It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Mornin all -

Just getting caught up from Pg. 110 last night and still need more coffee.
Awhile back, someone asked about the fish in the lake. As far as we know, there hasn't been any dieoff due to gasses or temperature yet.

In mentioning this to my buddies who have lived under the shadow of this thing all of their lives, that's the first thing they asked. "Have the the fish died yet?"

If I recall from "supervolcano", that was one of the warning signs that triggered alarm with the scientists. It's been a few years since I watched it, may be time for another view.

Any thoughts on the deep one yet? Normal? Mistype? Indicatory of something?

The most recent rumbles were pretty close to Indian Pond which was the result of a hydrothermal explosion.

I'm leaning towards another one in my mind. Oh no, sounds like speculation
- But with each page I read, hopefully it will at least sound more factually based as my venacular improves.

From what I've read, a hydrothermal explosion might not give the warning signs that a larger, more devistating volcanic eruption would - In which case, there would be no precursory fish die-off. I love visuals, they help me put things into perspective. Here's a visual of Indian Pond - You can get a great perspective of the size of the explosion by looking at the little cars in the parking lot.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Let's cut to the chase:

Here are the questions that need to be answered:

1) Are the earthquakes harmonic?
2) Is there evidence of ground swelling?
3) Have the hydrothermal features of the park shown changes?
4) Is there evidence of gas?

Let's provide the arguments for and against all four.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by meagerhair

That's excellent work! Starred and thank you! Could you have a look at the correlative aspect I mentioned a few minutes ago? Would really appreciate it, because it's not just the very clear increase in flow (when 79 years of stats say it should be dropping by a greater amount than it's actually increasing), it's the pattern of the increase. I'd be grateful for other opinions because I've been on this about 12 hours per day for the last week (less than a lot of members, I know!) and my head is spinning...

Any way to calculate the volume of all that water in sum total? I mean, I know it's doable but if someone can actually give us a figure and see how that could be hypothetically related to the known, existing dome in that lake, it might help to give us a picture of what could be really happening.

Many thanks,

Mike

I think its better to view it like this:
waterdata.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Hey, Didn't we see that line dip before?
Someone I do not remember who,
Highlighted it in yellow.
Is this new or are we being fed a loop?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenandFive

By golly I think your right.

I find it interesting that the scientists are now comming out and saying they are "not concerned, just cautious". What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
That line dip is present on a lot of archived LKWY charts.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned the "pot that boiled the frog" earlier... nice choice of words after reading this.

esciencenews.com...

Biology graduate student Sarah McMenamin spent three summers in a remote area of the park searching for frogs and salamanders in ponds that had been surveyed 15 years ago. Almost everywhere she looked, she found a catastrophic decrease in the population.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The researchers studied climate and water records going back a century, ranging from handwritten logs of water flow in the Lamar River to satellite imagery, and could find no cause for the drying ponds other than a persistent change in temperature and precipitation. "It's the cumulative effects of climate," Hadly said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Could it be more than just "global warming"? Could this be just a side effect of the ground in the park warming up.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenandFive

I believe that is on page 68 by fox.

Not sure what I think of that line honestly.

Im kind of wondering about the missing data. Not that it has not happened before, but it is the same time period that all Zune 30gb mp3 players across the world stopped working. Just strikes me as a little odd.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Seismologists have just started reviewing past earthquakes. This one for example has been revised to 3.1 magnitude. I hope they'll add smaller ones too.

Main link.

[edit on 2009/1/2 by Shirakawa]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mushussu
reply to post by trusername

Hey, Didn't we see that line dip before?
Someone I do not remember who,
Highlighted it in yellow.
Is this new or are we being fed a loop?

Got it
12/31/08 @ 700am black line
01/02/09 @ 700am black line

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

TwiTcHomatic,
There are records of rapidly declining frog populations all over the globe. I wouldn't assume that the Yellowstone die off is related to current seismic activity.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BOTOH

I wasn't assuming anything, it was a question.

Since the researchers from the article can find no evidence for the missing ponds.. THEY assume its just global warming.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can't remember exactly where I got the stills for this animation, but I'm pretty sure it's in Yellowstone as I made it when that Supervolcano stuff started comming out. I had meant to post it a while back and never got around to it, but how can we assume it's going to be a hydrothermal event with recent ground deformations on this scale?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I can't remember exactly where I got the stills for this animation, but I'm pretty sure it's in Yellowstone as I made it when that Supervolcano stuff started comming out.

that looks like MT St. Helens dome building activity to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Isn't that the Mt saint helen's dome?

I know I have seen that side angle view before, but can't remember where.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
For days now I have been reading and researching any updates and related stories and history concerning the quakes of Yellowstone. I am extremely concerned! Last night, I read information regarding "SCALAR WAVES", THE NEW WORLD ORDER AND ILLUMINATI. Of course, you can not believe everything you read; so I stayed up all night researching...If you search the same, I promise you will be as shocked, fearful and angry. When catastrophic events happen, we blame God. But ask yourself-"IS IT POSSIBLE THAT PERSONS WE ENTRUST OUR LIVES TO ARE ACTUALLY USING THE TECHNOLOGY TO "PLAY" GOD and fulfill prophecies? Please do not think I am crazy. I just want persons to realize that things are always what they seem and weneed tobe moreindependent. Independent thinkers and doers. Ignorance is NOT bliss, it can be disastrous. God Bless Us ALL!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

You Know...
Those who would say 'conspiracy'
are the nay sayers, disbelievers or those who would divert attention to deceive.
I know that every volcano has a signature.
I am wondering if when a single volcano gets too large it actually becomes several.

It may be one volcanic site, but what if the system is now too large to support a single volcano theory?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by humanaqurian
reply to post by j2000

Probably because its not as serious as this thread makes out.

I think that if you follow most of this thread, there is no "this is the end of the world" type of talk, but quite a bit of interest in "what will happen".

Some of the previous earthquake threads have been filled with "my dog is running in circles and chasing it's tail" where this thread is much more filled with "well, isn't it interesting that the earthquake swarm is moving North and up...".

Quite a different audience, I do think.

-K

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

I'm trying to find the original files I used for the animation now as I had them labeled with the dates and location, you could be right but I could have sworn it was yellowstone. My apologies if it is, does anybody recognise the location for sure?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

I'm trying to find the original files I used for the animation now as I had them labeled with the dates and location, you could be right but I could have sworn it was yellowstone. My apologies if it is, does anybody recognise the location for sure?

Not 100% sure, but it does look like the MSH crater to me. There aren't any cones like that in yellowstone.

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join