It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gene wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wars like the current at the Gaza strip is about gene supremacy, and not politics. The primitive human subconscious mind suppresses this true motive and makes a false representation of reality to the conscious mind, a false reality may be presented as politics or a conflict over resources. Man is a primitive, and the war in Gaza is no more different then other conflicts in past history where one gene strand tries to exterminate another. In the natural world this fight of the genes usually is beneficial in the long run as the strongest genes survives. Nature is beautiful, but cruel.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I suspect you'll find it more territorial bunker mentality. I remember a very tragic but beautiful story of a Jew (from Scotland) being killed in the violence. He had an organ donor card and his parents (also Jewish) made sure that some of his organs went to Israelis, but others to Paklestinians. It's sad that in that area they cannot see so clearly, but this is not some kind of Uber war, it is about precious resources, tribes and loyalties and outsiders can see this and want to bridge the two. Genetics has nothing to do with this unless you follow Hitler's philosophy.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Resources are needed by the genes, in the case of food resources the ones that can eat more can reproduce more.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
Resources are needed by the genes, in the case of food resources the ones that can eat more can reproduce more.

That's really clever. Suppose your 'blonde hair gene' is that fighting your 'brunette gene?' Not really, it is phenotypes that fight. Genetics is about a random (albeit liklehood in passing on said gene), it is not about 'my genes are different to yours so we must fight.' Dogs are different genes to any of us yet we welcome them into our families. The selfish gene does not think, it reproduces or it does not. There is not one Uber gene that we fight over, we form opinions of people or dogs or cats or goldfish as we do. Resources are needed by phenotypes and anything else is fascist.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Smaller changes in genes are more accepted than larger ones, when there is a great diversity within a gene pool, like with hair color, the genes tend to be more accepting. In small human tribes or villages a blond haired person would have troubles finding a mate if all the other tribe members had black hair.

A wild animal would most likely not welcome you, becuase it does not know humans give food and shelter. A tamed animal would know this, and with food and shelter it is more likely to prosper, which again promises good for its possibilities of reproducing its genes.

Comparing purposed opinions with a socially unaccepted ideology is not productive to a objective discussion.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by redled

Smaller changes in genes are more accepted by the other genes than larger ones, genes prefer that genes are closer to them, when there is a great diversity within a gene pool, like with hair color, the genes tend to be more accepting.

So what is this 'Palestinian Gene?'

A wild animal would most likely not welcome you, becuase it does not know humans give food and shelter. A tamed animal would know this, and with food and shelter it is more likely to prosper, which again promises good for its possibilities of reproducing its genes.

So how did it get tamed?

Comparing purposed opinions with a socially unaccepted ideology is not productive to a objective discussion.

It's all subjective, and you 'objectivise' ideology which is the first step towards either communism or fascism, I don't know your bent.

Phenotype speaks, idiots like you try.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This discussion is obviously emotionally upsetting to you, I wish you good luck, sir.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

This discussion is obviously emotionally upsetting to you, I wish you good luck, sir.

No, the pancreatic gene is selfish, it sustains. It is about phenotypes and they are socialogical in our environment which every gene exists within. I think you are a *snip* that does not understand it is the cumulation of the genes and the environment they interpret. I'm happy for you to think the Jews are genetically seperate from the Palestinians and the rest of us. I disagree, but Hitler agreed.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Redlen, your unprovoced attack at me is unfortunate and I have decided to ignore you because of this, this means that all of your posts are now invisible to me. I have also sent a complaint about you to the forum administrators.

Having another opinion in a topic is not a opening to personal attacks and name calling. Comparing me to nazis, an ideology that killed 11 million people, is not acceptable. I hope you will see the error of your ways, I wish you good luck.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Acharya]

join