined AFDC and food stamp benefits led to a 117 percent increase in the crime rate among young black men.(2)

www.cato.org...

Just when did the NAACP become a "right wing" group?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join