It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unknown sea creature(s)? Japanese video on myspace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This video popped up as new and of course the video is japanese, so theres not much to gain from it, but it depicts some weird creature or maybe creatures tangled or grouped together. The first few seconds it appears to be illuminated. Could it be a feeding frenzy of some kind of weird creatures?

vids.myspace.com...

i did a quick search to try and find a better source or even youtube but didnt find much. The description is "Bloop" but this obviously isnt it. Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here you go:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
That is a trip...

At first I too thought it may be several 'creatures' bunched together, but I don't know...

Check out this screen shot at 41 seconds:

I'm pretty sure that is NOT an eye on the right, but it tripped me out just the same...

I would cry if that thing was in the same vicinity as me underwater...or even on land!

rrammag edit!

[edit on 12/31/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
is that the japanese show were they try and scare people...?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That is creepy. The whole way it moves is disturbing. It all seems to move independently, yet all working in the same way as a whole, if that even makes sense. And the green thing coming from the top, I dont know if thats part of it as well or something else, but it too moves in its own way to suggest it is some kind of organism.

As for the show, i have no idea. It was just a clip I came across and the poster made no effort to describe anything about it.

[edit on 12/31/0808 by I Am The Influence]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by I Am The Influence

At first I thought it was a manowar

but that thing has tentacles like a squid or an octopus wierd good find.
I wonder if somebody here at ATS will know

[edit on 31-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What ever it is, real or not. Its been around for a while. The time stamp in the video says it is from 1991.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
it says the bloop en.wikipedia.org...

The Bloop is the name given to an ultra-low frequency underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration several times during the summer of 1997. The source of the sound remains unknown.

The sound, traced to somewhere around [show location on an interactive map] 50° S 100° W (South American southwest coast), was detected repeatedly by the Equatorial Pacific Ocean autonomous hydrophone array, which uses U.S. Navy equipment originally designed to detect Soviet submarines. According to the NOAA description, it "rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km." According to scientists who have studied the phenomenon[citation needed] it matches the audio profile of a living creature but there is no known animal that could have produced the sound. If it is an animal, it would have to be, reportedly, much larger than even a Blue Whale, the largest known animal on the earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The original poster tags it as bloop, but seeing as bloop is just a superlow frequency sound from underwater that is in question, im pretty sure this isnt the bloop. They just tagged it something that might make it seem more interesting.

After doing some looking I have come across these images of freak octopi

has 96 tentacles

has 85 tentacles

however in the video it seems difficult to distinguish a head or body.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by I Am The Influence

Those seem pretty close - and that first picture looks like tree roots!

As you mentioned earlier, the green thing coming out the top seems to be a part of it as well...

Evolution on meth..?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Aunt Edna?!

We've been wondering where she went...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think it could be related to a hydropolyp like this one.

This hydrozoan has a long appendage protruding from the bell, similar to the one in the video. These cnidarians are actually specialized, funtional colonies of seperate organims in polyp and medusa stages.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by ListenD]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
THe creature reminds me a lot of a kelp fast. THe roots of kelp sometimes look like this when they are floating in the water. the piece thats greet sticking up off the top of the creature. could be bull kelp or something similar. the bright colored blotches running up it could be the gas sacks that hold the kelp upright. notice it goes straight up like kelp does. so the creature could be a ball of kelp and it's fast floating in the ocean.

There could be something living in it too. could be a combo of what I theorize and a cryptoid.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
looks very similar, although the video shows the tentacles to be much wider and shorter. Also much more dense. Although it does look like it might have some kind of phosphorescence to it like the hydropolyp. Maybe some unknown version?

Also it does appear like kelp, maybe there is some kind of creature(s) that love to feed on kelp? thus creating a giant ball of kelp and creature.

It also says its about 770 either feet or meters down. I dont know much about ocean life, does kelp live at such depths?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is a Siphonophore, google it or look up pictures and videos. There are plenty online. Very interesting stuff in the deep, and someday I'd like to head down in one of those subs to check it out for myself.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
well that solves that. thank you. That is truely a fascinating creature!

Now I cant help but wonder what else is out there that i just am not aware about.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
This is a Siphonophore, google it or look up pictures and videos. There are plenty online. Very interesting stuff in the deep, and someday I'd like to head down in one of those subs to check it out for myself.

That might the genus classification but this is the only one I've found
there are many to look at on google and none seems to really fit this is the closest

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
At first i thought it looke like some type of plant but then you see it push through the water. Weird looking thing, from the way it pushes on the video i'd guess the head is at the bottom, still hard to tell though.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Strange. One thing's for sure I still think the Japanese have hands down the best game shows. They rule. I would not have the guts to film that, just looking at it scared me pretty good.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by lupusyonderboy]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
richarddawkins.net...

he links to the same vid

Here is some terrific video of a bioluminescent deep-sea siphonophore — an eerily fantastic creature that appears to be a single, large organism, but which is actually a colony of numerous individual jellyfish-like animals that behave and function together as a single entity. The individual units, called zooids, all share the same genetic material and each perform a specialized role within the colony. The best-known siphonophore is the poisonous Portuguese Man o’ War (Physalia physalis), which lives at the surface of the ocean, unlike the one shown in this video (filmed at a depth of 770 meters). Some siphonophore species can grow up to 40 meters (130 ft) in length.

also see this:

www.siphonophores.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join