It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea says South seeking war, threatens "sea of fire"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

NKorea says South seeking war, threatens "sea of fire"

www.google.com

10 hours ago

SEOUL (AFP) — North Korea accused South Korea Tuesday of trying to provoke another war and threatened to turn its neighbour into "a sea of fire" in response to any attack.

A senior military official, echoing threats made in late October, said the "slightest moves" by US and South Korean forces towards a pre-emptive strike would be countered with a "more rapid and powerful advanced pre-emptive strike."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Submit General News

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As I'm reading article I get to the part were it says that the North will retaliate with a force "unimaginably more powerful than nuclear weapons."

Anybody get this?? Is there such a force that we know of??

Is this more posturing by the North or are they really showing their teeth??
It seems that every other day I read someone over there bitching about this or that.
I'm wondering when the time is going to come that the international community is finally going to crack down on them.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This has been going on for years and years, the north Koreans want aid so the threaten war and the international community gives it to them to shut them up...it's nothing new they will always resort to this tactic as it has worked so many times for them in the past.And if that does not work then we'll send out these guys

[edit on 24-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

I think the international community is still waiting on them to simply fizzle out of existence. It is a much easier solution than trying to use force on them. Like it or not, they have the upper hand militarily. Not due to superior forces, but a strategic advantage. They have enough artillery dug into the mountains on the border to effectively wipe Seoul off of the map. That is their "ace in the hole", "reign of fire"...etc. A nuke would cause damage, but the amount of artillery that they would launch would be much more devastating than a single nuke. The kicker is that the artillery is so deep in the mountains, that we can't really preemptively take it out without leveling the mountains and that isn't going to happen.

That is why we kind of let them do whatever they want, so long as it doesn't hurt any other countries.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

I remembered the words sea of fire and I just want to point out that they have tried this before withthis which North Korea said back in 99, or this from 05, or even this stunt we are hearing about now.

On the Korean military. Their artillery which is one of their biggest factors is so old that it might not even work. I worked with artillery in the US military and I would find it hard for a country like Korea to even hit a target. I believe the sea of fire they are referring to is them trying to hit a target.

I'm can't give any information away but I just want to say that it is harder than you would think to launch a 98lb bomb through the air and have it hit where you want it to.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well one clue:

It would "not merely turn everything into a sea of fire but reduce everything treacherous and anti-reunification to debris and build an independent reunified country on it."

So at least if NK is planning on rebuilding SK, nuclear half life doesn't seem to fit into his equation. Because obviously using nuclear weapons would negate any attempts to rebuild for a long, long time.

Unless of course they have developed something like a neutron bomb. But that doesn't fit with his description either, seeing as a neutron bomb reportedly affects infrastructure very little but kills most things living.

It should be noted that black budgets are not uniquely American. Other countries have the ability to develop secret weapons of their own, and by now, it is very possible weapon technology exists that is both devastating beyond nuclear weapons and remains secret.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sounds to me like it was more of a propaganda message to the people of North Korea, rather than intended to be an actual threat to South Korea.

Really, more powerful than nuclear weapons? That's not a realistic quote, that sounds like something you say in anger to rouse a group of people to love you through admiration and fear.

Now, what I would like to know is what are these "persuasions" that South Korea and the US are supposedly guilty of?

There's more to this story than we're being told. Somebody is guilty of something... somebody we're supposed to trust.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Particle cannon activated...

Anyone remember Command and Conquer?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well basically I was calling BS on North Korea being able to do anything. Everything except what Karl was saying about their artillery. They are most likely not going to be able to hit their targets but with the amount that they can fire I don't know if it matters.

When I was stationed in Korea we referred to my camp as a speed bump to slow north Korea down as they attacked. See, the US air force is down south and in the event of an attack we would would them off until the air force had time to get there.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I'm wondering when the time is going to come that the international community is finally going to crack down on them.

When Donkeys fly or when hell freezes over. Take your pick.

As long as the US is on the scene, the world could care less what North Korea is doing. It is an American problem.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Thanks for your reply.

I love the Team America Avi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeya!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Hey Karl, good morning.

I've never heard of the artillery angle before. I mean I have, but not dug so deep in a mountain that it is unreachable.

So that is the "Reign of Fire", huh. OK, that takes care of that. Learn something new every day.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The Korean War never ended - no peace treaty was signed. I believe this is the longest war in history and ceasefire too.

However, Kim Jong Il is merely sabre-rattling again.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
We havent even seen kim jong for a while...i think his stroke was more severe than they claim,maybe hes in a coma...anyway sabre rattling as usual,south korea is more than capable of dealing with north korea...but they dont want the north korean populace to go through even more crap than they already are...they know this is propaganda,they will shrug it off.

new topics

top topics

join