It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The things a man does to impress a woman...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Man Sets Self on Fire During Stunt to Impress date...

www.foxnews.com...

I really don't know who to feel worse for... The guy for having to feel like he had to go through something like this to gain her approval, or the woman for watching what had to seem like a crazy attempt.

It has to make me wonder though..... Did he earn a second date. Well... Afterh e gets out of the hospital at least

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

It is well known that the male is the more flameboyant gender of an animal species.

Jon

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I find being calm and collected (and pissed off sometimes) are what women find most appealing in a man (all about context). They also like STUFF. Did this guy buy into hollywood bs or something when he was thinking about how to impress a woman? Lol, I doubt he gets the second date. If there's one thing worse than an idiot it's a disfigured idiot....kinda sad actually.......

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
reply to post by Jkd Up

It is well known that the male is the more flameboyant gender of an animal species.

Jon

Bravo! Indeed, I'd have to say this prooves it!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
I find being calm and collected (and pissed off sometimes) are what women find most appealing in a man (all about context). They also like STUFF. Did this guy buy into hollywood bs or something when he was thinking about how to impress a woman? Lol, I doubt he gets the second date. If there's one thing worse than an idiot it's a disfigured idiot....kinda sad actually.......

I'd rather have someone hate me for being me than love me on a false pretense.

I know I can't juggle chainsaws and wouldn't try just cos Beyonce wanted me to...

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If a man is comfortable in his own skin he wont need to do anything but be himself.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
If a man is comfortable in his own skin he wont need to do anything but be himself.

Very well said SOLAR! Very well said indeed!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Id juggle chainsaws for beyonce....anyway,yes,crazy..we all know it...woman are just as bad as men in some ways.Mankind as a whole tend to go a bit crazy when they love someone or have a bad crush.Has its good points and bad like anything else i guess.Setting myself on fire wouldn't have been my first choice though admittedly.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He just wanted her to know he was burning with desire for her.
oh, that's bad, sorry

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
He just wanted her to know he was burning with desire for her.
oh, that's bad, sorry

Well... Like the saying goes: If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a day, if you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

They also like STUFF.

Ohhhh what am I missing!? What kind'a STUFF?

I agree with the calm and collected part - that is very appealing - but what's this STUFF you're talking about...

I've had guys do some pretty amazing things to try to *impress* me.
Most of the time it comes off as just that - and - I don't want to be *impressed*...

Most men I've met who try to impress are shallow and plastic when alls said and done.

Plus, if this guy would light himself on fire when he's *impressing* what would he do when he's pissed!

:O

That Flameboyant remark was pretty cute there Voxel.

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Every day due to natural selection thousands are removed from the gene pool deservedly.

While there are some females who are impressed by Jackass type stunts and testosterone induced stupidity....the majority of females I dare say would be more impressed by a guy who could remember their favorite colour as opposed to a guy who can willfully set himself ablaze.

Ultimately we have no control over another person's actions - they choose how they need/want to behave - based on that fact - this guy chose to remove himself from the gene pool.

Feel sorry for him? Not really. I'd feel more for the people left behind to deal with the grief of his stunt.

The girl he was trying to impress likely feels responsible. She may be a deceiving manipulative biotch or not - either way unless she was holding the gas can and a lighter she bears no responsibility for what her genius would be suitor did.

Flameboyant - LMAO nicely punned.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I once got shot out of a Cannon to impress a girl.....She never spoke to me again after i hit her father at 60mph.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
I once got shot out of a Cannon to impress a girl.....She never spoke to me again after i hit her father at 60mph.

Do you have photographic proof? Not for the ATS proof... Just cos I need a good laugh.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
To set himself on fire to impress a girl, she must have really been HOT!

While I have no experience juggling chainsaws, if it would get me in with Salma Hayek, I'd not only juggle chainsaws, but I'd rip the throat out of an alligator, through his butt!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You like your alligators don't you?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I never loved her.... that was my problem lol

Its about understanding and give and take.

I would do anything for my women and why? becouse I would love her to do the same.

took a brokenheart to get that lol

cant live without em "unless you are not of that nature ofc"

same thing tho its all about love and respect.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

The dad had the camera! Needless to say i bought him a new one.....................

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

lol...

omg why am i tempted to search youtube "boy "tries" to
impresses girl" lol!!

brb xD

uk.youtube.com...

sorry i had to LOL!!!!!!

Hope this helps :p

[edit on 28-12-2008 by theresult]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

We have two sayings around here:

"The nearest alligator is always the biggest."

"When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to concentrate on your original goal."

Just wait until you step on one! It's a real exciting few moments!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join