It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What aren't we being told about Scientology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So, I have been researching scientology a lot recently. I must say, it is rather interesting to me, outside of the whole "alien spirits controlling our minds" thing. I have prior experience in attempts at astral projection and other things related to meditation, and it seems to actually have some points of parallel, but I digress....

The main reason I wanted to start this thread is to ask if I missing anything here. The whole thing truly does seem like a huuuuuge scam of epic proportions. People on their deathbeds denounce their faith in scientology in growing numbers.

So why is it SO big? I mean, I don't understand how these seemingly intelligent people fall for obvious sales tactics. Jack Black, Tom Cruise, Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Lee, Beck, and the list grows exponentially. Another thing, is that all these people are ridiculously wealthy. I have always thought that people with higher than average income sometimes get the chance to hear some little known world secrets now and then. I mean, look at how long some of these people live given their lifestyle, and it doesn't make sense. They obviously get medical support far beyond what we are privy to. I think they also probably get chances to join smaller secret societies in which they learn about some world information. But I am babbling now.

Basically, why do these people fall for it? I won't let myself believe that they're just idiots and spend frivolously. I also think they must have more faith religiously.

Or maybe some of them just practice scientology as a set of good life choices and not really a faith?

I mean, all the research I've done, and I just don't get it. I even got to see the "levels" of scientology, and they seem alright I guess, but no one can actually believe it, right? Even though I've seen a lot of their secretive documentation, I'm not buying.

Then again, maybe I'm just as stupid. Who am I to question someone who believes in Xenu and mental hypnosis if I believe in little grey men in space and astral projection?

I see links to Hinduism, and other eastern religions, but I just don't see Scientology as being compatible with any religion, even though they say it does.

So, does anyone know what I'm missing?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Just remember this:

In the 50's L. Ron Hubbard said...

If you want to be rich Invent a religion..

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Here's some interesting information for you:

www.xenu.net...

You should also research into their "Fair Game" Policy... (might be covered in the site I linked... I can't remember).

Scientology is more than it seems.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

It's a reflection religion. There are "True" religions that strive to reach the upmost highs of understanding through understanding that there is a master creator God who is in control over all things. It is this God that we know of as our father. This is the same governmental force that controls over all creation. In that understanding there was a rebellion against the over control of the God head in our local part of the creation. This would be the "fallen angels" and what not.

The Scientology teachings are based on that there is a "powerful overlord", a negitive representation of God the father, that has put creatures/souls/personality here for whatever.

Scientology is a real, negitively based, religion centered around the illusion of the flesh over the accent of the spirit/soul. It could be seen as the perspective of the fallen creatures that are deevolving spiritually. However this is not saying that those who study are doomed, as religion is a personal thing, and each being projects upon a given set of rules that which is within them. Saying everyone that is into scientology is doomed is the same as saying everyone that is into christianity is saved. It's a false belief blanketed term. The only religion that matters to you is your personal understandings of your union with our father.

Do you like truth? Do you like God? Do you like Aliens? Then you're looking for the Urantia papers.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ever since joining ATS, I have been surprised that there are not more threads on Scientology. Perhaps some are a little scared of their litigious nature? I think the reason people fall for it is that they are slowly indoctrinated. The 'church' doesn't act upfront and say, 'We need all your money, and you have to believe in aliens'. From what I've read money is slowly bleed from supporters, and the 'auditing sessions' act almost like hypnosis. I still don't get how anyone can believe that a science fiction writer who was a proven fraud can be the messiah. For me the thing that really separates this 'religion' from others is that you have to pay. You can go to any other church and hear a sermon for free, but not in Scientology. I look forward to reading what other members think of these folks.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They use known brainwashing techniques to control their subjects.
People end up in vast debt because they are told that they are "so close" to moving along the "bridge", then they reach a point where if they can't pay, they work for the cause recruiting others and running the camps in exchange for spiritual services.

They also use information against people, if they start to believe that they are losing control of someone, they'll dig up very private information gained from them in sessions and blackmail them.

By the time this is happening, this person is usually completely separated from their entire family, their life doesn't exist, they have no escape. They are in severe debt and have no funds to enable them to leave.

A few things people really have to know about this "religion"...

1. They believe that any person who disagrees with Scientology or gets in their way is a "Suppressive Person", they say that this is what is stopping their member from progressing along the bridge, this is how they convince followers to leave concerned family and friends.

2. They believe that a Suppressive Person (referred to as an "SP") is "fair game" and can be blackmailed, assaulted, harassed and even killed by any Scientologist.

3. The term SP is also used against previous members who speak out about Scientology, and several have indeed died in very suspicious circumstances. This is why many never say what happened to them while in the cult.

4. Scientology managed the largest infiltration of the FBI ever discovered. L. Ron's wife was arrested and charged with this while he went on the run.

5. The most scary aspect of the Scientology cult, is their belief that 20% of the population are going to be Suppressive Persons naturally, thereby able to be murdered. They fully accept and support this idea that genocide in the name of their cult is acceptable.

Most Scientologist's would deny all of this until they are blue in the face. Most of them don't even know this history and these facts because they are kept from them (they can't even search the net because the programs issued by the cult operate blocking of known sites).
They don't even know half of their own beliefs! It's fed to them over time, as long as they can stump up the cash to pay for it. Most of them have no idea about Xenu other than what protesters try to tell them in the street. If they ever do reach the point where the true nature of the cult is open to them, they are so far in by this time that they realize they have wasted many years an thousands of $, so they stick with it in the hope that they can get at least something out of it.

I have done a lot of research into this cult. They are the most dangerous and insidious cult ever known. While the people within it are not really evil, just deluded and controlled, the cult itself is entirely evil.

What really needs to be asked is why is this cult tax exempt?
Why have the FBI not raided the camps where weapons are being stockpiled?
Why have the authorities not investigated claims of child abuse and forced labor?

Knowing myself that Scientology openly bribed the Metropolitan Police and bought their way into London, I have no doubt that there are still Scientology moles in the FBI and probably other agencies too. This is the only explanation as to why they are being allowed to continue the way they are.

Germany has it right, they see similarities between this cult and the Nazi regime, they are trying to ban it.

Whatever you believe, Xenu or not, please keep this cult as far away from you and those you love as possible.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, as I see it, they go after clinically depressed people. I can also see that their form of psychotherapy can do great things for these subjects. As a person with an anxiety disorder myself, I can see how one would feel very good about an organization that helped them get out of a dark spot in their lives.

For me, I found God and meditation. It worked, and now I'm hooked on both. I don't see how someone being helped by scientology is any different. Hmm did I just answer my own question? Maybe.

But no, I still don't get how someone can buy the whole shpeel.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

But no, I still don't get how someone can buy the whole shpeel.

There are darklands in the consciou minds of most people. They know there's some infomation that they have lack of, some big hidden story, and some people find that gets filled by the foolishness of the Scientology Stories.

A better source is the Urantia Papers.
Look into them!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

If I may, I think the oddity that you seem to be referring to might be explained away simply.

Religions pay no taxes. There are 'believers' of this religion and then there are MEMBERS. I suspect there is a financial element in being a MEMBER as opposed to a 'believer.' Tax-free money is fairly convincing to some.

And then there's the whole feeding of the ego thing (you know, break it down and rebuild it techniques) they are pretty good at that it appears. You ever notice how many 'bully' types there are amongst the 'church's MEMBERS?

(And you can't go by the celebrities and actors, because they are props for the 'game', and probably MEMBERS themselves.)

I was always toying with the idea that the whole Xenu thing is a farce they use to hide whatever it is they really believe.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I thought I had heard that scientology was created by the government?

I was on another site that TC was an offical member of and was actually asking about his coming marriage back then. I recall something about what Liz Taylor said about marriages lasting longer if they have seperate rooms and that Kate should have some freedom. People were saying all kinds of nasty crap and I think that was the last time he was there. I had heard something along the lines as if this religion was sexist like some others are. I haven't much interest or faith in organized religion now anyway. I understand Kate has her freedom to some extent also. She's all growd-up now too.
I hope they can work it out somehow and Tom gets off that weird drug inhaler from Precrime.

Scientology has their SP and ATS has their AH

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

There are 'believers' of this religion and then there are MEMBERS.

I don't know about that... You need to be a member to get higher up in understanding and get the papers that train you to become a level 8. If you believe in it and don't practice, well then you don't really believe in it at all.

This is the trap they've set.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I want to be very clear on this. Jack Black is not a Scientologist. Jack Black admits that he is a stoner and trips on shrooms. He also believes in God. These things are not acceptable in Scientology.

Just wanted to clear that up cuz, well, Jack Black rules.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I don't know about that... You need to be a member to get higher up in understanding and get the papers that train you to become a level 8. If you believe in it and don't practice, well then you don't really believe in it at all.

This is the trap they've set.

Indeed, but there are now groups that support the learning of Scientology principles outside of the cult. The cult has tried to sue them claiming "trade secrets" (I'm not sure what the equivalent is). They deny they are a business to gain tax exemption, but use business law to defend their right to sell.

I don't see how someone being helped by scientology is any different. Hmm did I just answer my own question? Maybe.

I firmly believe that Scientology doesn't really help with any psychological problems beyond talking about the issues. It then replaces whatever mild problem there may have been with vastly greater psychiatric troubles.

They also believe that the cure for most of the things that ail us is vitamins. They convince people off of known medications, and expect them to manage on what is effectively a placebo, making them increasingly vulnerable and able to be controlled.

Communication always helps to cure psychological issues. And you don't need Scientology to do this.

All of their methods have been medically proven to be unsound at best, murder at worst. You just need to investigate what they did to Lisa McPherson to know that their methods of "caring" and "curing" are all total BS made to make them more powerful over vulnerable people.

Honestly, I know quite a bit about this cult, I really hope you don't start to believe that there is anything "good" about it at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm going to concur w/ the statements about brainwashing.

When I turned 20, I went to Hollywood to go buy some CD's and check out the rest of the city. My buddy and I came upon a Museum of Science with two people out fron handing tickets for a free tour. We were pumped!
We got inside and were told to sit down and wait in the waiting area, a new tour would embark briefly. My buddy looks around and sees pictures of L Ron and his books for sale, then we realize what is about to happen. WE get up to leave and the clerks inside block the entrance and tell us we must stay for the tour. I started to get feisty so they let us through the door (I'm a big guy and they were tiny - it helped in this case). I couldn't get over how crazy it was they tried to keep us there against our will.

Looking back I wish I would've had stayed to see what their tour was all about.

Oh well!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlp187
I'm going to concur w/ the statements about brainwashing.

When I turned 20, I went to Hollywood to go buy some CD's and check out the rest of the city. My buddy and I came upon a Museum of Science with two people out fron handing tickets for a free tour. We were pumped!
We got inside and were told to sit down and wait in the waiting area, a new tour would embark briefly. My buddy looks around and sees pictures of L Ron and his books for sale, then we realize what is about to happen. WE get up to leave and the clerks inside block the entrance and tell us we must stay for the tour. I started to get feisty so they let us through the door (I'm a big guy and they were tiny - it helped in this case). I couldn't get over how crazy it was they tried to keep us there against our will.

Looking back I wish I would've had stayed to see what their tour was all about.

Oh well!

They had a similar one recently about the "History of Psychiatry", they basically blame everything on psychiatry, it was apparently propaganda from start to finish, incredibly gory and high-budget.

It should be noted that they feed off of mentally ill and vulnerable people, so they try to destroy modern psychiatry at every opportunity. They don't want people becoming well, and being able to think clearly, because it diminishes their potential profit.

They bought the right to own and operate a national cult awareness charity, and replaced the staff with their own, to push Scientology onto the callers seeking help.
They've even put psychiatrists out of business through harassment and litigation.

It is amazing, but they have so much money and the media is so scared of them this info rarely gets out and nothing is done to stop them.
That was until the global protests started this year and it did some really severe damage to the cult

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

Just remember this:

In the 50's L. Ron Hubbard said...

If you want to be rich Invent a religion..

That sounds true enough. And for example if bloggers like me get popular enough, y'all could help me turn my deep thoughts into a best seller overnight and reap the profits from the curious-minded 'people' and use the funds to build lots of mansions (mostly for me) and places of worship. Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I believe it's just a fad among rich and mediatic individuals. They got so much money and so much free time that they start "exploring" stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That Tom Cruise really will believe anything

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

well scientology is thus..

just pick up the book diantetics. if you can read more than the first page without having serious brain trauma then you deserve everything you get. i actually tried to read that thing once upon a time. it's total gibberish and psychobabble and not even good gibberish.

watch the youtube videos of hubbard. enough said.

seriously, there are 7 billion people on this planet which makes the number of vulnerable suckers amazingly huge. it's ok just let them learn their lessons. the poor suckers.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There are alot of Scientologists and the only thing that makes them worrisome is, they are tought to be agressive in their beliefs and if they were ever to form an Army. They might be pretty strong. They have the money. It's easy to sustain a large Army if you don't have to pay them. They wouldn't be the first cult to turn violent. Think...Religious war. In Canada they don't have Religious status and therefore are not tax exempt. This results in the fact that we don't have any Scientology Chapters to speak of. I think I heard there is one in Toronto.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join