It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potent of Sound.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Not sure where to post, I concluded to Gray Area as following is not mainstream science nor it is merely fantasy.

For a while, let's consider the potential of sound. For example, one can break a crystal glass with high-pitch note - with sound you can inflict actual pain to those who can't block their ears! For everyone, there are more pleasant and more unpleasant sounds, as there are pleasant and unpleasant images for eyes and imagination. In hypnosis, which is nowadays accepted method of treatment in psychology, the calming effect is made with the sound and a visual stimulus. Certain hi- or low-frequency sounds can cause unrest and fear in animals, why not in humans too? And what about other effects it can have on living tissue? Can sound heal? Can it even cut? For sure it can damage structures, if it causes specific vibration!

All this has made me think about the force of certain words like mantras and prayers, music and all the noise generally; Why it is often said to withdraw in silence? We cannot decently focus when there are lots of disturbing noises. And afterall, we are the basis of measurement to what is disturbing; someone can easily focus on his task when noisy music plays in one's ears. But then a sudden noise of a cow can put us in totally different thoughts.

Some Japanese research with water has shown that certain pitches of notes and even words cause alteration in water. We are also mainly composed on water, therefore would it be impossible to think, that the 'alignment of our waters' can actually affect our feelings?

I recall in a book called Treatise on White Magick by Alice Bailey written 1934, she mentioning that after inventing nuclear power mankind will begin to realize the power of sound, which is even more fundamental than nuclear power. I wonder if we really are at the edge of the era of sound.

What do you think?

-v

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Sound is a vibration, a wave. Different frequencies of waves (different wavelengths) can or cannot go through certain type of materials.

There is no difference with us. We can hear a certain range of frequencies (typically in the range from about 40Hz to 15000Hz, broader or narrower), which means that those vibrations interact with our ears. Light, which is a wave too, doesn't affect our ears, but our eyes. We can't hear ultrasound, neither see ultraviolet, for instance.

Your thoughts are interesting, but I believe that you cannot restrain that reasoning to "sound" only, but to vibrations, waves. Some surgeries are nowadays commonly done using laser (which is also a wave). All we need is to know what exact wave we have to use in order to perform something, somewhere.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Since sound never dissipates, where does it go if it can't penetrate certain materials? Do the wavelengths "bump" into something impenetrable and "break up" into different types of wavelengths?

Sorry if these are stupid questions; I'm not very bright.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

A wave actually "dissipates".

Picture this:
Water. A pool, for instance. Throw in the water some object, let's say a stone. The waves on the water are just that: waves, vibrations. If you had thrown the stone on a wall of concrete, it would have made vibrations too, but you wouldn't see them, because they'd be too small, and almost immediately "dead". However, you would still hear the sound that these waves do (the "knock" sound as the stone hits the wall).

The waves in the water die too. They hit the sides of the pool, are "bounced back", etc. and end up becoming smaller and smaller, until the surface is at rest again.

All waves have the same (roughly...) behaviour. An sound isolated recording studio is another example. The surface of the walls is made of some material that "absorbs" the sound waves instead of bouncing them back into the room. In a church, the reverberation of the sounds is due to the fact that the stone walls are actually not absorbing sound, but bouncing it back in the space of the church.

Even light can be compared: rest in a "totally" black room (that's near impossible, but...). Lit up a flashlight. Let the light beam touch a dark surface and observe around you. You don't see a lot of the room. Let the light beam hit a mirror, or a very bright, white or very light colored surface: you see (much) more of the room, all of a sudden! That's because the light wave is bounced back or absorbed differently by some matters/colors...

This is only a brief & rough summary of a much more complex thing to explain, but you can see how it goes...
I hope I helped you understand a bit more.

[Edited for some typing mistakes]

[edit on 7-12-2008 by SpookyVince]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
but I believe that you cannot restrain that reasoning to "sound" only, but to vibrations, waves.

Indeed you are correct! Sound is merely a method to produce these waves and I think for example motion being another. Sound (or motion, or some another force capable doing same trick) is merely the key to the lock. For my ashamement, I cannot recall where, but somewhere I read about a theory brains might be working with sound impulses instead of electricy. And according that article, it explains quite many wormholes that they have in electricity theory. I'd like now to give another look on that article, but as said, I cannot recall where it was and am unable to find it at the moment.

-v

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks, Spooky Vince. I don't know where I heard/learned that sound waves never dissipate but I was obviously misinformed. Thanks for the correction.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Also with what Vince said you have Cymatics(had to google for name).

Which is how sound waves produce different patterns depending on the frequency. Really cool stuff. You can see that depending on the instrument and sound wave that it produces some beautiful shapes and patterns.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

This why I am considering that it is possible to look into the past and hear what was said long ago (no matter how far) as long as you are measuring from the right place.

When you are in an acoustic room, your voice echos. The original sound is still there (in a way) in the form of the echo, which is the wave as it can be heard bouncing off of an object. If you knew the properties of the object (it's texture, material, etc), then using that information, you would be able to calculate (based on some unknown-to-me algorithm) the original sound if the echo you sourced had only bounced off of one object before the waves reached your device. The ability to measure into the distant past would defined by the sensitivity of the measuring instrument, the information known of the object(s) it bounced off of, and the algorithm used, and of course the mind of the persons who came up with all these concepts. Ha. Now, I don't know of any such devices, but other people or other beings may have this technology. They may also possess technology, therefore, that blocks our attempts to hear their own communications, maybe simply by communicating psychicly.

There may even be ways to read the minds of others if there were devices sensitive enough to remotely or covertly measure and translate the resulting brain wave activity.

So, basically in theory if I am correct, you can see back into the future and read someone else's mind with the right gear and the right information. Sounds cool to me as long as it's in the right hands. However, history and current times show us that those in power misuse it in order to keep it from those who are not at their level. Really though, what is the point in reading the minds of those thought to be lesser than you are? For example, if you're a college student, why read the mind of a first grader?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

As far as my layman's mind knows, sound requires a medium for propagation. The medium consumes the sound waves and converts the energy to heat. Once the conversion occurs, the original signal or recognizable pattern is lost in the background noise. I can't see how one could reverse the process unless you already knew what the conversation was to begin with - thereby defeating the purpose of the experiment.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

supposedly there is a weapon out there that emits such a high frequency it liquifies the brain. i doubt liquifying but i dont doubt killing with sound. cutting with it, no. punching through and causing huge gaping holes, yes. fact of the matter is sound is dependent on so many factors, density of the medium it moves through, the pitch, the size of the wave as it hits, and more. to control the sound to a point where the wave only causes cuts is a rather difficult concept to deal with. to send a blast of sound that can punch through something at a set distance, quite different and easier to work with. take sonic booms for example, breaking the sound barrier. it punches through air, not slices it. and it sets up a tunnel essentially to maintain the speed. and its easier to cause lasting damage or incapacitate someone with a punch than a cut, so for weaponry, punching with a sound is better. a good concussion blast and a shockwave can knock someone down and cause internal hemorraging. just food for thought.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
try reasurching sonic warfare or sonic weaponry, love my sound systems so it was a good read.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Cymatics (or a visible representation of variable frequency's)

Also check out Archaeoacoustics

The ICRL team appear as if they might be on the brink of scientifically linking the 110 Hz primary resonance band with effects on the brain: current experiments are showing that the specific frequency range around 110 Hz tends to stimulate a certain electrical brain rhythm associated with particular trance-like states.

An effectively random selection of megalithic chambered sites in England and Ireland were tested for their natural (primary) resonant frequencies, with only the great chambered passage-mound of Newgrange in Ireland being pre-selected due to the need for special permission. The findings surprised the ICRL researchers: all the investigated chambers were found to have a natural primary resonance frequency in the 95-120 Hertz band, with most at 110-112 Hz – this despite variations in sizes and shapes of the chambers. There was even some evidence of “retro-fitting”, as if internal features within the chambers had been placed to “tune” the natural resonance to the required frequency. The great chamber of Newgrange resonates effectively at 110 Hz, and the 19m (62-foot) passage behaves like a wind instrument, with sound waves generated within the chamber filling it, their amplitude decreasing towards the entrance.

--

More on the use of sound and architecture

In subsequent OTSF testing, stone rooms in ancient temples in Malta were found to match the same pattern of resonance, registering at the frequency of 110 or 111 hz. This turns out to be a significant level [right] for the human brain. Whether it was deliberate or not, the people who spent time in such an environment were exposing themselves to vibrations that impacted their minds.

So... England, Ireland, Scotland, Malta and indeed other parts of the world, many ANCIENT sites and circles and supposed tombs resonated at a certain frequency (from 95-120 Hz, particularly near 110-12Hz) , the same frequency range as our vocals.

Findings indicated that at 110 hz the patterns of activity over the prefrontal cortex abruptly shifted, resulting in a relative deactivation of the language center and a temporary switching from left to right-sided dominance related to emotional processing. People regularly exposed to resonant sound in the frequency of 110 or 111 hz would have been "turning on" an area of the brain that bio-behavioral scientists believe relates to mood, empathy and social behavior.

Certainly puts another spin on how language and sound 'tune' into our brain, how a certain word can change your mood, maybe it's not just about the signifiers of the word, but the tone of the word?

A recent study [2] evaluated the possibility that tones at these frequencies might specifically affect regional brain activity. In a pilot project, 30 healthy adults listened to tones at 90, 100, 110, 120, and 130 Hz while brain activity was monitored with electroencephalography (EEG). Activity in the left temporal region was found to be significantly lower at 110 Hz than at other frequencies. Additionally, the pattern of asymmetric activity over the prefrontal cortex shifted from one of higher activity on the left at most frequencies to rightsided dominance at 110 Hz.

These findings are compatible with relative deactivation of language centers and a shift in prefrontal activity that may be related to emotional processing. (see Left Brain:Right Brain by Dan Eden). These intriguing pilot findings suggest that the acoustic properties of ancient structures may influence human brain function, and suggest that chanting might have been used to enhance right brain activities.

Anyway, here's more juicy stuff.

www.aniwilliams.com...

SCROLL HALFWAY DOWN ON THE ABOVE LINK FOR A BRAIN/FREQUENCY TABLE

“Correct teachings find all their principles in musical tones. When the tones are correct, men’s conduct is correct. Sounds and music are what agitates and stirs arteries and veins; what circulates through the life-essences and gives to the heart harmony and rectitude.

Thus the note ‘kong’ moves the spleen and brings man in harmony with perfect holiness; the note ‘chang’ moves the lungs and brings man in harmony with perfect justice; the note ‘kio’ moves the liver and brings man in harmony with perfect goodness; the note ‘tche’
moves the heart and brings man in harmony with perfect rites; the note ‘yu’
moves the kidneys and brings man in harmony with perfect wisdom.”

‘The Historical Memoirs of Su-Ma-Tsien’, 100 B.C. from
‘The magic of Tone and the Art of Music’ by Dane Rudhyar

ENJOY!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
reply to post by whitewave

A wave actually "dissipates".

A wave can actually be absorbed, diffused or reflected.

The lower the frequency the harder it is to 'diffuse' and 'absorb' (this is why you can generally only ever hear the bass from music in another room or passing car as the lower waves tend to carry through things), whilst higher frequencies can be diffused and reflected with less effort.

Compared to a reflective surface, which will cause most of the energy to be reflected off at an angle equal to the angle of incidence, a diffusor will cause the sound energy to be radiated in many directions, hence leading to a more diffusive acoustic space. It is also important that a diffusor spreads reflections in time as well as spatially. Diffusors can aid sound diffusion, but this is not why they are used in many cases; they are more often used to remove coloration and echoes.

en.wikipedia.org...(acoustics)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
From what I understand:

The human body produces chemicals, the human body also creates electric impulses. The human brain can also create electromagnetic resonances, the human voice can also produce sound. So, the electric impulses create instincts as they interract directly with the body through the nervous system. Emotions are created when various chemicals are released that remain in the body for extended periods of time, a pattern of emotional generation combined with electric frequencies create the finer human emotions. Moods and a sense of "spirit" is created with the more prolonged discharge of chemicals, combined with an uninterrupted electromagnetic resonance of the human mind. The more subtle emotions are created though sound, when we hear people talking in different tones, and we also pick up on the very very subtle waves of sound, we also feel different emotions, and tune to different resonances.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just wanted to add few links to this thread, in case some random surfer stumbles upon this thread, looking for information about possibilities of sound:

Six mystical notes ATS thread by user WashingtonGrewHemp.

The thread while speculative contains good information about the potent of sound.

RE: Six mystical notes ATS thread by user bulletproof_monk.

Responese thread to the first, where bulletproof_monk has made the effort to actually record the notes mentioned on first thread at the frequency of 432hz.

Why is A440hz bad and how it is connected with nazis and NWO ATS thread by user Maya432.

Informative thread about various frequencies of modern day music; while speculative, there is some proof that music recorder at frequency A440hz is not necessarily a good thing.

Musical Cult Control .PDF file by dr. Leonard Horowitz (DMD, MA, MPH)

The short paper is about frequencies and Rockefeller foundation's meddling with music and how consciousness may be affected through music and it's frequencies.

-v

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Nice thread btw S+F
In the Vedas written 5000+ years ago sounds seemed to have a specific purpose and each purpose had its own sound thus the creation of Mantras to address these issues, Health and Wealth to name a few which were attributed to Mantras and then to its appropriate deity for extra potency. These mantras seemed to be also attributed to powering their Vimanas in some way (Resonance) Mercury Vortex Engine and a way of tapping into that illusive Aether(Zero Point Energy) alas these mantras are lost........but it seems not lost forever, Nicola Tesla studied these sciences and used them in his own work.
Resonating Vortex in a glass of water.
another interesting page and excellent Source.
I myself was studying ZPE when I stumbled onto this subject.
It seems the US government may have inherited a lot from their Nazi acquisitions...........TR3B which is said to also use the Mercury Vortex Engine used in Vedic Legend.

Sound and Resonance is factual science including its affects on the human anatomy so it would go here or in the Science forum.
Yes sound does dissipate ........unless you feed it through a amplifier (MIC) in which case it starts a feedback loop increasing in power each time its amplified until the speaker blows. Resonance in its destructive form.
edit on 20-12-2010 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Thanks DO,

Yes, movenment creates sound and sound creates movement as does electricity create magnetism and magnetism electricity. These forces all might be interconnected somehow and proper usage can make wonders. I am not sure if Vimanas were actual flying machines (yes, I know that what Vedas says), but I think they might refer to the vessel of unconscious, which can also make you fly
That is just my opinion tho, and I don't mean to argue with you.

Thanks for the link you provided. They may be helpful for those who seek

-v

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sound and vibrations are indeed very powerful forces. There are many instances of the beneficial and healing powers of sound. Although many people may be skeptical and doubt some of the claims

Believe it or not but even your thoughts make sounds. There are scientific studies being conducted right now where monkeys and humans are controlling robotic machines using brain wave activity.

Many religions and cultures have know and practiced using the power of sound. One example would be the Aum mantra chant of Buddhist monks. When done correctly it is supposed to complete a full cycle of healing frequencies,

There are also examples modern.of sound therapy that you can find on youtube right now. That have been labeled as to the beliefs of what to focus and meditate on when listening to certain frequencies.

There is also a claim that aliens have encoded a message for us inside crop circles reguarding the power of sound to actually repair our damaged DNA.

here is one link that will allow you to try it for yourself

www.youtube.com...

you can follow the other links on here for other frequencies

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
On the negative aspect of sound being used against the human population look into some of the conspiracy theories concerning the HAARP program.

Some believe it is being used to control the weather and others believe it is sending out signals for mind control and brain washing.

Some say it was already put in use during the first war with Iraq. And that was the reason many of the Iraqi soldiers gave up laid down their guns and practically kissed the feet of the invading American troops

new topics

top topics

join