It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza will be 'graveyard' for Israeli troops, warns Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Iran is far too cowardly to make any real moves themselves, we all know that.

What is likely is that they will have their lapdogs, Hezbollah attack.

That will, of course, get counter attacked.

Since the Hezbollah are as cowardly as Hamas, they also hide behind civilians.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
They always targeted children, babies, new borns, and pregnant women.

I presume you're talking about Israel here.

Israel has killed more civilians than HAMAS. I think present day conflict it is 600 to 4?

The ironic part is HAMAS has simple mortar rockets and Israel has laser-guided smart bombs.

AAC

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Cowards or tactical? If they were conspicuous they would have big bad USA to deal with.

AAC

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Israel has killed more civilians than HAMAS. I think present day conflict it is 600 to 4?

The ironic part is HAMAS has simple mortar rockets and Israel has laser-guided smart bombs.

That just means it is kind of stupid to start a laser-guided smart bomb war with simple mortar rockets. Kind of like bringing a knife to a gun fight...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Well I have to be honest any loss of life is sad no matter what...........all sides cannot and will not agree, to me that is so, so sad as they (ALL) themselves do not realise the hurt they are causing - because religion is first and upmost but would any God want this.................other than Satan?

[edit on 01/01/2005 by vesta]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Very true. But a fair heart says that all humans are equal and deserving of a beautiful life. That is impossible when your energy, food, medicine, revenue, way of life, and freedoms are dictated by your bitter enemy who surreptitiously stole your land by sinister leverage.

But I am well aware most don't see it this way. But then again, most humans don't presently have fair hearts.

AAC

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Gamer, and Israel has done the same over and over again and are doing it now so what do you call them. And you do know of course that Israel had a hand in forming Hamas don't you, just as your CIA formed Al Qaieda and all those other terrorists groups your nation supports and funds, talk about calling the kettle black. Let he who is without guilt cast the first stone.

Well you just lost all creditability, with the whole CIA Al Qaidea thing. Its obvious you live in a fantasy land. Uggh more bias crap.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy

iran has flying birds which can carry armys in their belly,

Ok

Two can play this game

Big Smoke, From Big Boom from flying Birds that Carry Big Boom Bombs from big flying birds shake ground when they go Boom!

So says Chief Thunder Cheeks

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Very true. But a fair heart says that all humans are equal and deserving of a beautiful life. That is impossible when your energy, food, medicine, revenue, way of life, and freedoms are dictated by your bitter enemy who surreptitiously stole your land by sinister leverage.

But I am well aware most don't see it this way. But then again, most humans don't presently have fair hearts.
AAC

Well that could be true to a point, but what about Egypt that walls up their side of gaza, what about Iran and Syria who supplies weapons of war and propaganda, and not food and supplies. What about Jordan doing nothing for their own people stuck in a eight mile strip of land.

What about the Kurds who want their own country, but are stuck with Iraq just because the Brits and French said it would be that way.

What about Hamas, who would see much more support from Israel and many other countries if they just didn't want to wipe Israel off the map while never stopping their pot shots at them.

You my friend only see it one way...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What is it about Middle Eastern nation's official speakers and consistantly making ridiculous statements that read like flames from a 12 year old playing Dungeons & Dragons online?

Remember this guy:

"Yesterday, we slaughtered them (alliance troops) and we will continue to slaughter them (alliance troops)."

or maybe this gem...

"They will try to enter Baghdad, and I think this is where their graveyard will be."

Sounds familliar, huh? I think maybe it's time for the Iranian speaker of parliament to take off his robe of lame insults and his sandals of +2 repetitiveness, log off the D&D online games, and join the rest of us here in the real world where the IDF is essentially shooting fish in a barrel and have yet to encounter anything even close to an effective resistance, let alone one which could turn Gaza into an Israeli soldier 'graveyard.'

[edit on 5-1-2009 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I think it is a cultural and language difference. They wouldn't say, "Your terminated, asta la vista baby." That is culturally loaded and would sound ridicules if translated directly into another language.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

I think Russia has a score to settle with Israel. Remember that little Israeli sponsored conflict in Georgia. The Bear has a long memory and it will cost Israel. When that happens, there will be people cheering them on.

Wow

I'd sure like to see the evidence of that myself. First I'd ever heard of that one. Please elaborate??? You can't make a statement like that and then not justify it and expect it to be taken seriously.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Gamer, and Israel has done the same over and over again and are doing it now so what do you call them. And you do know of course that Israel had a hand in forming Hamas don't you, just as your CIA formed Al Qaieda and all those other terrorists groups your nation supports and funds, talk about calling the kettle black. Let he who is without guilt cast the first stone.

You should probably back this up with facts. Just saying it doesn't make it real. Give us something to read that says the CIA formed AQ or Israel helped form Hamas. I'm sure the info is on the web if it is true.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by wdkirk]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nothing new here.

Just more ranting of cowards who do nothing for peace.

Remember, this is the country that arms the terrorists with their weapons.

We all know, Iran is far too cowardly to do anything but arm terrorist.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Cowards or tactical? If they were conspicuous they would have big bad USA to deal with.

AAC

The big bad US is in Iraq. Just a hop skip and two aircraft carrier fleets away. (Troop surge to help in Iraq....sure....and let me know when you see Elvis.)---the troop surge thingy is only my opinion.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by wdkirk]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

AAC

Cowards.

They will hide behind civillians, again and get many of them killed and the country distroyed, again.

The only thing the 2 terrorists groups are good for is geting civillians killed.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by masonwatcher

I think Russia has a score to settle with Israel. Remember that little Israeli sponsored conflict in Georgia. The Bear has a long memory and it will cost Israel. When that happens, there will be people cheering them on.

Wow

I'd sure like to see the evidence of that myself. First I'd ever heard of that one. Please elaborate??? You can't make a statement like that and then not justify it and expect it to be taken seriously.

This would seem to completely contradict that statement which appears to be completely wrong.

As Tblisi and Moscow agreed to a cease-fire Tuesday in their five-day conflict over two disputed territories, Russia was still bristling with anger over U.S. policies and statements on the issue. But thanks to Israel’s decision to limit its arms sales to Georgia, the Kremlin had only kind words for Israel, Washington’s closest ally, as the guns of war died down.

“We are appreciative of Israel’s position of not selling offensive weapons to a conflict area,” Russian diplomat Anatoly Yurkov told The Jerusalem Post that day.

On CNN, Vitaly Churkin, Russia’s envoy to the UN, also made a point of praising Israel for “reconsidering its relationship

Perhaps you need different sources?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Don't know if you saw but Iran just said it's going to 'break Isreals Gaza Blockade' they have ships in the med ready - i suppose they're asking russia or the other arab nations for the green light,

I'm not saying this is going to happen, i suspect america would love to invade iran in retaliation - however if russia or china offered to threaten a strike on america if nukes are deployed then maybe iran with the backing of a few other 'terrorists' would feel this is their best hope.

Don't forget America can't afford a big war at the moment, the credit crunch has eaten too much money - how many of those million pound a piece munitions can they really afford to drop?

also remember that in a war oil prices will go through the roof, thus making the oil barons that run America, Russia and the Arab states very rich again - if russia and the arabs had to choose between economic collapse and war with america i bet they choose war with america.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes america does have some planes too, they've only lost a few so far while attacking undefended targets i get the feeling it wont be so easy for them when they attack somewhere like Iran with actual air denial platforms including some of the most advanced fixed SAM technology in the world and of course the x10 units russia gave them which are quite probably the best in the world at chasing away pesky americans.

Then look at your map again, consider just how large Iran is then work out the cost of using the expensive bombs to destroy all the hiding places - deduct that from the total amount of money america has (minus how ever many trillion) - a war would bancrupt america no doubt about it, maybe russia and china might like this idea and offer to 'help' iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join