It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: Men really are the weaker sex

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Think about it - The number one concern of any government should be for the health of its citizens. This comes before ANYTHING.

Are you kidding? Do we even live on the same planet? Since when has the health of its people ever been the Government of America's concern?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by red_leader
reply to post by johnsky

"There are alternatives... for some, they are a little harder to obtain than others.
Myself, being knowledgeable about electronics combine my own water.
Not all the time mind you, the electrolysis process requires a fair amount of energy and time, but when I feel like a tall glass of water, I usually have enough purified water in my system to quench my thirst. "

Maybe you could write a thread about this?
I would certainly be interested...

There's little need for a thread, the process of electrolysis is well known, but not very well used.

Start by looking up how to create hydrogen from electrolysis. It's been used for a VERY long time.
The byproduct of re-using the hydrogen fuel is pure water.

Of course, "pure" water isn't exactly what your body is looking for, so adding in your own mix of multi-vitamins afterward should be beneficial.

The problem with pure water is the body gets nothing but saturation from it, the body can easily intoxicate itself with too much pure water. If you intentionally contaminate it (with vitamins and minerals your body actually needs) it becomes a very worthwhile item to intake.

I don't want to give away my own system, as I'm not sure if it has already made it to patent or not, but it follows the same concepts as your traditional electrolysis system.

As I stated though, electrolyzing water into it's two components requires quite the amount of energy. It's no-where near efficient. So if you have to pay for your electricity, I'd suggest just buying pure water and mixing in your own vitamin and mineral mix from there, it will cost far less in the long run.

[edit to add]
I believe it should be possible to use the more rudimentary version of electrolysis and electrolyze water into HHO to recombine and get pure water, instead of separate containment of Hydrogen and Oxygen, and then recombine using a similar system to achieve the same result...

... but I'm a traditionalist, and I like to keep things separated in individual containers, Hydrogen in one, and Oxygen in another. Then combine them again to get water.
But perhaps using a mesh like catalyst, and keeping it grounded, you might be able to recombine HHO gas in a similar fashion.
My tests with it so far have been completely in keeping Hydrogen and Oxygen separate during storage.

If someone here knows how to recombine the HHO variant (browns gas) without burning it, please let me know. As it stands, I'm using the traditional H2 + O re-combining process using a crude PEM.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Does this mean more women for me? If so speed up evolution please.

i was thinking the same thing.
it just goes to show the MSM takes any chance they can get to toss out some negative message to spur debate... even if there's no proof to back it up...
or even if the article's about something else!

i can name my articles "Man Attacks Wife!"
but have it be about him sueing her.

you see, we're all mad here... all of us.

-

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

No need to be that rash, there are many of us who aren't displaying those effects to any noticible degree. I have a deep voice ( my 'coach' said I could probably do a good Barry White impersonation with some work, lol), masculine features and certainly no atrophy of my penis. Impregating you wouldn't be difficult, lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So are we saying that being a female is in fact a "hideous mutation", thought I'd just check.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
While I agree that this is not effecting every male on the planet it is having an effect. There are a lot more "effeminate" males in the world. I'm not talking about homosexuals I'm talking about men who have more feminine traits, so called "metrosexuals" and the like. I agree with johnsky on the issue of female hormones being p###ed into our water table. Introducing any outside hormones can have drastic effects especially over time. Many chemicals that are used also find their way into our food, water, and air. I'm not trying to sound like an enviro-whacko here but we are the cause of this problem and the only way to reverse it is to eliminate the use of some of these chemicals. I have none of the afore mentioned side effects but it is happening more and more to newer generations. I wonder if this is related.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
So are we saying that being a female is in fact a "hideous mutation", thought I'd just check.

That's not what we are saying at all. The thread is about males being born with more feminine traits. Females along with males are natural and are necessary for propagation of the species, neither is a "mutation" but there are certain physical traits that are genetically assigned to each. Those lines are starting to become "blurred" so to speak.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod

Just for humor sake... I'll agree. Yes, you're a hideous mutation.

lol.

No of course that's not what we're saying.
We're saying males that are born with female traits is a mutation.
Just as females born with male traits would be a mutation as well.

But now that you mention it... the lack of facial hair does make me inclined to believe you might not be human.

lol.

No, of course I'm joking!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
ohh well,i guess as a guy and many other men i know around my age are considered more feminine as you say than coal miners from the 50's or something,id have thought it was more social conditioning rather than biological though...mutations are normal anyway,the word mutation makes it sound wrong but its pretty natural..

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

lol, I'm male (last time I checked)

I understand the topic I just thought I'd upset the ladies in here, it is observable however that a lot of circumstances can force the embryo to develop as a female rather than a male. Could it be that the production of a male requires more resources or a more stable environment and if not applicable it defaults to female?

[edit]
I do however have one trait that females maybe envious of, I had a wax strip pull the hairs out on a section of my leg about 5 years ago and to this day it has yet to grow back. I assume this would be the same for the rest of my leg, if only I could bottle it.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread and wear our own apparel; only let us be called by your name, to take away our reproach. (Isa. 4:1)

I always wondered what would happen to the menfolk to make this prophesy come true. Maybe it really is something in the water???

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I dont really believe this

I dont find the men around me feminine, its more of the opposite, I find them all to be a tad masculine

Thats why I generally dont like to be friends with guys because I dont feel like them, and they act like insensitive asshats generally

With women..I can befriend them easier but theres always some sort of competition to it, as if the women keeps telling me "Your a femme guy, I like you, but youll never be a girl like me, so know your limits"

I wish I could blow up the world one day and be done with this ^^

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Maybe you should read what was written.

Think about it - The number one concern of any government should be for the health of its citizens. This comes before ANYTHING.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think the problem is the Political Correctness that children have been exposed to in schools for the past 20 years, and everyone else is exposed to this communist fiasco in the media. This has turned Men into a bunch of softies, and blatant overcompensators mimicking what the TV told them was 'Cool' or 'Tough'.

The worst is what has happened to our schools. The children have been lead astray... right into the arm's of authority; big brother. This is all Pavlovian Conditioning to weaken our resolve, to get us used to relinquishing our power over to someone else - preferably the State. In schools it is teachers, and principals who take the role of 'the authority'; as said, this is all training and indoctrination. Conditioning.

No running! No physical contact! Zero Tolerance for Both (Real school rules nationwide)

This one is so true.

This one is also true,unfortunately is IS an accurate representation.

*Unfortunately, this youngest generation's males are going to be the most feminized (both culturally and chemically), least indepeant and most apathetic yet - and none of it is their fault.

We have all been subjected to a malevolent and controlled manipulation of our culture so as to further enable those seeking power to gain it, and those who have it to gain more - all the while the populace is literally too cowardly to rebel; especially the most likely candidates (young males ) who have been subjected to the majority of the chemical and cultural conditioning, all done apurpose to destroy their potential to resist.

I'm 74, I've watched this happen over my life. It is saddening.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Canadianduder]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Weaker sex though? No.. Sorry. Better wording needed for the thread title.

When you post a new thread in the 'Breaking News' section, you are obliged to use the article title exactly is it is for the thread title. I didn't choose to name the thread like it is.

Originally posted by oconnection
Population control & a less masculine society will equal less aggression. This perhaps will lead to less people willing to stand up and fight against repressive governments. Any thoughts?

Yes this is pretty much my take on it too. Clearly, men are still men in the obvious ways. If there is a conspiracy to feminize men, it is a relatively new or slow process. However, just because men still drink beer, grow beards and arm wrestle, doesn't necessarily mean that their fertility isn't decreasing. In fact, excessive testosterone is known to cause infertility in men. So if you look at the article from a fresh perspective, and instead of equating what it's saying to mean men are becoming more 'camp' and effeminate, consider that it more specifically pertains to fertility, then it's a little less funny.

People often complain about the low birthrates of the Western world. Maybe it isn't for lack of trying.

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by Cythraul

Are you kidding? Do we even live on the same planet? Since when has the health of its people ever been the Government of America's concern?

Hence my use of the word 'should'

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianduder
I think the problem is the Political Correctness that children have been exposed to in schools for the past 20 years, and everyone else is exposed to this communist fiasco in the media. This has turned Men into a bunch of softies, and blatant overcompensators mimicking what the TV told them was 'Cool' or 'Tough'.

The worst is what has happened to our schools. The children have been lead astray... right into the arm's of authority; big brother. This is all Pavlovian Conditioning to weaken our resolve, to get us used to relinquishing our power over to someone else - preferably the State. In schools it is teachers, and principals who take the role of 'the authority'; as said, this is all training and indoctrination. Conditioning.

No running! No physical contact! Zero Tolerance for Both (Real school rules nationwide)

This one is so true.

This one is also true,unfortunately is IS an accurate representation.

*Unfortunately, this youngest generation's males are going to be the most feminized (both culturally and chemically), least indepeant and most apathetic yet - and none of it is their fault.

We have all been subjected to a malevolent and controlled manipulation of our culture so as to further enable those seeking power to gain it, and those who have it to gain more - all the while the populace is literally too cowardly to rebel; especially the most likely candidates (young males ) who have been subjected to the majority of the chemical and cultural conditioning, all done apurpose to destroy their potential to resist.

I'm 74, I've watched this happen over my life. It is saddening.

I am a feminine male...and Im utterly digusted by those few sentences whereas you mention as if feminine men are a devils spawn. Well, theres plenty of men who are still masculine, so dont worry old geezer

You might be 74, but I will not grant you my respect on this level

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercuryae

"I am a feminine male...and Im utterly digusted by those few sentences whereas you mention as if feminine men are a devils spawn."

Devil's Spawn, eh?

Disgusted you say?

That is because you have been conditioned to play the victim and have been taught to always whine and complain to incessantly decry the 'insensitivities' of others, to always make yourself the minority, often artificially - in your case a "Feminine" male who is "disgusted" by words and statements which you deem "politically incorrect".

You even referred to yourself as 'devils's spawn' - low self-esteem eh kiddo?

*In the future, please edit quotes so that they contain only the pertinent data - in any case you didn't even rebut the points I made. So what was the point of even quoting anything? - any excuse to play the victim card eh?

In any case don't worry, you have been conditioned to be the way you are. I have no doubt that some enterprising psychologist will eventually invent a disease for you to be a victim of. Then you can really stick it to us.

If only we could all appreciate your victimhood as much as you do...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianduder
reply to post by Mercuryae

"I am a feminine male...and Im utterly digusted by those few sentences whereas you mention as if feminine men are a devils spawn."

Devil's Spawn, eh?

Disgusted you say?

That is because you have been conditioned to play the victim and have been taught to always whine and complain to incessantly decry the 'insensitivities' of others, to always make yourself the minority, often artificially - in your case a "Feminine" male who is "disgusted" by words that are "politically correct".

You even referred to yourself as 'devils's spawn' - low self-esteem eh kiddo?

*In the future, please edit quotes so that they contain only the pertinent data - in any case you didn't even rebut the points I made. So what was the point of even quoting anything?

Go go tough guy

The fact is that I am a minority having genderdysphoria ( Perhaps I should have been clearer on this part ), often shunned by upon by others, threatened and mistreated. Ive endured too much , for my taste

YOU didnt experience that, simply because you dont feel that way

Why dont you educate yourself into the actual lives people with this condition have, perhaps it should give you some insigh you havent had in all those 74 whole years ^^

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry

On the other hand, women being somewhat resourceful, could probably

I know many women who are not resourceful

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I just want to point out to you hysterics that no one forces you to eat at McDonalds or buy your food, you are perfectly able to grow your own.

Far too many of you come across as a bit more than flaky when it comes to this stuff.

If everyone were truly out to get you?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join