It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my opinion on the "first black president"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And at that point it will be Mulato's against non mulato's

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The problem is, by referring to people as a certain "color" you are segregating the people you are describing into a group. Although it is mostly intended to help with identification purposes, it is still segregation. I would not call it racism in this form; however, I do believe that because of this simple "harmless" segregation leaves room for one to see differences in a different light that can possibly lead to racism.

Another problem that fuels the "color" segregation is statistics based on race. Why do we continue to keep records this way? I know for health issues certain "color" are more susceptible to certain diseases; however, there are more issues at work here that do not relate to the "color" of ones skin, such as certain genetics(which also include skin "color", but most are completely irrelevant).

Until we can separate the "color" issue and just call people......people, or human....the human race there will never harmonize on this issue.

Stop describing people by "color", and you will stop the fuel that perpetually feeds segregation. I have done my part with this post as I have not mentioned a single specific "color". It is easier than you think.

BTW, I did not vote for Barry, but I do see him as a human being and not as a "color". I do not agree with his policies nor the puppet masters that control his strings.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
He played off the Black thing because in the US, it's given him a number of advantages. It gave him a number of advantages in the election.

The guy is an opportunist without equal.

It's really good to hang out with whites, talk white, but claim black. He's about as black as I am, and I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by distortion9

if they are half white as obama is it does make them half white, i am not referring to "light skinned" here i am simply pointing out the fact that he IS half white, a fact that everyone is ignoring for some reason. like it's bad to be half white or something, they need to acknowledge all of him, not just HALF!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by christykirby

if they are half white as obama is it does make them half white, i am not referring to "light skinned" here i am simply pointing out the fact that he IS half white, a fact that everyone is ignoring for some reason. like it's bad to be half white or something, they need to acknowledge all of him, not just HALF!

What on earth are you talking about?

he is black,when i see that picture i dont see half white or half black i see black.I agree race isnt an issue anymore,but that doesnt mean we should ignore the obvious which is he has black skin...i mean for christs sake,your all blinded by pc crap which isnt even politically correct its just stupid.

And your half white thing genetically means nothing,if it did we would all refer to ourselves as half black,but we dont.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

so basically you are saying as long as their skin is that color that that's what race the person is?? so an albino black person is considered white? or also i have many bi racial friends that are the same color as my latino friends... so what race would that make them?! just wondering?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

technically he is the first bi racial president
only if he were african american would he be the first "black" president

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Until of course he starts doing dirty things and lowering his approval rating etc.
Then people will start saying how he is just another corrupt "white" president. For now, however, he is the "Great Black Savior" .

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
He played off the Black thing because in the US, it's given him a number of advantages. It gave him a number of advantages in the election.

It's really good to hang out with whites, talk white, but claim black. He's about as black as I am, and I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Totally agree with you and this was my first thought also. What angle did Obama play up most during the election? The "black" angle, of course!

And Maria, to answer your question, if race doesn't make such a huge difference then why celebrate "the first black president" at all? Why do you think they predict a record turnout at Obama's inauguration? Why did the media focus so much on Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and oher black leaders during the election? Because Obama is black.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am a being from another planet and I will describe Obama for you, without making mention of his skin color.

Obama is a tall, thin male human. He has a deep voice that tends to be commanding and attention-grabbing when he speaks. He also speaks intelligently. Yet he has given a few speeches that were copied from other politicians' speeches, which I find uncomfortable. Also he has associated himself with certain well-known persons and world leaders who tend to suppress human freedom and free thought, something that disturbs me. He has also been a member of a church whose pastor speaks with aggressive, angry words, which I find not very fitting for a church pastor, where peaceful words and calmness should prevail, at least from my other-worldly opinion of a church.

And sometimes when I watch Obama give speeches, I can see into his eyes that there could be more to him that he tries to hide. But sometimes it sneaks out. Sometimes I see what I would sense as deception, power-hunger seeking at all costs, superiority to others he perceives lesser than him, and a generally evil vibration that I truly hope does not exist, for the people of earth.

I am hoping these brief glimpses I perceive from the deepness in his eyes are just light anomalies hitting my sight, and that I am wrong about Obama hiding other aspects to his complete design.

But he also appears to be a hard worker and interested in mending the problems in the United States. These are very good aspects.

So this is my unbiased opinion, given to you by a being who does not understand the concept of differening skin colors, as all the intelligent beings on my planet share the same skin color (though we do differ in certain physical attributes).

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

The guy has a "darker skin" than an albino white guy and thats it. The only thing we need to focus on is if he gets this country back to its glory days. Other country's are catching up to us and i hope obama is the guy to turn that around. Does not matter what his skin reflects i just hope he makes me and my family live a better life. I am a white guy and if i sat in the sun for a long long time i bet i could turn msyelf "darker", would that make me black?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by christykirby
I am so sick of people referring to Obama as the first "black" president
so does this mean all mixed people are considered black?
or do people just not pay attention, he is in fact, half white
and was raised by his white family
i am by NO means predjudice in any way, i have bi-racial family members, i just don't understand why people are ignoring the fact that he IS WHITE too!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy, How do you think the president elect should be labeled? i understand you want people to not ignore that he is white too. so what should he be called?

I am sorry it makes you sick, i am not sure why it makes you sick. I mean i look at him and i think he is black. I heard his family history and know he has many different races in him. i think he is black because we have similar complexions and i consider myself to be black even though i have a mother and father of different races. I look at his wife and i don't see there relationship as interracial but i suppose it is?

Originally posted by dooper

Dooper, i hang out with whites but its kind of offensive to say he talks white....i mean i am sure that all whites do not talk the same and would like to think all blacks dont talk the same. just from dialects alone, not to mention education levels. and when you say he claims black, how does he claim black. I think in his book and in interviews he always talks about his mother and father and his grandmother who raised him.

he is about as black as you are? seriously, do you see how this sounds?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I suppose it is whatever he identifies himself as. We can hardly drop him into a category of people, let him decide for gods sake.

Over here in the UK, anyone with one black and one white parent would never be considered "black". They all identify as "mixed race".

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If you have to ask you need to go ahead and claim italian. Sorry your celtic bloodline has been tainted.

Scottsman4ever

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Get over it. He's black. Let him be black and stop trying to claim him. Is the idea of black president too much for you? If he was born 100 years ago he would be black. Let him be black now. Not when it is convient.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join