It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Choose To Be Straight?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ok... nice stories and all but... can you people now stop trying to convert others to your side or acting like that gay-thing is something natural please? Because its NOT. It will NEVER BE. Its not normal. Deal with it. I'm not saying I hate gays and they should be all shot or anything, I'm just saying its not something "natural" like you all want the world to face it. Stop trying to impose gayness to normal ppl (not even counting the 90% of you that actually enjoy being a ON-YOUR-FACE gay with all that gay pride crap and kissing and smootching and provoking normal ppl just because you like to shock others).

Conclusion and final notes:

No I dont hate gays. (like I dont hate ppl who eat french fries with ice cream)
Yes I do think its unnatural (like eating french fries with ice cream)
The fact that can be gay animals just proves that even tho we rank the top stupidity charts, inferior beings can be stupid also - nice job on comparing yourselves to apes and pinguins.
Heteros are not as IN-YOUR-FACE as you gay people. They are when they're younger cause its a form of affirmation to society but then they grow some manners and things become natural and they stop acting like "look at me kissing this hot chick like I'm an adult" instead you gay ppl just go down hill from moderate and hidden gays when they're young to blatently old fags who lose any manners or respect for others.
If you have that crappy gay pride, and gay parade, I dont need to have my hetero pride or hetero parade cause... mmm... well... I'm normal. I dont need to be proud of something natural, its like being proud of taking a piss which is ridiculous, and I dont need a hetero parade because I'm normal... I dont need to show society some stupid hetero flag in a parade full of ... well... normal couples. I'm sure ppl would go... "wtf? are these guys idiots?"
And finally...
I dont really care what your likes or dislikes you have, fetiches or whatever, I just care that you bombard young undecided children that being gay is a fashion statement making them want to try that fashion flavor and theres a risk they'll convert solely for your stupid marketing.

Take it to your home. Get real... yes you gay ppl SHOCK other ppl. If I was a racist I would have the minimum of decency to respect the world of liberty we live in and dont really "come out in the open" as a racist cause I, besides my personal belief, have a whole society to respect, a society older than me that deserves respect.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well, here is another part of the equation. Some people may not believe it, but that's fine.

If you think about things in terms of past lives, you could probably see that there could be some confusion, when you take on the form of a sex opposite of a past life. You could carry those urges into the next life.

There is no such thing as a male of female spirit, so technically we can be whatever we want.

I do respect those who aren't afraid to say how they really feel.

But, here is the catch. For life to continue with the human species, you have sex with the opposite sex. Done. Straight people continue the "tree" of life. Homosexuals do not, the branch stops.

Mom said something that was straight to the point today. Mom and dad were talking about homosexuals. Mom said something like, "Don't they realize that they came from somewhere? Common sense should tell them that."

Urges are just urges. Urges do not have to equate to "survival," or something that needs to be done. You could have urges to kill people. Does that mean you have to kill people? Not at all.

This is not hate speech, this is just a wake-up call for those ready to listen. I know what you are going through.

Does this mean that you have to suffer in the closet as a homosexual, pretending to be straight? No. You simply change your desires, and you won't be pretending. Yes, it can be done.

For me, I could have gone either way. I have wandered on both sides of the fence sexually. I have been there, erection hard as a baseball bat kissing a girl, to having sexual relations with guys. So, yes, I know what is possible.

If you think you are trapped in a certain reality because of genetics or upbringing, I think it's time to rethink things. Psychology/Psychiatry has helped make people blind to responsibility. They tell us, "It's not our fault that we kill." "It's not our fault that we are...." "It's our genes, It's our childhood." Baloney!

We have an entire society built on families and relationships. Families and relationships are the glue that holds everything together. We have an order to things, it keeps things together. What happens if we tear apart the family unit and relationships? Such as what is happening these days? Think about it.

Quite simply, you create your future. This isn't about hiding in a closet. So, you have feelings for the same sex? So what. A lot of us do. This is about looking around and realizing how your body is designed and it's purpose. I'm not saying we need to go on a baby making frenzy, because quite honestly this place is getting crowded. But...

You can simply start telling yourself something like, you are only attracted to the opposite sex. And you do this over and over. You are basically "re-inventing" yourself. You can do this with any part of your life you want to change. It may seem tough at times, but I think if you will keep pushing, you will find, it does become who you are, and as such is natural. No closet to hide in any more.

I have been doing something pretty much like this. I have my goals written on paper, I go through the lists over and over. "I am...," "I have...," "Money flows effortlessly...," statements in present tense, as if they are real, right now. I'm starting to revitalize my interest in girls again. It's not like my interest was ever really gone, it just got very confusing in the past. I used to be scared of kids, now I just have a better connection with them. Life doesn't pull me down as easily. Just some of the things that have been happening as a result.

We have gotten so wrapped up in life that we sometimes forget that we are the ones who are in control.

Troy

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Anyway you look at it, if the human population all became gay we would have a massive population reduction, and this is not in natures best interest, so it is hard to argue this is as nature intended.

Oh for crying out loud, how many times will people resort to the "if we were all gay..." argument? No one is making the slightest allusion to the human population "all [becoming] gay". This is one of the most ridiculous comments found in discussions of homosexuality, but remarkably, it makes a frequent appearance.

Yes, it would go against nature for the human population to become unanimously homosexual. But no, this is not what anyone has suggested...in the slightest.

As for the "homosexuals do not procreate" assertion you're maintaining, you have to ignore history and the present day to keep it up. There are mountains of evidence of self-identified homosexuals reproducing through heterosexual behavior. You are conflating the identity, the desire, with the behavior. The two are not necessarily one and are indeed often separate within the same individual. As for non-human species, it is similarly individualistic. Some animals have been found to bond exclusively with individuals of the same gender, never procreating. Others of this group contribute by "adopting" the offspring or eggs of others. Still others show a willingness to copulate and pair-bond with both genders. And the preferences of a great many cannot be gauged, as sexual behavior may not be identifiable as either a pleasurable or dutiful experience of the individual.

[edit on 27/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

andre18
Homosexuality is a result/effect, of being intelligent enough to choose between opposite or same sex partners. We are all born heterosexual due to billions of years of evolution, it’s only after we’re born and introduced to the environment and what we learn from it that we choose what we are or what we want to be.

DantesLost

Are we?
And how do you know that homosexuality hasn't always existed? I couldn't make a claim either way as we have very little information on how people lived millions of years ago.And if we were all born heterosexuals,why then,have gays like me,never experienced attraction to the opposite sex?

Well homosexuality has most likely existed for hundreds of millions of years as long as theirs been heterosexual partners. But that homosexual act is not and cannot be passed on genetically, it would like saying people are born with preferences to bestiality or necrophilia.

We have pheromones, these pheromone are released from our body that can only influence the opposite sex. The main reason why some animals commit homosexual acts is because they are in heat.

A good example are my own two dogs (sisters), when one of them was being fixed she happened to be in heat at the time so for the rest of her life she’s always going to have some level of sexual arousement. So she sometimes humps the other dog, this is not because of some homosexual tendency but because she is literally confused, due to being in heat.

Now of course this isn’t the case for all animals but it is the main reason why some dogs hump people’s legs – are dogs sexually attracted to humans? Of course not.

if we were all born heterosexuals,why then,have gays like me,never experienced attraction to the opposite sex?

For the same reason that some people have preferences to bestiality or necrophilia and because of those preferences they most likely won’t experience the same sexual attraction that heterosexuals do – “its only after we’re born and introduced to the environment and what we learn from it that we choose what we are or what we want to be.”

There are also those who are bisexual but of course no one is born bisexual as no one is born homosexual. It is a choice one makes after they are born. The main reason a homosexual or someone who prefers necrophilia or bestiality prefers that choice and has no heterosexual desire even though it’s been in there genetic code for billions of years is because as I’ve said before, homosexuality as well as necrophilia, bestiality etc is an effect/result of being intelligent enough to choose what sexual desires they prefer.

If you go far back enough in the evolution of animal mating it is just a seasonal activity, there is no choice. An animal is born heterosexual, it’s only when they’ve evolved to the point that they are intelligent enough to choose who or what they mate with – that choice is what we see in homosexuality, necrophilia, bestiality, bisexuality and every other type of sexual preference that’s not heterosexual.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by andre18]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Now now, mistakes, flaws and the like are an essential part of nature. This kind of entropy gives rise to the richness and variety in nature.

I want to thank you for addressing the "bisexuals are just horny" post a few pages back.

I felt I needed to as no one else had at that time.

A friend of mine once said that bisexuals "get it from both sides, and in more than one way", alluding to the criticisms received from both homosexuals and heterosexuals, usually of the bisexuals-are-equal-opportunity-sluts variety.

Tell me about it. It takes so much more explaining.

I find this to be an awkward position to occupy at times, though I'm in no way persuaded to limit my attraction to a single gender.

I take it you are bisexual as well, then.

[edit on 27/12/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

On bisexuality I have only one gripe and that is that society is not open enough to talk about it. That is why I specifically have said elsewhere that there would be no need for men to sneak behind their wives. I think that people should enter relationships with eyes open.

I dated a bisexual guy before and even involved in a threesome with him one time (not for me). He was a very caring individual and was very particular about his company. He's straight up honest though about being bisexual.

I also believe that the actual straight population is much smaller than it appears to be. I would estimate that straight guys are around 10% of the population 80% with varying degrees of bisexuality and about 10% are gay hidden, out or otherwise. This from meeting people throughout the years.

[edit on 27/12/2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

I also believe that the actual straight population is much smaller than it appears to be. I would estimate that straight guys are around 10% of the population 80% with varying degrees of bisexuality and about 10% are gay hidden, out or otherwise. This from meeting people throughout the years.

That's what studies suggest. The trouble is the terminology as it varies from person to person. How close to true bisexual does one need be to consider him/herself bisexual. Most people who are not exclusively heterosexual will be close to it and so will group themselves in with hetero.

The surveys covered on Wiki show that many males have fantasised or even had sex with other males yet still consider themselves strait.

The definitions aren't standardised. There are three terms; Hetero, homo, bi, but they are applied to a spectrum and therein lies the trouble.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Yes of course it would be much better to define one's self instead of what others apply and without a label. I've met the "I slept with a guy when I intoxicated but, I am still straight" types many times.

There are so many variables even within the smaller gay population.

It's like music genre. Once you get past long drawn out descriptions it becomes ridiculous to classify.

[edit on 27/12/2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

To that end however, there is a very approachable scale of sexuality which cuts thought all that taxonomy rubbish.

0 = exclusively homosexual
3 = True bisexuality
6 = exclusively heterosexual

I think considering our culture, most guys sitting between 4-6 would proclaim to be heterosexual.

I'm more around 3.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I am personally starting to lean towards the idea that gays go for eachother mainly because they understand eachother better ..

I'd have to say that this is a perk but it's not why gays go for each other, it's because they are gay.

But on the flipside it's that reason we all tend to make friends of our own gender, it's not going to make you hot for them, but you will enjoy their company.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
the chief purpose of human sexuality, is procreation.

in that sence, anything other than man with woman intercourse is just "getting off"...

**not that i have any problems with just "getting off"...

[edit on 27/12/2008 by Zeus187]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I 'decided' to be straight the day I realised that seeing two blokes shaft each other turned my stomach and made me feel ill.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
lol...

it was not a choice its nature.

if the situation was the opposite we wouldn´t be having this discussion. there were no humans on earth so the natural way is to be straight and not gay.

bisexuality could be even closer to the true nature of the humans than monogamy but since there is always a need for conquest and dispute I find it hard to accept it at least among men.

just a though..

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Here's a paragraph from my third blog entry; originally posted on the (first) MySpace page 6/23/07:

Though most people don't yet realize it, homosexual marriage is strictly a population-specific issue. I don't have a number that would be considered too low to allow gay/lesbian marriages. I leave that to a democratic consensus and/or the higher power to decide. Point is to recogize opposition to it as purely biological; not bigoted. Homosexuals (and bisexuals) must never be persecuted officially or otherwise, since they have equal human rights as contributers to society.

add today: Homosexuality is no more a choice than the weather. Who would choose to be gay with the huge amount of highly ignorant and hostile opposition?

Alright, WTF is it with the viral pop-ups on the link? Try it this way: lightworth-dot-blogger (or Blogspot)-dot-com (no www)

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Lightworth]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Wow!
Talk about an overnight post explosion.lol.
Thanks to everyone for their contribution,even those i don't agree with.

reject

I didn't know I was straight, I just was. Some people even tried to turn me; some still do.

You could just as easily say people didn't choose to be necrophiliac, pedophiliac, or bestial, right?

So,are you agreeing that it isn't a choice for homosexuals

Simplynoone

If men and women ever truly understood each other the world would end.lol.
And all the traits you mentioned are not characteristics of gender but of humans.

Attraction to the opposite sex is what makes you homosexual,not having sex.

JohnMatrix

These men are pedophiles,not gay men.If you would like to know the difference then go back to the OP,there is a link there that will explain.

Thats a modern and twisted view of the word.It originally stood for Good As You,and was used during the protests of the 60's and 70's.

rickyrrr

A very true and very good observation.I think I've agreed with just about everything you have posted on this thread.

InfaRedMan

Which also means he would have to be a complete idiot,wouldn't he?
Coz only an idiot would say i'd rather watch my species die than have unpleasant sex.

VicSage

And you remember that do you?

Dark Love

That doesn't necessarily mean you have gay leanings though.Women can quite happily point out another woman they think is attractive,whereas men cannot do that.I'm a lesbian,but i find many men beautiful.My best friend is the same way.But neither of us have any urge to have anything more than friendship with guys.

toochaos4u

Good point.On page one,I think,I mentioned the Berdache tradition of the Native Indians.I'm sure you'll find that interesting.

The religious who are against homosexuality will answer your first question by saying that thats what God told us to do.For some reason they think that applies to non-believers and those who follow other faiths.

paperplanes

Just noticed your points for ATS is 6666.
Evil,with that little bit extra.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by DantesLost]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

You're a lesbian. Oh yea. Out of curiosity (cos I don't remember seeing it anywhere) from what age did you know that you were a lesbian?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
GRANDWORLDDRAMA

i didnt choose to be straight, i was born straight and was taught to not distort the designed order of things

If sexuality isn't a choice for straight people,then how,and why,is it a choice for homosexuals.Especially those like me,as I've mentioned several times,who have never ever been attracted to the opposite sex?

MilitieTempliSalmo

Ok... nice stories and all but... can you people now stop trying to convert others to your side or acting like that gay-thing is something natural please? Because its NOT. It will NEVER BE. Its not normal. Deal with it. I'm not saying I hate gays and they should be all shot or anything, I'm just saying its not something "natural" like you all want the world to face it. Stop trying to impose gayness to normal ppl (not even counting the 90% of you that actually enjoy being a ON-YOUR-FACE gay with all that gay pride crap and kissing and smootching and provoking normal ppl just because you like to shock others).

You see it as us trying to get people to accept us,i see it as us trying to get people to stop verbally and physically attacking us,discriminating against us,denying us equal rights,using religions that some don't even follow as a weapon against us etc etc etc.I believe all prejudice and discrimination should be fought against,no matter the peoples gender,sexuality,religion,race or creed.

And natural means something that exists in nature.As its been established that homosexuality activity exists in nature,it is therefore natural.

If you have that crappy gay pride, and gay parade, I dont need to have my hetero pride or hetero parade cause... mmm... well... I'm normal. I dont need to be proud of something natural, its like being proud of taking a piss which is ridiculous, and I dont need a hetero parade because I'm normal... I dont need to show society some stupid hetero flag in a parade full of ... well... normal couples. I'm sure ppl would go... "wtf? are these guys idiots?"

Gay Pride isn't just about being gay,its a social event for everybody,they raise money for various different charities and causes,raise awareness of social problems,and its a good excuse to have a lot of fun.But people like you cannot see past the gay men in leather,can you?

cybertroy

But, here is the catch. For life to continue with the human species, you have sex with the opposite sex. Done. Straight people continue the "tree" of life. Homosexuals do not, the branch stops.

One more with feeling.
As long as both sexes exist there will be procreation.Is that so difficult for people to grasp.

andre18

For the same reason that some people have preferences to bestiality or necrophilia and because of those preferences they most likely won’t experience the same sexual attraction that heterosexuals do – “its only after we’re born and introduced to the environment and what we learn from it that we choose what we are or what we want to be.”

Amazing how the word homosexuality can be quickly followed by bestiality and necrophilia.I wonder how many people have sat and thought to themselves,'well,I think I'll shag the neighbours dog today.'

What you are failing to understand is that i did not choose,I do not have a preference for females.At the age of sexual awakening my first attraction was to girls,and it always has been.How can i make a choice when I have never been attracted to the opposite sex?

The main reason a homosexual or someone who prefers necrophilia or bestiality prefers that choice and has no heterosexual desire even though it’s been in there genetic code for billions of years is because as I’ve said before, homosexuality as well as necrophilia, bestiality etc is an effect/result of being intelligent enough to choose what sexual desires they prefer.

I'd be sorry for laughing,but thats all such a statement is worth.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What a baffling thread. Why are males and females of species attracted to one another? I dunno.. perhaps to perpetuate the species? Because if they did not, entire species would be eradicated? It's simple evolution and nature.

I've had gay friends, and lived with a lesbian couple for a couple years, so I've nothing against those lean that way. I do not feel it is 'natural,' however, because if it were, it could lead to the loss of the human species. Natural is what causes a species to continue to survive. Since same-sex cannot naturally produce children, I'd have to say no... it's not natural. But each to their own.

I don't care if you feel you were born that way, you grew to be that way, or even that you ARE that way. I've all the gay people I've known, the ones I always got along with are those who quietly enjoyed their lifestyles choices, and didn't see a need to wave it in front of my face. You are gay? Cool. You are gay and want to make a point of it repeatedly? Get out of my face please.

When I served in San Francisco, I had a couple civilians that worked in my office. One was cool and laid back. I'd go to his and his BFs place, and we'd watch football on weekends or go shoot darts, it was all good. Then there was another guy who continually made comments that if it were a guy to a girl, would be considered sexual harassment, and made it a point to say OMG I'M GAY on a daily basis in different ways. I wanted to punch that guy in the face.

I could care less why you feel you are gay, and I'm baffled why you are curious why I am not gay. Why do you care?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I started liking girls when I was, like, 5 years old. Of course, that's just me. I was also good friends with a few girls when I was younger (-11).

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join