It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't I Walk Around Naked?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Bro, and maybe we can all work to better ourselves and money has no value?

Being naked can be suitable when we evolve into something better than what we are now, but for this day in age. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE!!!!

maybe in 3020

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
73% of sexual assaults were perpetrated by a non-stranger.

And 27% are committed by total strangers. Studies have shown rapists DO often target their victims based on clothing. High heels restrict the victims mobility (can't run, fight as easily). Long hair is easy to grab and use for control. Short skirts (or any skirts really) provide much easier/fast access compared to jeans.

Clothing matters.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

spoken like a true investigator. Thank you Sonya

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
We all can't look as beautiful as you do.

If you don't want to see a big person walk around naked then don't look simple as that.

What a arrogant remark.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Will you people get real...

there is nothing wrong with anyone's naked body
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and being comfortable with others that are naked would mean to have the same mindset.

But...common sense will dictate that we need clothes.

If your body is openly exposed all the time, ESPECIALLY your feet, you are going to be exposed to much more bacteria floating around. Go ahead and sit down on anything outside naked - its not comfortable. We want and need clothes, for warmth, comfort and protection.

As much as I agree that there is nothing wrong with being naked, I disagree that anyone would truly want this in comparison.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Juveous - my eye says your beautiful... (no homo)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Syntaxstealth

Just so you know, I am not a Bro, I am a sis

second line

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Eww thinking about it,where do you suppose you would put your wallet and your keys?sounds mighty uncomfortable to me

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Perhaps the reason why it isnt allowed and illegal is because of something called "civilized society", where as us humans have evolved from the caveman/cavewoman days of wearing little to nothing at all, to the modern day and age of fast food, fast cars, and fast satisfaction.

Wouldnt matter to me if a bunch of people want to run around in their birthday suits. It should be a choice IMO. But perhaps sometimes having the freedom to choose may not be the best choice for the overall good.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

We can't be naked because we will all rape each other...

What a sad situation.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

We can't be naked because we will all rape each other...

What a sad situation.

yes sad day indeed. is this the mentality that we have been reduced to? that people can't walk around comfortably because of sickos.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
dude seriously

with all the things wrong with human society and you wanna waste our time complaining about Cloths? which we developed roughly 150,000 years ago because it was COLD and we needed warmth?

cloths actually serve a purpose, unlike the Govt

i just dont see the point of the arguement

idk maybe "going nude" is sorta like a "look at me" kinda self-centered egotistical type thing

a good solution would be "get over yourself"

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Because, way back when humanity was just learning how to sew, we decided that wearing clothes would be practical, since it would keep us warm, what with our lack of fur and such. After metric f**ktons of years, clothing became deeply ingrained into our universal culture, and so we still do it because not doing so will go against our culture. The reaction in people is that "OH that's so wrong and nasty, ew ew", which is again a cultural thing. I think. And us humans have a track record for not being tolerant for other cultures, so that's why.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

The reason for us not being able to go around naked is because most people are just so damn ugly!! Would you really want to see the majority of the population (overweight, elderly, etc.) naked? It would turn me off sex forever!!! When you hide the human body it is more of a turn on.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

This was the point I was trying to make. I'm not saying it's entirely ideal for walking along a dirty street or sitting on a splintery park bench. But I really think that with everyone walking around naked it wouldn't be so shocking and because everyone is doing it, it wouldn't be "oh you're naked, I'm aroused".

I think you would then have to have an actual personality when you spoke to people.

Abortions, pregnancies and rape wouldn't be at an all time high. The thing about "decency" is that it can be warped to mean whatever you want it to mean. In other countries, the things we keep taboo baffle the hell out of people.

Honestly, I think people started wearing clothes to protect themselves from the cold and it's gradually changed from that over time; and, in my opinion, taken a little too far. I know about the bacteria, but if you want to run around naked, go ahead. It should be your choice.

And PS: My daughter wouldn't be pregnant at fifteen because she would know what a naked male looks like, so it wouldn't have the taboo allure, and she would also know about proper birth control methods and the consequences of not using it.

It's the hiding of this knowledge that I think really raises the rate of teen pregnancy. I know the area I live in now wasn't teaching the kids my brother's age about the existence of condoms. Keeping all this stuff taboo or under wraps leaves children unprepared and without proper knowledge.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

yes i agree, the reason kids are having sex is because they are told not to. same goes for alot of thing. if people were used to seeing naked bodies all the time rape wouldnt increase and neither would pregnancy

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Only 'One' word....well, actually, quite a few here, but I'm focusing on a word in your OP....and that word is.....'your'....

It is noticed in your OP as a homophone, the pronoun 'your' as compared to the compound that you should have written, the two words 'you' and 'are'...a pronoun and a verb, in order to make the sentence make sense.

It is known as a 'contraction'....the two words 'you' and 'are' contracted into what is known is a 'compound'....but sounds eerily similar to the pronoun word 'your'....(I blame the terrible School System, of late...)

Nevertheless, back to topic...Why can't you walk around naked?

Well, if that is your bag, then join a Nudist group. NOT everyone wishes to see EVERYONE naked....only certain people should be viewed unclothed, people such as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie....no, I take that back!!! ONLY THEY should be allowed to see each other naked, in private....

Don't get me wrong, I';m not taking a stance either way on Nudists...I just happen to be on the 'fringe' and like to find cool clothes to wear to enhance my appearance....since I'd likely cause anyone who saw me naked to lose his lunch......

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You can consistantly walk around in the buff, as long as you keep paying the fines..

but after 3 or 4 such fines, you will be put into a psychological observation program to pin point just which screw-is-loose...

go get your jollies at a nudist colony, they all welcome each other.

as far as the human body being shown off in it's 'beautiful natural state'...
i would argue that 98% of people would not be pleasant or enjoyable to see in the buff. But those other 2% would have no rest...as all us other grotesque physiques with a unrealistic self image would be bugging the heck out of the good looking nudists.

hey, this verbal exchange is not completely useless...
your generating an image of yourself

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

But don't you see that that's just silly? There shouldn't be fines or "psychological observation programs". Nudity is not an indicator of a "loose screw" and I think the argument that people are making about (some percentage) of the population being "undesireable to look at" is indicitive of the shallow nature resting in many people today.

It's it supposed to be the inside that matters?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join