It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: Men really are the weaker sex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It may be that I'm overly sensitive to this issue since I live in Vancouver Canada. We have a HUGE gay population and I personally know 4-5 women (myself included) who cannot seem to meet masculine men.

The alternative is to head out of town for 2 hours and meet rednecks who drink and spit on the sidewalks.

Successful non-gay outdoorsy man are very rare up here. And if we do meet one, they are generally already snapped up by luckier women.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
It may be that I'm overly sensitive to this issue since I live in Vancouver Canada. We have a HUGE gay population and I personally know 4-5 women (myself included) who cannot seem to meet masculine men.

The alternative is to head out of town for 2 hours and meet rednecks who drink and spit on the sidewalks.

Successful non-gay outdoorsy man are very rare up here. And if we do meet one, they are generally already snapped up by luckier women.

I see masculine men here in Holland all the time....I hardly see any feminine ones!

Maybe youre not really looking for masculine men but more for "The One!" . Hence why it might be difficult :\

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercuryae

Maybe youre not really looking for masculine men but more for "The One!" . Hence why it might be difficult :\

Yes I AM looking for the ONE, however that is irrelevant to this problem we have up here.

We don't get to see alot of city men 'flexing their muscles', so to speak. The closest we get are the construction crews working on the Olympic venues,etc, but it's a turn off when they smoke pot and party every night.

Hmmm... maybe pot is part of the problem up here too.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yes I AM looking for the ONE, however that is irrelevant to this problem we have up here.

We don't get to see alot of city men 'flexing their muscles', so to speak. The closest we get are the construction crews working on the Olympic venues,etc, but it's a turn off when they smoke pot and party every night.

what?

stay on topic.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

How odd

I guess it has to do with a more digitalized world we have now....many men are now behind computers etc doing their work

I like both men and women and I personally dont find it very attractive if a man is flexing his muscles...just in shape and sporty is fine. Much more I like voice and tone and gestures..but thats just me ^^

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

what?

stay on topic.

Okay never mind the unintentional redirect.

But really, if men ARE being feminised, then how does that make them weaker? I mean, if a man turns into a woman, then he's as strong as a woman, not weaker than. Does that make sense?

But I am wonder if we will also go the way of snakes and use parthenogenesis (sp?) to ensure human survival. I understand that some creatures do this instinctively but perhaps we're too rational for this instinct to occur?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

what?

stay on topic.

Okay never mind the unintentional redirect.

But really, if men ARE being feminised, then how does that make them weaker? I mean, if a man turns into a woman, then he's as strong as a woman, not weaker than. Does that make sense?

But I am wonder if we will also go the way of snakes and use parthenogenesis (sp?) to ensure human survival. I understand that some creatures do this instinctively but perhaps we're too rational for this instinct to occur?

I personally, and I feel a little shameful about it, but I have a disgust of men who can only radiate masculinity and women who do the opposite

I hope we evolve into a more androgynous state...and if you read the Bible ( I am not religious, although Im spirituality minded) men and women were first one, then split...only to become one eventually, look at the gospel of Thomas

I have been suicidal and depressed because of the duality
Perhaps I just have feelings ahead of my time

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Being a female in my 30s, I don't buy into this at all. Unless they are talking about babies being born NOW. Because over the past 10 years, I had absolute ZERO problem in finding masculine men. They are everywhere. So easy to find. Just walk down the street, walk into a bar or a gym. Masculine men are EVERYWHERE

I don't think it is official at all. As I see no proof of it amongst the human species

*shrug*

When us women here in the western world run out of viable males, we're going to have to look over to those countries "over there"

In regards to this. So what? There are great [masculine] men outside of America or the "western world" - Fact

Wanted to also add...masculine men can be sensative. It is a myth they can not.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Does this mean more women for me? If so speed up evolution please.

Yes, it is now my responsibility to save the human race with as much beautiful women as possible

[edit on 7-12-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
[edit on 7-12-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY
reply to post by stumason

I am a USMC combat vet, and I would have rather fought for big penis

Hey just a side note, seriously don't run for office unless you can learn to avoid being able to be that badly taken out of context

If this was the MSM

That line above would be everywhere

sorry... Just wishing Bush or Obama or someone would pull off as good a potential Gaffe as that...

siiiiigh

I must be missing Bush already, Obama never accidentally ever says anything funny

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Oh man, too funny!
'I would have rather fought for big penis.' I am so damn immature. Back to the OP... I doubt that men's jolly polls are going to fall off anytime soon. Scientists seem to be prone to alarmist attitudes. I'm 23 and no one in my circle of friends is at all effeminate. The girlfriends always point out that our overt manliness is out of control.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Really

I'm moving up to flaggstaff, Mountain, skiiing urmmm very out doorsey .... Have my own technology business....

You know any Vancouver women who would relocate? Cause all the Pretty girls up there are taken by mountain men

Mods... Can we get an Ats singles section? I smell some revenue for you a niche the other dating sites don't hit...

Think about it... the potential unique categories:

Looking To Date a:

Woman

Man

Hybrid

Reptilian

Fellow Abduction victim

Mutant/Various other

There would be such good personal ad space.

I'm just going to place mine

Hi I am K, I like exploring caves in search of Aliens and secret government labs, I am Melamie and Oestrogen free doing a daily Detox in Dry Sauna to remove Heavy metals, contrail chemicals and have never been abducted.

No Stds or Exposure that I am aware of to Morgellons

Currently relocating to a Mountain town of only 58,000 that has full University and high speed data access but posses little threat of Nuclear retaliatory strike or terrorist attack with a survival location over 100 miles away near reservation land in the event of a true sit x scenario, Skiing part of the year in location but almost 300 days of the year viable for solar power to be "off the grid"

6' Brown, Blue Eyes, Athletic Build IQ 186

Seeks, Attractive SWF slightly paranoid, but just enough to survive and still loves life. Must be willing to put up with a Man who spends long periods writing science fiction and working on the Internet and want children (birthing with dolphins optional but preferred)

Hobbies Include meditation, exploring ancient ruins, caving, and interviewing abduction victims.

Being willing to work at home via Internet to avoid govt containment or desperation of family unit during a crisis a plus, resources and material to so provided if relationship established

Some minor training on how to answer FBI inquiries would be necessary

Plz, No Reptilians, Trans genders or Believers in the Galactic Federation need apply, abduction victims okay, I can help to keep those away

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
On a more serious note...

Many of us have low exposure to said chemicals and are just fine.

What i think we are seeing in terms of infertility, feminization and other side effects are that some people (particularly in Utero) are being exposed to singular high doses by circumstance or bad timing and being affected that way.

i.e. a single particularly large burst via water supply at crucial timing in fetal development

or

accidental location next to places where large accumulation occurs over lengthy periods of time.

i.e. Like Electromagnetism... every one has some exposure... but the kids under the power lines are actually suffering

Toxicology would be in the end... the threat of all, I take most seriously and why I am actually relocating mostly out of the city (not for chaos or war reasons) but rather... limiting large burst exposure to toxins

Last time I lived full time in NYC

I was outside going for a Beer at the store when .... The Spray Truck to remove Mosquito's during the Big West Nile Flare up drove right by me and literally sprayed me full on with whatever pesticide they were using

(was sick for 6 sick weeks)

Worse than City life I'd also say suburban locations near Manufacturing or other production or treatment or energy facilities are worse...

Good Post OP

sorry to have fun with it... but someone said "penis"

Stared and flaged

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
how does this make men ` the weaker sex ` ????

It doesn't, it's just a clever quip the article writer decided to use.

There has been concern for some time regarding the chemicals we use, and their hormonal effects on living animals.

One issue is with all the hormonal pills being taken by women, ending up in the water supply once used. What results is hormonal chemicals intended for women ending up in men.

Luckily, there are very few male hormonal drugs, hence, women need not worry about becoming aggressive and growing hair on their upper body.

But we men have allot to worry about with the hormones women are taking, and inadvertently saturating our nutritional intake.

Now pesticides are amongst the chemicals that attribute to this.

Quite simply... if your local water supply uses a recycling process, don't drink it.
Unfortunately that advice is of little use for those who's livestock are already saturated with hormonal drugs.

There are alternatives... for some, they are a little harder to obtain than others.
Myself, being knowledgeable about electronics combine my own water.
Not all the time mind you, the electrolysis process requires a fair amount of energy and time, but when I feel like a tall glass of water, I usually have enough purified water in my system to quench my thirst.

... don't bother boiling your water to get rid of these chemicals, boiling water only kills bacteria. All you'll be doing with the chemicals is concentrating the dose, as you'll be losing water, while retaining the chemicals.

The electrolysis process works on an atomic interaction level, meaning the gasses acquired are hydrogen, oxygen, and that's it, unless some particles manage to get caught in the updraft. Leaving your original basin containing a rather potent mix of undesirables after enough use.
... but that's not what you're drinking from. lol.

Re-combining is the tough bit. It requires a catalyst medium, unless you intend on burning the gasses...
... I wouldn't. Makes for a nice bang, but it's wholly unsafe for prolonged re-combination.

... sorry, I'm rambling now aren't I?

Alright, overall point being, this is a chemical pollution issue we've been building up to for some time now.
Personally, I think it's how we ended up with metrosexuals... but that's just an opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

"There are alternatives... for some, they are a little harder to obtain than others.
Myself, being knowledgeable about electronics combine my own water.
Not all the time mind you, the electrolysis process requires a fair amount of energy and time, but when I feel like a tall glass of water, I usually have enough purified water in my system to quench my thirst. "

Maybe you could write a thread about this?
I would certainly be interested...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well ladies, if you like sailors, my spinach diet does me fine, and I be happy to be dropping anchor if there be a shortage of testosterone in your town.

Couldn't help myself. From my understanding enviromental pollution is worse in third world nations, because corporations have completely succeeded in avoiding any type of chemical controls. Apparently China is an ecological disaster.

I think political correctness is more of a danger to masculinity than industrial waste.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A Woman's Rule of Thumb:

If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I had an idea on this this subject, perhaps this was done intentionally perhaps for two reasons:

Population control & a less masculine society will equal less aggression. This perhaps will lead to less people willing to stand up and fight against repressive governments. Any thoughts?

This is one of the many reasons why I've started an organic garden out back. I've reduced my chemical and pesticide intake by at least 80%!

[edit on 7-12-2008 by oconnection]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
There have been films released that lead me to believe that we are all be subjected to Pavlovian Conditioning to get us ready for this reality.

Not to mention the elite always tell what they are going to do to us - it is in their rule book.

The future?

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Canadianduder]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join