It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 707
<< 704  705  706    708  709  710 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I always like to joke to friends that if Yellowstone ever did go off, and the world was ending, I want to be just like Charlie, front row seat!

It is very interesting that one of the mentioned causes of the warm water is "thermal features", but could just be normal hot weather.

Disclaimer-I do know that the world would probably not end if Yellowstone erupted, was referring to movie 2012.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Latest Update - Number of earthquakes last month was higher than they have been in awhile

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO OBSERVATORY MONTHLY UPDATE
Wednesday, August 1, 2012 12:26 PM MDT (Wednesday, August 1, 2012 18:26 UTC)

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW #1205-01-)
44°25'48" N 110°40'12" W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m)
Current Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
Current Aviation Color Code: GREEN

During the month of July 2012, the University of Utah reports 72 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone National Park region. The largest was a magnitude 2.9 event on July 4 at 09:20 AM MDT, located about 5 miles southwest of West Yellowstone, MT. A swarm of 16 earthquakes was located about 10 miles north of West Yellowstone. The swarm spanned July 24-26 with magnitudes ranging from -0.1 to 2.3.

Yellowstone earthquake activity remains at a relatively low background level.

Slow subsidence of the caldera, which began in early 2010, continues. Current deformation patterns at Yellowstone are well within historical norms.

Please see: www.uusatrg.utah.edu... for a map of GPS stations in the Yellowstone vicinity. For a graph of daily GPS positions at White Lake, within the Yellowstone caldera, please see: pbo.unavco.org...

Source
edit on 3-8-2012 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Anyone staying up late and bored, may want to watch the yellowstone area tonight, some minor activity showing up on GEE isthisthingon.org...

I am going to bed, but have txt alerts on for anything bigger than a 2.5 which there was a 2.9 in the west side of yellowstone park a bit ago.. earthquake.usgs.gov... night night!

A better view of activity in the park... isthisthingon.org...
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Still nothing. As I said. I could take Ron Weinland's place as a prophet. I'm 100% more accurate than he is anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Im just wondering, do you guys think. Yellowstone will erupt? And what will it be like when it does?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthness

The Apocalypse

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Big KaBoomski! End of the world as we know it.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
3.7 folks

the plates are a shiftin..Coata Rica?
now yellowstone..... Oh the suspense

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Historical Seismicity

Info

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lurksoften

Historical Seismicity

Info
I know Hey

Imagine if she went off,,
Start spoutin off like my Ex wife...with a full mouth

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Uh huh....I saw that *gulp*

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What is going on?

I imagine a tour of the geysers

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I would say i have a strange itch about yellowstone in the coming days, after the 6.4 in Alaska today i notice a small earthquake located near the center of the park... just strange to see a lil eq right after a fairly moderate one... Normally i wouldnt post anything, but like i said i have a feeling about something right now there.

www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

well I hope you are correct.. I could used some excitement '
'
You should do something about that itch

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Many times and most of the times there is always some charge in the electronics devices such as mixer or amplifiers and this gives rise to inherent DC offset voltage or current...no ghost sorry
blog.ektel.com.np...

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by raepperle

try this link...

International Handbook of Earthquake and Engineering Seismology

books.google.com... 7k4&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=8&ct=result

The change in input voltage required to produce a zero output voltage when no signal is applied to an amplifier.

DC Offset
DC offset is an imbalance that sometimes occurs in A/D converters (see WFTD archive "A/D Converter"). When working with audio it is desirable to have only the audio program material passed through the signal path. Almost by definition audio, being a periodic waveform, is an AC (Alternating Current) signal. DC (direct current) is of the non alternating or periodic variety and thus has no constructive purpose as part of an audio signal. It is merely a constant voltage that is present which can eat up headroom (see WFTD archive "Headroom") and cause clicks and pops during editing.

DC Offset
DC offset is a measure of the unbalance of the mixer. For an ideal mixer, the DC offset is zero. DC offset defines the IF
voltage output when the mixer is used as a phase detector and only the LO signal is applied, the RF-port is terminated
in 50 ohms.

www.minicircuits.com...

[edit on 1/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If anyone is interested, Yellowstone is gettting a little jiggy right now. I'ts nothing big. Just interesting to watch.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
If anyone is interested, Yellowstone is gettting a little jiggy right now. I'ts nothing big. Just interesting to watch.

Yes...A 2.9 and a 2.6....Both very shallow.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf

Originally posted by crappiekat

Yes...A 2.9 and a 2.6....Both very shallow.

And now another 2.9.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
so just got home after a 5 hr hike and see yellowstone is jumping outta the blue with alot of activity... registering all over the park but seems to be stronger towards the sw area.... on GEE does anyone have a good station to monitor in that area???

so i found the closest st to the activity....little thumb creek ynp EHZ station on gee.... a big one just came in a cpl mins ago... but there are many small ones almost one every 10 secs or so!!

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Another one...2.8. earthquake.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 704  705  706    708  709  710 >>

join