It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security certificate error warning?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have a yellow bar at the top of my page with this...

to help protect your security, internet explorer blocked this site from displaying content with security certificate errors

I like to think I know quite a bit about computers but I will openly admit I know nothing about security certificates, anyone know about this?

Am I the only one getting this?
Is something going on with the site?
Is this something to be concerned about?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Seemed to be a glitch with the advertising panes. I was getting security warning for both the one at the top and the one on the right side.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm glad someone posted this. I am getting the same thing here, I am not 100% sure but it could have something to do with the ad that takes you to this page:

www.menactra.com/what_is_menactra.html

Don't click unless you are protected.

Every time that ad loads I get the same alert in the OP.

(shortened oversized link)

[edit on 5/12/08 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sorry... correction... still am getting these. Someone in ATS IT should take a look at this.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Same thing here....
Maybe thats why the page turned shades of brown.
It's all in the conspiracy I swear!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
In theory I could just let the yellow bar sit there and try to ignore it but I'm listening to music and every time I open a page I hear "BLIP!" as you can probably imagine it's getting quite annoying after about 20 pages I have opened now.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

Same thing happening here. It is annoying, every page I go to a....bllliiippp. I u2u'd a moderator, asking what it is all about, and was it happening all over?

Haven't heard back from him. But since you posted this, I know I am not the only one having the problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Got that happening here too. I dont allow any pop ups anyway and I got my firewalls and anti-virus programs blocking out any non-verifiable adverts all the time.

I dont mind closing the warning box, its keeping my pc safe and secure.

Cheers!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Mod said they are looking into it.. and I haven't had that particular ad load in a bit now... so maybe they fixed it just by blocking that particular ad.

Kudos to the staff for prompt attention regardless.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That www.menactra.com ad is gone now and so is the problem.

Edit: It's back again.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I suspected it was that add too becasue everything was fine until that ad started to show up and then a few pages later, the security warning routine. Now its gone and the warning is gone.

Good job staff!! Thanks!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Dammit... still getting it
Guess I go do something else and give em a chance to get it fixed.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
And still getting the "security warning"....

been happening here as well.

~Holly

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm getting it, too, but it just started this afternoon for me.

Odd....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
BLIP! Mods BLIP! please BLIP! help BLIP! going BLIP! crazy BLIP! must BLIP! log BLIP! out BLIP! now BLIP! I'll BLIP! check BLIP! back BLIP! later BLIP!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And now a poll question to the members of abovetopsecret.com.

Which causes you more concern?

A. The Barack Obama birth certificate issue?

B. The security certificate issue?

Blip

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We're on it... I am getting it too.

This is why we are working so hard at getting "Direct Sales" for the advertising support of the site so we can be rid of the huge networks that simply can't keep track of the thousands of campaigns they each have running at once.

Your patience is appreciated as it can take a while to narrow down which ad(s), out of the tens of thousands of possible ads, is the culprit...

Hang in there and rest assured we are just as annoyed as anyone else is.

Springer...

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There is no risk, it's simply over-active IE security giving you an ambiguous alert.

The Menactra ad appears to have elements being delivered from a secure certificate site (https) and the certificate is unsigned... not an abnormal condition at all.

I'm alert the ad provider, and see if we can get that ad blocked until it's fixed... however, I doubt we're the only one complaining.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The specific campaign form the SanofiAventis pharma company has been located, and a rejection noticed applied. It should take 15-30 minutes for the ad to be negated from our rotation.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thanks
Always impressive just how quickly things get taken care of around here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join