It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do threads have to be elaborate to be successful?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Originally posted by majestictwo

Absolutely!

They are always very elaborate and chock full of that extra touch. For the perfect example see this amazing 707 page thread. I dare say it is the largest ongoing topic of all the boards forums. Quite an elaborate co operation of members.

A must see for any one seeking successful threads.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The key to success is your definition of success for that particular topic. The definition of success, for me varies wildly but is always associated with what I want from the topic. For example, for a topic that I'm trying to understand, just the process of writing the topic will help me be successful in that understanding (literally going through the logic process) and I'm not concerned with replies so much but I will take the time to read them to see if anyone adds anything to my understanding of it. Other times, for a topic that I feel passionate that information get out to as many people as possible, I am very concerned with getting a large number of replies and/or flags and will not hesitate to ask people in the post to flag the post if they see fit.

[edit on 27/1/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by majestictwo

Originally posted by majestictwo

Absolutely!

They are always very elaborate and chock full of that extra touch. For the perfect example see this amazing 707 page thread. I dare say it is the largest ongoing topic of all the boards forums. Quite an elaborate co operation of members.

A must see for any one seeking successful threads.

Thanks Advisor it sure creates a lot of posts but not my cup of tea.
I guess if we can get to page two then that’s a marginal success. I guess everyone likes to be recognised in a way. Stars and flags are great and it’s a real WoooHoo when you get an applause all of these thing are positive reinforcement for a successful thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I basically like to join any thread from the beginning, say.. didn't get passed 2 pages yet.

Sometimes the elaborate OPs can be boring, and sometimes you have some fantastic posters like Mike Singh, Oz Weatherman, Zorgon, or Internos that can make a thread worth the reading even if the OP was long.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
if you just want replies all you have to do is make people angry saying somthing ignorant and they will respond (be a troll), or post in the spiritual boards with a question like "how can i be more spiritual".

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungStalin
if you just want replies all you have to do is make people angry saying somthing ignorant and they will respond (be a troll), or post in the spiritual boards with a question like "how can i be more spiritual".

I would make a terrible Troll, It doesn’t take very long here for trolls to be identified and then you get ignored and that’s not what I’m about. Thanks for the info but no thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join