It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God had a suggestion box

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What would you oh man put in that suggestion box on how he should handle the universe ?

Seriously if God were taking suggestions ...I would really like to hear what you yourself would suggest he do about everything .....or anything ..

Lets hear oh great mankind (who cant even solve the most basic problems of life in your own households) ...serious answers only please ...

PS ...lets assume that there is a GOD and there is free will with us OKAY >> and lets assume that he wont interfere unless he has to .
And if he had to intervene what should he do to stop some of the things that are going on ..

Come on I really am curious what you would do to solve even a small bit of our world problems ....if you were the man in charge (God)
Just put yourself in his shoes ok ....

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I would abolish money and turn golf courses into giant vegetable gardens to feed the worlds poor.
I would make new energy sources to help with the no money thing.. and I would get rid of any being who wants to have power or control over their fellow man.
I would also allow communication with all animals so we can get an idea of what they know and how they feel.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah ok now we are getting somewhere ..that is good ..thanks for replying ...
But ....could you please tell me how you would get man to do those things if he refuses to even ask for your advice or listen to your suggestions ?
Oh and how would you send this message out there ?
for instance (speak outloud from heaven,give someone a dream of it or vision of it and send them out to start working on it ,send someone who was human to tell it to other humans in an instruction book etc )

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I will have to think about that b4 replying.Let me think about that first.
2 line post!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

I would abolish money and turn golf courses into giant vegetable gardens to feed the worlds poor.
I would make new energy sources to help with the no money thing.. and I would get rid of any being who wants to have power or control over their fellow man.
I would also allow communication with all animals so we can get an idea of what they know and how they feel.

I have some more questions .
If you did abolish money ..and grew giant gardens ...to feed the poor ..you would have to first decide who is poor and who is not poor and just wanting a hand out ...(How would you decide who gets the food and who does not ?) And would you then be willing to sit and watch those who didnt get the food (for whatever reasons) starve ...because you cannot make them work right ? Would you be able to do that ? Or what would you do to make them work so they would not starve ?

What did you mean get rid of those who have power ? And how would you do that ? ........

The animal idea sounds cool but what if they really had nothing to say except I WANNA EAT you for dinner or FEED ME ...let me be lazy and do nothing except what I wanna do etc ....lol .....in other words they have added nothing or taken away anything except more of the same (what they do now) bark when you dont want them to bark ..chit on your carpet when you want them to chit outside ..be picky about what they want to eat etc ...
They really can sometimes be worse than having a child except they do mind a little better but only with constant discipline ....(where a child wont even mind half the time even with alot of discipline) ............

Oh and if we had no Golf Courses etc (play things) for people to do after all day of work etc ...(No fun nothing but work ) what on earth would people do for entertainment to break the monotony (cant spell) of our lives of just working sleeping eating and chitting ?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well if it happened today...I would feed Africa first.They are the poor.Actually with no money we are all poor but now are in the same boat.We would all be even.No power anymore.Your status is gone.
It would be simple...you would work or you don't get anything.Remember the chicken little story??Don't expect others hard work to be given to you.
It would be that because we are doing a good thing that everybody would help and work for the simple essentials.Not working would make you feel guilty for not helping your community.Essentials is what people need...not a golf course that takes acres of land for rich games.Why not play pool instead...it takes less earth.(earth that could be used to feed the poor and homeless.)

I would get rid of those in power by abolishing money....what runs the world today???MONEY!!!
Whether someone works or not,they still need essentials.They still need to eat.They would either feel guilty having us give it to them or we would feel compassionately ashamed that we had to give it to them for nothing.
The animal idea I just thought of bcuz I know alot of very smart animals that you would swear are as smart as humans.Also for the reason that I could ask them...what the hell are you looking at over in the corner...I don't see anything.Maybe the dog would say...holy chit I just saw a ghost,or when a natural disaster is coming I can just ask him if he feels anything...you know work together to figure out life.
Entertainment would be easy...go do what you want,you are free.Go play soccer or go watch the stars.Anything you wanted would be allowed as long as it doesn't hurt people and as long as the intentions and motives were good.

Now let me ask you.What would you change and how would you do it??

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ok good answers ....but still what if they do not ever feel guilty about anything (alot of people do not seem to even have a concience) ...and feel as if anything they do is right and moral when in fact it is not .Would you let them starve ? or would you in your kind heart let them at least eat ...even if they did not deserve it ? .........

Your right about the money and the power ..and for sure I would add that to my list too ...(I hate MONEY and I hate what it does to people who have it and those who want it so bad they would do anything to anyone to get it ) ...
The Golf Course ..yeah ok ..I see your point ..and I can agree with that ..
The Animal thing ..yeah lol that would be cool .....but what if we had that same senses and just do not listen to it or exercise them ...I think everyone could if they were listening better ..(we are all too busy with TV ..the Computers and our toys etc ...and our worries etc) ..

Hmm ..what would I do ...Ok I am going to think on that and get back to ya .
I do have somethings that I would suggest ..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I personally think that someone just needs to get them people out of Africa and Zimbabwe ...Since there is no water ,no natural resources to sustain them and a Gov who gets LOTS of money from their diamond mines and from our giving funds to help their people which they never SEE .....

I would go there and do something even before I would have Iraq or Afganistan ...Those people in Africa needed help (not money) YEARS AGO .
Why do we still send so much money >? They are obviously not getting it .

We have kids on our streets now who need food and money .Why dont we (our GOV who gives so much to help the poor of other countries) help our own FIRST and FOREMOST ..then whats left instead of going to the moon or whatever ..use that money to help the poor in other countries ..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Posted in God's suggestion box....

No more Religions please....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
LOL andolin ....okay ..cool ...thanks for replying ..

Ok my turn .

I would get rid of money ....and go back to trading between ourselves ..
I would take away stuff that everyone has to much of and pass it out to those who have nadda ...(not those who dont work etc ) but those who work their butts off and cant ever get ahead .
I would make sure there was free help to those who needed it (no strings)
Like if someone is disabled and no one is there for them ..everyone in the neighborhood would have a designated day to tend to that persons needs .(Clean their house ..cook their meals or whatever is needed) ..Or I would make that a mandatory thing for anyone who gets in trouble ...Like if you steal you mow at least 2 yard a week for FREE for someone who needs it ..
Prisons would only be for the very serious criminals ..all others would go to a rehab or a halfway house of some sort where they could be RETRAINED to do something other than steal ...or whatever ...If check writing is a problem or gambling or drugs etc ...thats what would be dealt with ..(not just tossed in jail and forgotten about ) what good is that doing for anyone ?

Another thing ..all non believers in the Lord would have to LIVE with for at least a month a REAL Christian family ...just so they would get rid of all their ideas of how bad all Christians are just because they met a few bad apples ..
Same goes for Islamic beliefs or whatever ..they (those who HATE ALL RELIGIOUS PEOPLES) ...need to OBSERVE the lives of these people in PERSON not just from some news article or whatever .

Ok jobs ..well everyone would have a job because if you have nothing to trade then you will starve ...If someone has no skills (like cleaning or carpentry work or whatever to trade with)they would learn one ..there would be mandatory training of at least one person per month for everyone who did have a trade .....................

And ...we all would go back to horse and buggy lol ...except for long distance travelling ..

And if people are mean to other people ..they would have to live with a real meanie for awhile just so they get enough that they wont want to be be that way ever again ..

I know it all sounds stupid ..since it is really just wishful thinking on what we could do in the here and now to change things right now ...(we dont even want to ..or we would already be out in our neighborhoods helping others .)We would have already changed some things for the better (which we have not done because we like our own spoiled way of life ) we are too comfy and too self oriented .....plain and simple .so nothing is going to get better ..it is only going to get worse ..we can change what we do ...but we cannot control what others do .so it would not work anyway ...

This is not what I had in mind ...I was really hoping all those great wise ones from those other threads who complain about how God does things would come and share what they themselves would do ..instead of complaining on how it was done ...or will be done etc .........But guess they dont have any suggestions on how they could do it better .............

So never mind then ...it was a good thought anyway ..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Dear God,

I know I may not be one of you followers...but can you ask your people to back off a bit? Also, can you tell them exactly what you mean? I've asked 12 people and gotten 13 answers...

Thank you

PS. Nothing personal of course...I've found my own way and she has taken care of me well beyond what I had hoped

-Kyo

[edit on 5-12-2008 by KyoZero]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Spoken like a true atheist..But very funny..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
very interesting

I am by no means an athiest and that was by no means a joke

-Kyo

ALSO...I will admit I edited that after you posted...I realized that sounded athiest...not your fault at all...sorry for the confusion

[edit on 5-12-2008 by KyoZero]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

No problem...
I got your point..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
well I assume you wanted truth

I spent several years as a Pagan being told I am wrong. That is fine...I have no issue withyou think I am going to hell...it doesn't effect or phase me....but I cannot find two Christians who agree on all matters of the bible. Now I realize it's impossible to ever find that but the thing is, when I am being imposed upon by all sides who cannot agree...how do I sort it out? translate for myself? What if I am wrong?

I have this funny feeling you aren't pleased with my answer. That is fine if you aren't...if you are however then skip this next part with my full apologies

What I am tired of is being treated as inferior....now let us pretend God is in fact real as a Christian will believe. I believe in a Pagan goddess...I am wrong. I will pay for this in the afterlife...

If this Christian approaches me over and over and I tel them not interested...how does it hurt them? Why not leave me and others alone and let us 'go to hell' in so many words?

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hi Kyo ...funny I always think I am the one inferior ....seriously I do ..thats why I named my nick SimplyNoOne...because I am aware of how insignificant I really am ...the world does not revolve around me at all .....

As far as why they wont just leave you alone ....maybe some really do care about you and your soul that really should make you feel good since no one else really gives a crap what happens to others ....even if it irritates you why not just thank them for being concerned with you and take it all as a compliment ? ............then there are those that just think they are earning points to get a spot in heaven (Jehovah Witnesses) and even some Christains think they can earn their way by works into heaven .(they cannot ) .........

As far as not talking about God etc ...how often do you talk about your beliefs with your godesses etc to them ? And if you do alot maybe it is because that is your love and talking about God and Christ is our love ...(at least thats how I see it ) ...He is most important to me ..and I just want to share him with others .And that is what our good book tell us to do ..Dont your books tell you what things you need to do or to buy to make your potions pr spells or whatever you do ? .....dont you get advice from her and share it with others ..(Crystal balls fortune telling etc ) .?

It is really no different than meeting someone you fall madly in love with ..and wanna tell everyone about it and want to introduce him to everyone ..because to you he is very special and you want everyone to meet him .

I know it gets irritating ...but it gets just as irritating to hear how us Christians are so very terrible and everyone wishes we would just disappear or die ...and they get blamed for every evil under the sun ..(even if we had nothing to do with it ) ......why just because we care about other people and truly want to help others to know the Lord that we know ? that is kinda sick if you ask me ...they would rather put up with the worst person in the world than a Christian ...(Sort of like how they wanted Barrabus set free while they killed the innocent man (Jesus) ) ........................

I have a friend (neighbor) who believe all sorts of things ..many gods godesses ...positive thinking,etc etc ...reading self help books etc ...
She shares all of it with me ..her many hours while doing yoga ..her positive thinking books ..her praying to a earth godess who is gonna heal her etc .
I get very tired of it ..but she cares so much about me that she wants to make sure that I understand that there are other ways to believe etc ..(I find her beliefs to be very potluck like ..all you can eat etc ) ....and I just listen intently and say I do appreciate you careing about me that much ..and we go off on a different subject eventually ..I consider it a good thing ..because her beliefs are near and dear to her ...and she just wants to share them with me .......and of course I get to tell her about mine ..(she dont like it one bit when its my turn) .....why is it that it is ok for her to talk about her beliefs but it is not ok for me to discuss mine with her ?SELFISHNESS ...Thats what I call it .............and I tell her that ..(yes we are still friends lol) ..........

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Ok I liked your reply on what you would do if you had the chance.
First I will answer the questions.
I would not feel guilty for letting someone starve.If they are gonna be a weak link for everybody then I can trim the fat without conscience.

You lost me with the living with a christian family stuff.I think at that point I would choose to not be a part of society as I don't want to know how a christian family lives.I don't care if they are bad or not...thats their problem not mine and I would never agree to live like that.
If you look at what I wrote if I had the chance you will see that I can be humane and caring yet I don't have a religion.hint hint
In my mind the religious of the world are the ones that look at the finger being pointed and not at what the finger is pointing at.Thousands of wars prove my point.
I know how a christian family lives...my last girlfriend and her family were in skin deep.I found them to be absolutely moronic in the way they neglect their wrong doings.They were such a good christian family that in the 3 yrs I went out with her she actually had 4 other boyfriends and her family knew.They never told me and let it all happen.Good christians!!
In the end they portrayed it like I was what she had to go thru to get to god.My feelings NEVER mattered...as long as she could find a way to justify what she did...thru religion!!!!They were never willing to be held accountable and acted like I was the bad one.hmmmmmmm

Trying to reason with a religious person is like trying to win an asskicking contest with 1 leg.

My point was if you wanted people to go live with christian families for a month...then I would not feel free.I would feel like it is being rammed down my throat bcuz they have some kinda petty notion that YOU need to be saved.Again...watching the finger point but not watching where or what its pointing at.
No religion if I had my say.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It is quite alright if they wish to talk to me. I have had countless discussions of God, the other religions, and all sorts f spiritual matters. When they try to convert me is when I say thanks but no thanks...sometimes it ends their and we carry on as before...sometimes they get annoyed or offended...and sometimes they look at me as a soul to save. I don't need the saving just as you don't need it from me.

I talk about her alot with my close friends. In what I have learned and been taught I don't go to others because I believe in God as another god...not the one and only. Besides...it doesn't bother me one bit if you believe as you do. I don't harm you and you don't harm me so yay us!

Also..if you eve rmeet a Pagan who harrasses you about joining his/her faith...you tell them they are no better either...it isn't chrsitians I am against...it's anyone who feels superior for whatever belief they hold...religious...political...doesn't matter

people need to get over themselves

either way

nice topic and good luck with it friend

You aren't remotely inferior in my mind...we're all equal

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Dear God,

I know I may not be one of you followers...but can you ask your people to back off a bit? Also, can you tell them exactly what you mean? I've asked 12 people and gotten 13 answers...

Thank you

PS. Nothing personal of course...I've found my own way and she has taken care of me well beyond what I had hoped

-Kyo

You beat me to it. That is what I would suggest too.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hire a freakin secretary since you're obviously over your head with the world today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join