It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madoff has been found dead from suicide. Hmmmm....really??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I just heard on CNBC that Madoff has been found dead in his apartment of a suicide.

Sleeping pills and slitting his writsts. Hmmm....those are generally female ways of committing suicide, eh? I have always heard that if men commit suicide, they are more apt to use a gun. Women are more apt to swallow pills and slit their wrists.

Now, the reason this is interesting is that yesterday, I read an editorial that theorized that Madoff was not running a Ponzi scheme, but rather, he admitted that he was so his investors would be able to recoup losses from the government.

Do you think it was really suicide, or was he killed after admitting to a scheme that he did not really commit?

Maybe he was forced to admit he did something he did not, and when people found out about this, the conspiracy was going to come to light, so they killed him.

Whoever "they" are.

Another reason I find this interesting is because I just posted another thread this morning, speculating on the bailout actually being a giant ransom.

I wonder if they are connected???

[edit on 23-12-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It was not Madoff that was found dead, it was one of his investors.

Here is a link from ABC News

A well-respected French investment fund manager who put at least $1.4 billion of his client's money - and perhaps much or all of his own wealth - in the hands of alleged Ponzi scheme operator Bernard Madoff appears to have committed suicide in his Manhattan office according to police officials.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think it was a Madoff investor who committed sucide and not Madoff himself. The AP wire identified the man as Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet.

Link

Edit: beat me to it

[edit on 23-12-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Madoff investor found dead, possible suicide
Founder of hedge fund discovered dead at his Manhattan office. NEW YORK - The founder of an investment fund that lost millions with Bernard Madoff was found dead Tuesday at his Madison Avenue office of a possible suicide, authorities said. Is this what you are refering to? If it is , you should maybe read the story. As far as I know Bernie is alive and doing fine. Scum like this would never take the easy way out. Because in his mind he has not done anything wrong. But I would bet you that Bernie is nowhere near broke although his clients probably are.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow, it took a while but here we have the first publicized suicide due to the financial meltdown.

Not quite greedy bankers jumping from windows, but maybe that's tomorrow?

Sad that some people think life starts and ends with money.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I am wondering how this man could slit both wrists. From what I've heard, that is quite a feat. Slitting the first wrist generally disables it; to cut deep enough to get the artery requires cutting through the tendons and ligaments that control use of the hand. To be able to use that hand to hold a box cutter and slit the other wrist would be difficult, if not impossible, from what I understand.

The sleeping pills might have been used to render the man unconscious, but it is possible, in my mind, that someone else slit his wrists to make it look like a suicide.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
The sleeping pills might have been used to render the man unconscious, but it is possible, in my mind, that someone else slit his wrists to make it look like a suicide.

If this guy ran a hedge fund, perhaps it was an investor of his who was unhappy with the "management" of that particular client's money.

That's how Tony Soprano would take care of it, if you get my drift. .

[edit on 12/23/2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh sweet providence! Should have been Madoff himself. He hasn't the bollocks to do the right thing(hurl himself from his Madison Avenue office). Maybe one of his investors with some cajones, instead of doing the chicken-s**t escape, will help Mr. Madoff out of his window.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Also wouldn't sleeping pills slow down the rate at which the body would bleed out? Usually wrist cutting suicides take aspirin to help thin the blood so they bleed out quicker.

But hey the idiot public won't know any better. Good thing for criminals that men are so stupid.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I am wondering how this man could slit both wrists. From what I've heard, that is quite a feat. Slitting the first wrist generally disables it; to cut deep enough to get the artery requires cutting through the tendons and ligaments that control use of the hand. To be able to use that hand to hold a box cutter and slit the other wrist would be difficult, if not impossible, from what I understand.

Are we jumping to conclusions? I have yet to see anything that says he slit both wrist. I have not seen anything that said he slit his wrist at all. All I have seen reported is that he is dead in an apparent suicide and the M.E. has not ruled on the actual cause of death. That was from the link I provided in my post about 20 mins ago. If you have a source that describes what you are referring to, please provide it.

I'm not saying there is nothing to this, but I don't jump to conclusions, I look at the evidence.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Really? Because I heard CNBC say that they have confirmed that it is Bernie Madoff.

They got their story wrong.

I didn't read it.....I heard it on TV. I distinctly heard them say they confirmed it. Maybe the newscaster read it wrong. Or maybe I heard it wrong.

I'm really sorry for the false alarm. Next time I'll make sure to get two sources first before I post.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Although the results of an autopsy are not expected to be available until late Wednesday morning, sources told NBC news that De la Villehuchet's body was found sitting at his desk in his office. Both of his wrists were slit. A boxcutter and sleeping pills were found nearby.

509 Madison Avenue in New York, where Access International Advisors has its offices and where De la Villehuchet was found.
Police suspect he took the sleeping pills and then slit his wrists, but a toxicology report will need to be completed to confirm those suspicions.

www.cnbc.com...

[edit on 12/23/2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I am wondering how this man could slit both wrists. From what I've heard, that is quite a feat. Slitting the first wrist generally disables it; to cut deep enough to get the artery requires cutting through the tendons and ligaments that control use of the hand.

I don't think it is that difficult. It typically takes a while, often hours, and the blood coagulating would be an issue (warm bath would help), but it is certainly doable.

But if he was going to O.D. on sleeping pills I don't see the need for both, that is a bit masochistic. Sleeping pills and a plastic bag would have been surefire and painless.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Thanks for the link. Right off the bat I do wonder how accurate the source might be considering that according to the OP CNBC reported it was Madoff to begin with? Who are their sources?

Assuming they got it right... taking pills and cutting the wrist are typically female methods of suicide. Men usually use more violent methods such as hanging or shooting. That fact alone makes the scene a little suspect. What really bugs me is the why. Nothing I have seen would indicate the man was financially ruined, so why?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Actually if you slice not across but directly down the center into the artery you don't hit most the nerves.

Most people cut across and is why they don't die. By going up and down you pretty much ensure your death if no ones near by, by butting a long slit into the artery.

Sleeping pills are kind of odd, maybe he just takes them on a normal basis and is why they are found there.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Doesn't sound like a conspiracy, unless the janitors were in on the plot...

He grew increasingly subdued after the Madoff scandal broke, drawing suspicion among janitors at his office Monday night when he demanded that they be out of there by 7 p.m. Less than 13 hours later, his body was found.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Now here is a GREAT example!

All of the people who watched CNBC and heard them report that Madoff had taken his own life, will soon see him in some other report actually alive and they will come here and post on this forum how they could have sworn that Madoff had killed himself and now he is alive which could only mean one thing.....

They have experienced a time line switch or, whatever it is such are claiming!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So, is he dead or not?

If he's not, why is this thread's title still saying he is?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You don't have to cut through tendons to hit the artery. I know someone that cut their wrist up, and didn't cut deep, but nicked the artery. Didn't cut through any tendons or nerves at all. They said blood was spurting and pulsing in time with the artery in their wrist. But since it was just nicked the major bleeding stopped pretty quickly.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So is he dead or not?

Or are both dead?

Anybody find out yet?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join