It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woodwytch (the computer dimwit) Needs Help - again !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hey there guys,

In the past I have asked for guidance (on a variety of computer related problems), from the computer 'whizzes' here at ATS and you have never let me down yet. *kissing your feet in homage* ... phwoar !!!

I am a self-confessed dunce when it comes to something out of my comfort zone
and I have struck another brick wall ... please help.

>>> PROBLEM

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You could try browse around the company website.

www.ebookswriter.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Also they have a forum.

www.paperinik.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thanks guys, I tried the 1st option ... no success but I shall have a look at the other forum link provided

Woody

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You could try sending the file as an attachment in an e-mail.

Sort of sounds like you're sending a link, which is fine if the .exe is on a server somewhere, or the other person has access to your computer remotely. Maybe your e-mail program isn't allowing you to drag and drop the file into an e-mail? I'm guessing.

Depending on who you are sending it to, their e-mail software may be set to "block" .exe files. You can try to zip the file and, rename the zipped folder to something like ".z" instead of ".zip." Then send it. This is how we sent zipped files on our network where I used to work, because .zip files were blocked.

Then when the person gets the file. They rename the file back to .zip, then unzip it, and get the contents.

Troy

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thanks for that I'll give it a try ... sounds like it could be a winner.

Woody

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
All successful e-books I have received were in PDF format and opened with Adobe Reader.

Most word processors will allow you to save a file as a pdf for distribution and the reader is free mainsteam program for readers to download.

an exe file often requires that the receiver has the same program to open the file with as you do.

So when you click on SaveAs in your word processor that you compiled the book.

Change the name of the file first, so you're saving a different copy instead of overwriting the current one

Choose "File Type" and scroll down to a universal file type like PDF.

Hope this helps you,

Blessings,

-G

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Even if you do get it to work I think you might have a problem getting anyone to run a .exe file they receive in an email as they are usually viruses. In fact I think most email programs mark exe files attached to emails as Junk as a matter of course,, Not sure though.

As someone else said, most documents (including ebooks) are sent as PDF's you can get a few free PDF authoring tools from the net as the official one is expensive.

If you google pdf writer you will get a few free ones coming up

edit on 27-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join