It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boundary Between Earth's Upper Atmosphere And Space Has Moved To Extraordinarily Low Altitudes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Boundary Between Earth's Upper Atmosphere And Space Has Moved To Extraordinarily Low Altitudes

www.sciencedaily.com

ScienceDaily (Dec. 16, 2008) — Observations made by NASA instruments on board an Air Force satellite have shown that the boundary between the Earth's upper atmosphere and space has moved to extraordinarily low altitudes. These observations were made by the Coupled Ion Neutral Dynamics Investigation (CINDI) instrument suite, which was launched aboard the U.S. Air Force's Communication/Navigation Outage Forecast System (C/NOFS) satellite on April 16, 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dnaindia.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field

[edit on 17-12-2008 by lmbsc]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wonder if this has anything to do with the breach in the Magnetic field? I would think that the two are related but I'm no expert, just found this interesting and wanted to share.

I find it very interesting that there seems to be soooo much going on with the planet these days. It almost seems as if this planet is trying to purge itself of us.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We are still at our infant stage when it comes to knowing what is normal with our planet. With barely a century of technology to accurately track any of these findings is only a drop into the ocean of what we know as normal for our planet.

I agree that these findings are interesting as well I hope that we take more interest in our planet and our sun and its effects on us. Good find, hopefully the reasoning behind this can revealed as the solar cycle theory they had went bust.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by airteck
We are still at our infant stage when it comes to knowing what is normal with our planet.

This has everything to do with 2012, Planet X Nibiru, pole shift, cataclysmic nuclear NWO war depopulation plan by Gozer the Gozarian.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ive been saying for over a year now that there are changes in light levels taking place. Im a pro-photographer, light is my business and it is changing. I would describe it as " the sky/canopy is higher" Allowing you to see more clouds at further distances.

I wonder if the article in the OP has anything to do with this?

Respects

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Also read an article about how the earth's atmosphere "breaths". Looks like that might have something to do with all this.

Earth's Atmosphere "Breathes" More Rapidly Than Thought By Andrea Thompson Senior Writer posted: 16 December 2008 12:38 pm ET Earth's atmosphere was known to "breathe" in a cycle lasting nearly a month. Now scientists say the planet takes a quick breath every few days. The breathing-like activity is the result of high-speed solar wind disturbances that cause a recurrent expansion and contraction of Earth's atmosphere every few days, satellite observations show. This atmospheric mode could affect radio communication, orbiting satellites and possibly the Earth's climate, researchers say. The expansion and contraction happens way up in the Earth's thermosphere, the layer of the atmosphere that extends from about 60 to 300 miles (96.5 to 483 kilometers) above the planet's surface. The thermosphere is constantly interacting with the sun's upper atmosphere as it expands out into the solar system, said one of the researchers who made the discovery, Jeff Thayer of the University of Colorado in Boulder, during a press conference at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco yesterday. This interaction causes an energy exchange that can change the density of the thermosphere (how closely the gas molecules within it are packed together). As its density changes, the thermosphere expands and contracts.

Source

top topics

join