It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the Sopranos Analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
For many people the finale of The Sopranos was either a disappointment, a mystery or sheer brilliance. For me, it was sheer brilliance, but not before I came across this article that puts everything into perspective. I share it with you:

INTRODUCTION:

“If you look at the final episode really carefully, it’s all there.”* These are David Chase’s words regarding the finale of the Sopranos. He is right, it is “all there”. This is the definitive explanation of why Tony died in Holsten’s in the final scene of The Sopranos. The following is based on a thorough analysis of the final season of the show and will clear up one of the most misunderstood endings in film or television history. Chase took almost 2 years to construct the final season of the show after the fifth season ended in June of 2004. Part 1 will show how Chase directed, edited and scored the final scene of the Sopranos to lead to the interpretation that Tony was shot in the head in Holsten’s and how this ties into the “never hear it happen” concept that Chase hammered into the viewer before the show’s final scene. Part I will also discuss (and debunk) the other theories about the end including the “Tony always looking over his shoulder” interpretation. Part II will concentrate on what Tony’s death means and how his death was thematically constructed throughout the final season. Part III will focus on the use of symbolism in Holsten’s. Part IV will focus on “The Godfather” influence on the final season and Tony’s death. Part V will focus on how the final episode and final scene are linked to America’s war on terrorism. Part VI will concentrate on the “fun stuff” created by Chase and his creative team to foreshadow Tony’s death. Finally Part VII will discuss the possible inspiration of two films on the ending of “The Sopranos”. Some of these topics will overlap but the ultimate conclusion is the same, Tony’s death is the only ending that makes sense.

masterofsopranos.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gone

Sweet detailed analysis of the scene. My bro and I were just talking about this last weekend in NJ - we both agree it was an amazing ending; we also were laughing about how we both hated Journey before that and now like "Don't Stop". I loved the show from it's inception - my bro and I eventually made a movie with Jerry Adler - for those who appreciated the show for it's firece originality and good story writing, the ending was a masterpiece.

ColoradoJens

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree. The ending was brilliant. Before I read that analysis, I wasn't sure what had happened exactly.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here it is: The final scene - what an amazing group of professionals working together on the show. Loved every minute of it.

ColoradoJens

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Here it is: The final scene - what an amazing group of professionals working together on the show. Loved every minute of it.
ColoradoJens

Like I can't open this, why?

[edit on 15-12-2008 by wodhuyjg]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wodhuyjg

Hmmm. Don't know - can you see the vid still in the you tube link? It seems to be working for me...also, what happened to the OP?

ColoradoJens

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think there should be a violent gunfignt.Some kind like the Godfather

new topics

top topics

join