It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment. What is it and how do we know when we have achieved it?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

great thread

and you have the enlightment in your ideas .. for that we can agree
there is so many people now waking up ... even here on ATS many members are also waking up

the EMS tool is to show at what stage we are until a supreme enlightment
after reading your thread i beleive you are Cat 4.5

take the test if you dont beleive me .. im always accurate when i scale someone

the EMS is in the signature below ..i suggest you to try it
it might help you know where you are

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Enlightenment, the realization that this is it.
The freedom from searching for something better.
Realizing that there are no correct answers.
Seeing that there are no individuals.
No-one is doing it.
It is being.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

great thread

and you have the enlightment in your ideas .. for that we can agree
there is so many people now waking up ... even here on ATS many members are also waking up

the EMS tool is to show at what stage we are until a supreme enlightment
after reading your thread i beleive you are Cat 4.5

take the test if you dont beleive me .. im always accurate when i scale someone

the EMS is in the signature below ..i suggest you to try it
it might help you know where you are

Thanks, but I'll decline, enlightenment is not found from scale test bars or whatever. Do you think we have scale test bars inside us? No we dont, so stop misleading people with such. Thank you.

I will not say I am enlightened, but I am more aware than when I first did this OP. I have found the path to enlightenment is not what we are all fed. It is not love and light. Its not all is one, its actually quite frightening and shocking to wake up.

I feel I must point out that the majority of this thread is beamed from the sandbox, the play box mankind is in. There are a handful of posters in here who post from beyond the prison walls of the matrix box, it is up to you to discern who they are.
edit on 11-10-2010 by Mr Green because: bold

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Whats going on fellas. The main reason i came to this thread was so i can seek guidance. I'm 17 years old and i just wanna know what meditation techniques i should use to become enlightened. I ordinarily do the chakra meditations and also Kudalini Cobra but I'm not positive as to which form will help me reach enlightenment. Should I keep going with the Chakra and Kudalini meditation or try something new?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

How do we know when we've found it, is it like an electric light bulb moment that you just know or is it a slow journey that you eventually arrive at?

There is no end result to enlightenment, we are in a constant state of spiritual evolution.Their is only a recollection of when we began to search for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have a question.. I have schizophrenia.. how do I know if that isn't enlightenment or madness? I wasn't harming anyone, just walking around acting like Jesus which is something that Christians should be doing a bit more anyways.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Enlightenment has 2 seperate meanings:

The Litteral; Enlightenment is the accumulation of knowledge and understanding about specific areas of study until you have a comprehensive understanding of the totality of the subject.

The Spiritual/Philosophical; Enlightenment is the accumulation of knowledge and understanding of YOURSELF, until you are consciously aware of all of your attributes, for good or for ill.

The second definition is the most prevalent usage, actually. It means that you are aware of your strengths and weaknesses to such an extent that they no longer "Color" your perspective of reality.

For example, someone who thinks that they are perfect in all things, will never be able to learn anything new, and will never be able to understand reality to any useful extent, because their own ego is getting in the way of a clear perspective of reality.

Enlightenment is basically nothing more than the ability to see yourself AS YOU ARE, as opposed to how you would LIKE, or WISH to see yourself.

It's about having no illusions about yourself, and how you see the world, removing the filters that your ignorance of self might put over your perspective of reality.

So, in essence, Enlightenment is about Knowing yourself to such an extent that *YOU* don't interfere with your own understanding and comprehension of reality.

You can tell that you are Enlightened, when you are able to consciously see past your own ingrained "Filters of Perspective"; when you are AWARE of how you would subconsciously prefer to see the world, when you are aware of this filter, and yet you can still see past it, knowing that it is not the Truth.

Enlightenment is the Essence of Denying Ignorance, and the most important part, because it is the denial of the ignorance in yourself.

Once you are aware of these filters, and how they work, you can more easily see how it works in others, and speak truths to them that they ALREADY KNOW, but cannot actually "See" because they are getting in the way of their own perceptions of reality.

For some people, enlightenment is the most difficult thing to achieve, because their entire sense of self revolves around false perspectives of themselves, that exist only to satisfy their Ego's.

False beliefs that they require to make themselves feel better about themselves, by seeing attributes in themselves that are not actually there, or seeing no flaws, where glaring flaws actually exist.

Knowing yourself, is about being Honest with yourself, and some people are not strong enough to be that honest about themselves, with themselves.

So they overcompensate, trying to convince everyone around them that they are perfect, superior, whatever... when in reality, they are actually trying to convince themselves.

Impulses, and Instincts are the attributes of animals, genetic behaviours that were ingrained in our genetic structures, they were the things that made life prosperous... but they cannot see more than "What Survives"

They cannot plan, they cannot weigh possibilities, because they know no possibilities.

The essence of being human, is to be intimately AWARE of our own instincts and impulsive drives, and to have the ability to cast them aside, should they be detrimental to our goals, or our clear perspective of reality, or truth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8db3de5b8c3c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 25-7-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: added stuff

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

If you always know where you are and are aware of all that is happening in and around you and there is a gentle okness present no matter what is happening then that is what some call enlightenment.
It really is the liberation from giving a sh1t.
Everything is happening and i stand in the middle of the most amazing 3D, super surround movie with no narration. There is an awareness of the movie and i can choose to lose myself in the dramas and cry with the actors if i please. Each and every situation is veiwed the way i choose to now, it may look like horror or drama but i see it now as mostly comedy. I am amused.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
❤️
Would love to hear how some of my close friends on here are now doing with their paths . Please message me I’d so love to know your all doing well after so long seeking.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Green
There is no path.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
❤️

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Is it possible to find what is aware of these words.......where do you need to go to find it?
😍

edit on 23-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Enlightenment?

Oh hell no.

Not even close. That's an endless road.

I'm not to the point of dissolving my attachment to chaos yet. The worries wrapped up in materialism and survival.

I am still a fixture of debilitating overreactive defects made worse by the core of the adversary within me. Often times leading down paths of self immolation before enlightenment.

An ever present character fault of over bearing eye-for-an-eye tendencies nullifies any claim to removing myself from the suffering of society and the effect I LET others influence have on my life.
edit on 23-7-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
How does a leaf make itself fall from a tree?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Is enlightenment knowing what you did was wrong, knowing right and wrong?
edit on 23-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join