It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally Uplifting Videos/Poems/Anecdotes - Make Somebody's Day!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This one's for upbeat, feel-good materials only.

Pessimistic, misery-mash doom & gloom excluded & henceforth not to be mentioned.

Want to be cheered? Blessed? Reach cloud 9? Enjoy what's here (& perhaps post something for the next poor soul who's had a hard day at the office).

Click here to see what goes on inside a human cell!

Happy Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to you too, P4T! Loved the first video. Hysterical they were banned and had to get sigs to do it again. The 2nd video is great. My mother emailed me that a few months ago then someone recently left it on my profile here. Will get to the others soon. Very uplifting. It's so refreshing to see there are still good people left.

[edit on 12/24/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thank you, certainly cheered me up and spread a little hope and enjoyment.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Awesome videos ...MERRY CHRISTMAS and thank you so much for sharing those ...
LOVED THE HUGS video ...and the lion one ...
I can see me in the hugs video lol ....I hug everyone .LOVE IS SO AWESOME ..

Love you and GOD BLESS YOU ....

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thanks P4T... Merry Christmas everyone.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Very nice presentation, BW. It's so revealing what you can see if you look carefully at those old masters. Check out the Hi5 at 3:56 - "Yeah, jus luv du mur, bruvva!"

Seeing as there's no way I can out-tradition you, how about this for a 21st century celebration:

Still not tapping those feet?

And finally, in a spirit of goodwill towards people of other faiths, a video produced by a Pakistani group to get across the message that the vast majority of ordinary Muslims no more support terrorism than you or I:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Merry Christmas PFT and Thank You for putting a smile on my face today. The lion video is so heart warming it reminds me of this one.

And of course I can't forget this one.

Thanks again PFT.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I prefer things simple:

While arguable it doesn't have much to do with my beliefs, that song automatically makes me grin ear to ear every time I hear it.
(Best heard live in a large booming hall
)

And for something a little different:

And another song that makes me happy...I'm probably the worst person to do a translation since I barely get the words myself, but here is my attempt:

There is Someone,
Running the macrocosm,
And that is God.

He is not visible,
But makes Himself apparent,
And that is God.

He takes care of us,
And sparks that unrealised part of human nature,
And that is God.

Don't try finding him in idols,
He is in the changing nights.
Who changes night to day and day to night,
And that is God.

There is Someone running the macrocosm,
And that is God.
Not visible, but makes Himself apparent,
And that is God.

(Please don't kill me for butchering the words!
)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Best Clip of this year that brought a smile to my face

cool songs

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

While arguably it doesn't have much to do with my beliefs, that song [O Christmas Tree] automatically makes me grin ear to ear every time I hear it.

No worries, babloyi - it has nothing to do with Christian beliefs, either, but we still enjoy it, schmalz and all!

As for your second song: nice voice, reflective words. If only we took more time to understand different cultures instead of falling prey to the fear-mongers.

PS I like the image it conjured up when you said you grinned from ear to ear!

reply to post by Solarskye

My pleasure. And thankyou! I hadn't seen that first video. They say seeing is believing, but I can still hardly believe it! For what it's worth, I reckon that's how this world was always meant to be (& will be one day!)

As to the second, thanks once again. I came across the story a couple of years ago & was very moved. (I'm ashamed to admit I'd forgotten it.) Anyway, it's so totally inspiring that I think it deserves a second mention:

Sometimes the greatest adversity opens the door to the greatest blessing.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

O_O....it is somewhat disturbing that shmalz can mean both "exaggerated sentimentalism, as in music or soap operas" as well as "fat or grease, esp. of a chicken".

But I guess it fits

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Sorry - it wasn't meant to be a negative comment, more a tongue-in-cheek wink at what the original writer of the song created: a summary of all those feelings we get at Christmas without quite knowing what all the traditions really mean (well I don't, anyway). At the end of the day the song is a Christmas classic. It came on the radio last night as I was parking the car. I admit to sitting in a cold car for about 3-4 minutes so I could hear it through to the end! So thanks for posting it here this morning.

Second thoughts: it was probably just the 'fat/grease of a chicken' that got you worried.

Yep, both definitions fit the season!

reply to post by bodrul

1st video: Did you see how all the reporters crowded round the guy to shake his hand when he'd finished? Awesome.

2nd video: song of peace. Very uplifting!

3rd video: super smooth.

Thanks for the post!

[edit on 26/12/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I'm only going to ask this once.

Have you heard?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I-I-I-I I'm speechless. Utterly speechless for the first time in my life.

I don't think I'll even post a reply - I'm so lost for words. Somebody phone my doctor. Somebody phone my lawyer. 'Mother!'

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

So I take it that you had not heard...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Pause, Great vid's...

Also thank you for the U2U on the Christian Nation thread...

OT needed a lil' levity!!!

God bless and happy new year!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I ended up at YouTube re-watching the Canon Rock video

spent A LOT of time there - there's a competition between several guitarists - all doing Pacabel

totally worth it

thanks for a great thread :-)

[edit on 12/27/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Hi there. I daren't ask what your screen-name means - I get this sense of ominous foreboding even thinking about it. It doesn't mean you're a member of some dire secret society of grave-snatchers does it?

So glad you liked the guitar solo. I was wondering whether someone might pick up on it. And you've caught me out: I too got sucked into watching the impromptu 'Who does it best?' competition, accompanied by hugely partisan comments at the bottom of each video. There's something inherently mesmerizing about it.

And then I came across the clip that shows the guy in the above video being interviewed live on TV. Turns out he's a 13-yr old Chinese kid, who, if I remember correctly, had only been playing for about a year. All I can say is he must be one truly evil kid to have been 'grounded' by his parents for that long. Seems he made the best of it, though...

Time for some more foot-tapping wizardry. Something presented with a little less panache, but which nevertheless never fails to lift my spirit (played entirely by the one and only, the redoubtable Mike Oldfield:

Such a descriptive piece of music. I can't begin to tell you what visions of joy it brings to my soul...

And I warn you - play it twice and you won't get it out of your head all day!

(You were warned.)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

numa numa still brings a smile to my face.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Schrodinger, doesn't everybody know that the bird is, indeed, the word?

Why, scientists have even proved that the bird is greater than or equal to the word!

Edit, looks like SD's link isn't working anymore. Here's a teeny snippet that's still available

[edit on 12/30/2008 by CeltAngel]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join