It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microspheres in WTC dust, another smoking gun.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've seen a few mentions of the microspheres found in the WTC dust, I haven't seen a thread where it could be discussed.
Skip to 36 minutes for microsphere information, If you are not familiar with the thermate evidence it is explained before this, and more extensively in earlier videos.

The chemical composition of the Iron-rich Microspheres are yet another smoking gun for demolition at the WTC towers and WTC 7. The sulfur, manganese, magnesium, and especially potassium.
Manganese and potassium could be easily explained by the use of potassium permanganate as an oxidizer.
Also the microspheres from the WTC and microspheres from thermate have the same chemical signature.

The USGS took 14 samples of WTC dust, some from blocks away from ground zero. Of those samples, Iron-rich Spheres were "frequently seen"
Watch this video and it will explain all of this and more.

Google Video Link

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
More details can be found about them here.
Extremely high temperatures during the World Trade Center destruction
I have a feeling that once their final report on these is released, this will turn out to be one of the largest pieces of evidence against the official story.
Keep in mind that these are not from the cleanup effort, as he has pointed out.
These can also be produced by igniting thermite or thermate.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is good stuff...
No matter what "they" try to tell me, I know the truth. This was purely a manufactured event. This was done to mobilize the American people into supporting endless conflicts in the Middle East. These people underestimate our intelligence. This will come to light and their will be Hell on Earth to pay when it does!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't believe the official story of 911 either, However these Microsperes can and are found everywhere.

Don't believe me? grab a powerful magnet, like the kind mechanics use to retrieve lost nuts and bolts, head to some open land, somewhere to avoid contamination from demolition etc, and pass it several times along the ground, you will see you have hundreds of them on your magnet.

I'm unsure of the chemical composition, because to be honest, away from impact craters, I never paid much attention to them, they became a hinderence rather than an asset, anyone can try this.

Maybe a little too much reliance on these as evidence.

Only the chemical makeup difference can determine that.

azz

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yes, Iron-rich spheres are everywhere. However, those containing the chemical composition of the ones found that the WTC are consistent with Thermate-created microspheres. Couple that with the smoke signatures seen during the alleged collapse, the lava-like flame trails eminating from several of the buildings floors and molten steel that burned, oxygen-free, for several days after the collapse and you have... wait for it... Thermate!

These building fell at free-fall speed, within their own foot-print, showed signes of steel beams being "Cut" at perfect angles, and was cleaned up and discarded without ANY investigation of the debris within weeks - with the steel being either shipped over-seas or melted and reprocessed.

Logic tells me that this was a controlled demolition. Logic further dictates that if this was controlled Demo, it was an inside job as unfettered access would be required to wire the building. Strange then that the buildings were being "rewired" for communications when this occured. Stranger yet that Marvin Bush, the President's younger brother, was a principle in Securacom, the company that held the security contract for the WTC and... wait for it... Dulles International Airport AND United Airlines.

Yeah, I realize the thread is about microspheres, but you can't bake a cake using only flour. The microspheres found at WTC, IMO, are indicative of Thermate being used to fell those buildings.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here are some more realistic sources for that and it is much more common with the conditions at the WTCs.

www.flyash.info...
www.alibaba.com...

www.inderscience.com...

Considering the conditions of the WTCs during the fires and the subsequent ruins and smoldering pile for days and weeks, and the amount of materials burning and simmering in the subterranean fires would also be a big source of these "microspheres".
They are also found in garbage incinerators, when garbage burns. Sometimes I doubt the integrity of "Professor" Jones.

The EDX signatures from Jones paper are nearly identical with fly ash from garbage incinerators. All the peaks in Jones' graph match fly ash: Al, Si, K, Ca, and Fe and smaller amounts of Ti, S and Cl!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
They are also found in garbage incinerators, when garbage burns. Sometimes I doubt the integrity of "Professor" Jones.

The EDX signatures from Jones paper are nearly identical with fly ash from garbage incinerators. All the peaks in Jones' graph match fly ash: Al, Si, K, Ca, and Fe and smaller amounts of Ti, S and Cl!

What does that say for those who glom onto "Professor" Jones's wacky theories like a fly to flypaper?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Please show proof, and sources to your erroneous claim? On the other hand, are you just going to do what you always do and spout off and leave? If anyone’s integrity is in question, it is “not” Professor Jones.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

As I figured, the debunkers have no way to disprove Steven Jones discovery. Nothing but slimy insults, and to me that says a lot, especially about the poster motives here in the 911 threads.
Oh ya onther thing, star and flags this is a good thread, and I also feel this is a smoken gun.

[edit on 12/15/2008 by cashlink]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinch
What does that say for those who glom onto "Professor" Jones's wacky theories like a fly to flypaper?

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread, or are you just here to point fingers and make ridiculing remarks as you always do?

Glad to see that you're being such a productive member of ATS as always.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

With a garbage incinerator in russia.
Is this surprising?
Do you know what was fed into that incinerator to produce these chemical residues?
Because we have a pretty good idea what was in the WTC complex, and the chemical signature of thermate, and possibly potassium permanganate don't seem to be very common in office buildings.

Unless of course those office buildings had been demolished using thermate with potassium permanganate as it's oxidizer.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

Look, cash, sometimes I seriously wonder if I should take you seriously. You demand "proof" or whatever, but when i post it for you, you either ignore it, or don't even bother.

take a look at Jones' spectra and see what the main elements he finds in it. Where is the sulfur in it that he is so darn sure is a signature of his thermate/ite?

www.flyash.info...

suwic.group.shef.ac.uk...

The above give the elements found in flyash. Notice the percents of each. Its funny how "Prof" Jones's spectra doesn't pick up the Oxygen too well, because usually these are found in an oxidized state. When compared to flyash the similarities are striking. Even the little "microspheres" are no longer mysterious as these are commonly found when stuff burns. This is even closer than "thermite/ate". Jones is missing Sulfur. The one thing his whole "theory" hinges on. Sulfur is what made it thermite. But he doesnt!

Its also quite telling how you really can't find Jones' slides or presentation anywhere, unless you dig really really deep for it. I'm not interested in his video, I want to look at his data.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I have just posted two more sites dealing with flyash.
So you say that what we throw away and burn is so radically different from what someone in Russia throws away? or from India? Or from Germany? Garbage is garbage and if you bother to read and learn a little bit on the "how" and "why" of flyash, you would see how what Jones "discovered" is more related to burning garbage than thermite. Again, where was that important sulfur in his spectra? The %'s correlate with flyash better than thermite.
Its a good idea to research the elements "found" in Jones' spectra and where they are found naturally and in what types of things you'd expect to find them in an office building. Also important is in what form they were found. Jones just shows the elements.

Some things found in computers:
macredo.org...

As for your potassium permanganate, you really ought to see what they use it for:

water treatment
www.epa.gov...

[edit on 12/15/2008 by GenRadek]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So you say that what we throw away and burn is so radically different from what someone in Russia throws away?

Did you even read that report you linked to?

Burning of solid fuel at large power stations... The mineral part of solid fuel usually includes clay minerals, micas, quartz, feldspars, sulfides, carbonates of iron, calcium, magnesium etc.

So most of the chemicals you are pointing to are coming from the solid fuel. Gee I can't imagine why they would find those chemicals now, can you?

Also potassium permanganate is a strong oxidizer, it's not just used to control taste and odors, remove color, control biological growth in treatment plants, and remove iron and manganese.
Here is a MSDS sheet for it.

DANGER! STRONG OXIDIZER. CONTACT WITH OTHER MATERIAL MAY CAUSE FIRE.

I find it a little intellectually dishonest to say the least, for you to post that making it look like potassium permanganate is fancy version of febreeze.
you should have also seen this in your google search, but I guess you guys will bend and twist information any way you can, in your rushed attampts to provide any link that MAY refute what we are saying. Even if it only helps my arguement.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

So what have you proven?
What dose this have to do with Professor Jones?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

Hi Cash,

The bottom line is Jones' thermite/thermate has been debunked by the variety of spectra of iron-rich microspheres in the WTC dust. This proves the spheres came from many different sources. If some of these sources were present before 9/11, e.g. in construction debris from welding and cutting operations, Jones needs to show us how he can distinguish between such particles and particles produced in the WTC fires.

He ignores all the natural explanations for his findings, including:

* Pigments and fillers used in plastics
* Fly ash from the combustion of cellulose-based materials: wood, cardboard and paper
* Welding fume left in the towers from construction activities
* Wear particles from grinding and cutting during construction of the towers
* Iron powder cores from electronics (e.g. transformer cores)
* NYC background levels of particulate from general environmental source

In addition a Dr. Greening who is a truther, reached out to Dr. Jones:

I have actually been given (by Dr. Jones) other EDX spectra (not included in his paper) of spherical particles from his WTC dust sample.

Now here's the rub!

They are all different!

In other words SJ has found all kinds of iron-rich spherical particles.

Some have almost no Si, some have high Si. Some have no S, some have high S. Some have Ca, some have no Ca. Some show traces of common elements like K, Ti, Cr, Cu. Others show oddball elements like Ba.

However, even in SJ's new paper we have three DIFFERENT spectra. One is described as "typical" and one is amazingly described as "rather typical". Guess what? They are completely different!

So what does this tell us Sizzler? It tells us that there were MANY DIFFERENT souces of iron-rich microspheres.

Now we all know that SJ believes that thermite was used to bring down the towers. Well I guess that would mean that thermite was placed at strategic locations on the columns. The thermite would burn and generate microspheres of pretty much the same composition.

So how do you explain the Heinz 57 varieties of microspheres?

- Dr. Frank Greening source

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CameronFox

You are now presenting a red herring!
Should I be surprised! What have “you” proven? You have not debunk anything about Jones Hypothesis, nice try though.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This subject has been beaten to death. Why do truthers keep bringing up subjects as if they are new revelations, never dealt with before? How many times are we going to have to revisit Jones's "iron microspheres" claim before truthers understand the point?

Quite simply, Jones was never able to eliminate all of the myriad and common causes and explanations for "microspheres" to make any claim about them.

Truthers here are quite welcome to read and factually address any of the existing material on the subject available to all of you:

/6d99qx:

Considering the high temperatures reached during the destruction of the WTC, the following three types of combustion products would be expected to be present in WTC dust. These products are:

• Vesicular carbonaceous particles primarily from plastics
Iron-rich spheres from iron-bearing building components or contents.
• High temperature aluminosilicate from building materials

...In addition to the spherical iron and aluminosilicate particles, a variety of heavy metal particles including lead, cadmium, vanadium, yttrium, arsenic, bismuth, and barium particles were produced by the pulverizing, melting and/or combustion of the host materials such as solder, computer screens, and paint during the WTC Event.

forums.randi.org...
forums.randi.org...
forums.randi.org...
forums.randi.org...
forums.randi.org...
forums.randi.org...

Valid and honest discussion is welcome.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What the "9/11 Liars" seem to be forgetting is that eventhough these spheres occur in other places, they DO NOT occur with the chemical signature of thermate inside of them.
Big difference there, if this can't be seen then there is no hope for you.

It's like the difference between saying saying a lead bullet found in a corpse proves nothing because lead is found naturally all over the place, and pointing out that this lead has gunpowder all over it...

What ridiculous extent will they go to next to desperately cling to their official lie?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink

You are now presenting a red herring!
Should I be surprised! What have “you” proven? You have not debunk anything about Jones Hypothesis, nice try though.

Cash,

I showed you a post written by a DOCTOR.

He is also a TRUTHER.

He contacted Steven Jones DIRECTLY.

He refuted his claims.

First of all did you read it?

Secondly how is this a red herring?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join