It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favourite MODerator?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Pretty simple thread actually!

I had good communication with most mods when required but Byrd and Crakeur stand out!

My personal vote goes for Crakeur !

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I like this thread already!

It's funny one of the 2 mods you mention stands out to me.

I vote for Byrd.

I actually really secretly loathe Byrd for no good reason. lol

This moderator stands out to me.

So vote I do, for Byrd. I see such dedication, and hard work exhibited in the meat of each post, and reply.

I don't have to like them to respect them, and what they bring to the table in their role.

Really not meant as a back handed compliment. Byrd's my favorite Anti-Hero.

Keep up the good work, this site wouldn't be the same without you!

-ADHD

link   

link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Ooh, now this is a hard one!
I will have to make a list and give them all their own fave catagory for me!

...nice staff we have here!
Gotta love them!

Bbl!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've always thought that that watchtherocks guy was pretty good.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I dont kiss up to Mods on ATS

to be honest my only view on Mods are as Members and thats what defines what i think of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

As always, you make a great post! I agree with you. Status insofar as a 'title' goes means little. The value of a members contributions means much more.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There's actually to many good mods to be able to choose just one. I agree with Bodrul & lombozo as well. Mods are members and friends so no vote from me for just one. It's almost like asking who's your favorite member out of too many to count.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That is a "Doozy" of a question, with so many good MOD's here at the ATS forums, one is troubled to choose or single out a "Higher Appealing MOD",
I vote for "All Moderators."
"Even though they haven't asked me to join their little "Clique" yet!!" LOL

So, with out the ability to choose, I present the MOD's of ATS a reward and modest show of my appreciation for them...

"Enjoy MOD's!!"

[edit on 123131p://5974 by Allred5923]

[edit on 123131p://0874 by Allred5923]

[edit on 123131p://5974 by Allred5923]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

There was a thread on this a month or so ago where I listed a bunch of names and why. Although I do have my favorite(s), they pretty much all boil down to the following:

Anyone who:

1). Is nice, approachable, down to earth, and doesn't have ego-issues due to their mod status. Basically, those who remember what it was like to be a member and who treat us with respect instead of throwing their weight around.

2). Doesn't let their personal convictions, beliefs, and biases as a member interfere with their actions while in 'staff mode.' I don't care what anyone believes or how strongly they believe it as long as they don't use that to moderate.

3). Those who use their position to help the members or to chastise them gently when necessary while treating them as adults. Not to rule over them as some intimidating authority figure with a big stick.

4). Has a sense of humor and can be playful but also be able to tighten their belt and be professional when necessary.

5). Those who take the time to respond to U2U's when we have a question or need help. I very rarely reach out for assistance or ask questions and usually only do so as a last resort or with something that is truly bothering me or something that is out of my hands to resolve or fix by myself. So it's nice to actually be heard and answered in the rare event I have an issue.

That's about it. Just be cool, friendly, unbiased, and approachable. Those are my 'favorite mods.'

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

That's about it. Just be cool, friendly, unbiased, and approachable.

I guess I can't please everybody.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

LOL! Oh hush. You're very nice and approachable and have always been helpful, professional, and courteous.

Coincidentally enough, when I typed the following in my post:

"4). Has a sense of humor and can be playful but also be able to tighten their belt and be professional when necessary."

I specifically had you and one other mod (Memory Shock [although several others have this quality as well]) in mind. I've noticed how you can be fun and lighthearted yet put on your 'professional mod hat' in the appropriate situations. IMO, that is the best way to be. It's hard to feel comfortable with someone who is 100% professional and serious all the time while someone who is all fun and games when there is important business to address is totally ineffective.

Disclaimer to Bodrul: Not being a kiss up. I just believe in speaking the truth when it's nice and keeping my mouth shut when it isn't. So that would be classified 'cowardice' instead of 'sycophancy.'

[edit on 1/8/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You're going to ruin my rep.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Asala and benevolent tyrant ftw.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
These are not all encompassing, but off the top of my memory:

Of the ones I've interacted with:
Badge01, Asala, neformore, and DaveRabbit.

Of the ones I've read or seen posts of:
Chrissler, Worldwatcher
Here's why.

Badge01, well, I am very impressed with his thoughtful candor and quick responsiveness. I feel that I could ask a question about forum rules, or nudge him with something I am shy to ask elsewhere-and he would get back to me.

Asala helped me with writer's status (*think* it was her) and is really open to helping new members. She's cheerful. I feel that I could ask a pointer on where to post, or nudge her with a concern-and she would get back to me.

neformore gave me a 'what the hell were you thinking?!?... That's a memory I'll take with me for life. There is more here, but I don't have the words. Thanks for that. Because of this one mod, I am very careful with what I say and write. I escaped the slip of death, but I hadn't realized I had been playing with fire. So he/she is kind of like that sickle that gratefully hangs over my head-proverbally indicating boundries that I am by nature not able to translate by the small print, or by watching others' activities. I should re-access again...

DaveRabbit gives some of the best 'thinkers' and rallies for 'group play'. You know the 'What really pisses you off? (alright alright steams your butt oxs)' and 'whats your DVD?' threads-and has the power to sticky post them. Plus he puts in all this visual and emotive 'eye candy' which really makes it feel like a party. I needed that.

Chrissler has these very thought provoking posts-that I often find out that I can't respond to because of whatever special forum they are on: and yet...I get to run through the mind bend of them and formulate my stance.

Worldwatcher, well I can only say that I haven't picked up cooking, but if I did, she would be the only reason I'd be any good at it.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I like all the mods that haven't warned me, deducted points off me or deleted any of my threads.So that leaves none of them haha.
Nah a couple of mods are deace on here i suppose

top topics

join