It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me, What makes whites racist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is the same here in Australia. The white people are called racist by the black people. Yet over the years I have found most black Australians to be far more racist towards the whites!

Much of the beliefs are based on the lack of social equality, or the perception of it. Black Australians have been on the receiving end of Postive Discrimination for the longest time, so that they have been provided all the trappings of white civilisation and have abused it to the point that they destroy the housing provided, leave the government supplied vehicles on the roadside if it breaks down.. some have even swapped the vehicles for alcohol.. in a worst case scenario, etc.

The concepts of racism are deeply inbred into the aboriginal peoples in general.

At the same time I do understand that many would prefer to live in their old ways, and the government will not allow it to the degree it once was. Whites on the other hand do not get the option, are not welcome on the traditonal lands, and will not be accepted in the black communities.

I find this very sad indeed.

To me all people are people. We all bleed red, we all have family, we are all human beings in this boat together. It is now time to share and row the boat together!!

My concern is that in the coming years, with the events about to occur here, many aboriginal people will be left to fend for themselves and not be included in the groups who seek shelter and safety. This too is saddening.

My hope is that blacks and white in my country would see their sameness as human beings, and then act accordingly for the benefit of all people. And I know this actioning must start with me!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by magnetik

But do not black people say it more...white people might say it in a bad form but go to a fed prison and do your study and you will find that the way a prison works is by racism.
Blacks with the blacks and hispanics with the hispanics and white with white.I hear black guys say the ole N word a whole lot more then white dudes.
Racism is ignorance thru and thru.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I hear black guys say the ole N word a whole lot more then white dudes.
Racism is ignorance thru and thru.

Ni**a and Ni**er are completely different. It almost amazes me that white folks haven't realized this yet.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Reply to "The Scarecrow"

It doesn't matter between the two for a white guy. I white guy probably would get beat up for saying the "N-word" and ending it with -a, -er, or -let, just because he's white.

The same generally can't be said if a black guy calls a white guy cracker or honky. At least I've never seen it happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As a newbie here I was a bit hesitant to post to this subject. Some of the comments here I find very sad and ignorant. What is up with some of you?

It is never acceptable to use racist terms or have an overtly racist attitude. Blacks are racist just like whites I have no use for racism of any sort or for racist people. Yet to live on this planet we are forced to encounter this over and over again. Being part of an interracial family I have lived racism both directed at me as the white member and at my husband for being black, and my children, whose race never seems to be enough for most people. They are too white for blacks and too black for most whites. It is so sad that in this modern day and age we still have to have these conversations.

The point of the OP is well taken. I have said the same thing on many occasions. It is fine for black comics and people to make fun of whites with no rhythm or to insinuate that all white people are dorks, but we cannot and wouldn't dare do the same thing. It isn't fair and it isn't right. But then again it isn't right to get pulled over because you are the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood either.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What makes whites racist? Anything that may discredit or challenge the new dictator.[/sarcasm]

But seriously, the only thing that makes anyone, no matter what there skin color, racist is a collectivist mindset.
Collectivists see the world in groups, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, ect..
They don't see people as individuals.
They think that what ever group they put themselves in is superior to all other groups.
It's a very destructive/poisonous mindset.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FearSoul

It's a very strange world we live in. Adults act like children... To think that someone could be offended to such a degree about what another person thinks...
I could even call it racist that many black people consider whites racist just because we're white.
It's pointless.
But the people who are so offended by what someone whom they've never met thinks, should ask themselves why they are suddenly so concerned with another's thoughts.
Want proof that the vast majority of American's aren't racist? Obama.
In fact, many people are willing to bend over backwards just to destroy the notion that they may be racist just because they're white...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Actually, African American is still widely used.
It's strange - I would never think to call myself a European American.
Whatever floats their boat, I guess...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Duh, because African Americans still think they are "owed" something for their ancestors being slaves. In actuality, I have experienced more "reverse racism" that whites showing racism towards AAs...
examples of reverse racism..
They did it to me because im BLACK.
FACT: 96% of Black wemen voted Obama (think what you will)
i didnt get the job, raise or whatever because im black

The most retarded thing is that most AAs use the word "Nigga" like its a good thing. i mean seriously, WTF?

[edit on 5-12-2008 by musclefreak]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think anyone can be a racist. Considering our worlds history, and philosophy I believe Naacp and Jesse Jackson run to those incedents because we realize what racist whites can do to a world where no war or famine or mental pollutions exist.
Once racist, and self-centered anglos reach any land they spread their philosophy as would any other people. The reason I mention this is because the whole concept of race is of Anglo science/theory. Dive into any "native" or African philo and you will find equality amongst all living things not just humans. The idea of race is intertwined with this linear illusion of living things. "Im am greater than a tree" or "I am greater than a person who honors a tree for 10minutes a day, he is apparently less aware, I have science!!!". More people need to understand what the "circle of life" is about.
The kind of ignorant attitude the posters portray is SCARY. The reason I would say its racist and not the other way around is because, when whites commit crimes against individuals of color 10/10 times its racially motivated, unless its a mutual disagreement. When blacks commit crimes against whites its NEVER racially motivated. Never, most whites followed the movements blacks lead. Blacks and whites marched together to end ignorance and the abuse of our founding fathers dreams. A Black supremacist has not and will not ever exist. It would go against "african-american philosophy and understanding". But look up the word supremacist...What is the example? I cannot find a time in history where whites asked or performed a progressive movement with african-americans. I work with people who are of european descent(I dont believe in applying colors to humans we are the same color just different shades I did it above to make things easier)and they have told me racist jokes. I was amazed We (people of color)dont even have any jokes that have been passed down from slavery. Simply because we never had any. Apparently my coworkers family keep that 50-150 year old joke alive. Can you see my point?
Just my opinion
*--PEACE-LOVE--*

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Personally I think there are alot of white people who are not really offended by racial slurs, or generalizations of the white race etc.

So there is this underlying sentiment that we cannot really be offended by this stuff. So if we cannot be offended then all we can do is offend, ergo racist.

What seems to bother caucasians the most lately is being called racist. So if you cannot hurt a white person with a racial slur.... then just call them racist.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by musclefreak

"owed"?This is how you can tell who is still racist. Why does it matter what is owed to who? It is because you think that you have to pay, you think AA's are blaming whites. LOL I believe the system that propagates slavery and dismantles cultures is responsible. I bet you believe that blacks blame whites, which with your logic "they shouldnt get anything" because you still believe this is a white country, and whites would have to pay. This is hilarious. I believe you need to meet real people face to face and not through the television.

As for the "nigga". I think its funny that americans can take a french word (neggar(which is borrowed from germany, which is borrowed from latin-negro--necro) and give it an ultra-negative meaning. But other americans cant take the word and give it a positive one?. Is that difficult to understand? "Nigga"(which is slang and should never be typed, excuse me)can and should be used a word to describe someone who shares philosophy and views, it has nothing to do with color. I work with people of european descent and I call them, My "Nigga" all the time.
But dont get ahead of yourself, we have different paths of development. Most westerners tend to add an er' at the end of words(I learned that from learning japanese)that is why we stress for others not to use it.
96% of white women voted for bush does this mean anything but they felt a better connection.

*--PEACE-LOVE--*

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by musclefreak
Duh, because African Americans still think they are "owed" something for their ancestors being slaves.

Right now, in a parallel universe, white people are slaves.
How might I go about recieving free money for my 'brothers' suffering?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
the concept of race is a European invention...before colonization took over the world's continents - race was not an issue.....its a bogus concept which has no genetic or scientific merit designed to keep people divided conquered and controlled....seems to have its roots in triblalism - (my clan versus your clan) but only became entrenched as racism in the last few hundred years -

and thats why whites are seen so often as racists - cause they've been the main colonizers, enslavers, etc... for the last few centuries....try not to take it so damn personally
history's a bitch and when she's finished with ya she's goes on to the next poor sucker....

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
the concept of race is a European invention...before colonization took over the world's continents - race was not an issue.....its a bogus concept which has no genetic or scientific merit designed to keep people divided conquered and controlled....seems to have its roots in triblalism - (my clan versus your clan) but only became entrenched as racism in the last few hundred years -

Thats because in europe before colonization was all white, some blonde others with black hair, but we were all white so we fought "clan vs clan", nevertheless europe never fought "white vs black". There is no such thing as a "black native" in europe. Like theres no such thing as a "white native" in america

Racism in europe came simply by 2 reasons. 1 Religion / culture. The "moors" which we hated so much were from a different religion and "darker". The stories about every "dark man" from the east were always tales of terror based on greco-persian wars, roman-persian wars, etc 2. When we started to "explore" the africas and the americas, we found "darker" ppl still fighting with sticks and stones and living on huts and we had a much advanced technology in every aspect (weapons, construction, transport etc) thus making them "primitive" and easy enough to subdue. The first ones were to kill, the second ones were to take advantage of.

This being said, every "dark race" we met was either evil or primitive. The concept today remains unchanged in any true racist mind if you watch closely. Blacks are either "evil" or "intelectually undeveloped".

Actually this is a very simplistic way of trying to explain things but if I get too deep I'll need about 4 or 5 pages just to "get the idea through"
but it still can be explain in a simpler way: Blacks are not native from europe, so we always saw everything different as inferior because everything different were barbarians and / or primitive tribes either to kill or enslave.

EDIT: Oh and I dont mind if someone is racist. I dont call them ignorant. Ppl have the right to believe in whatever they want.

Still its ridiculous to see "black pride" has a pride in their heritage and culture and see "white pride" as a racist thing. If a black as pride to be black, to have pride in his race because of everything they went through and how they "survived" and "fought" I think any white can be proud of being white for all the historic past also.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 6-12-2008 by MilitieTempliSalmo]

[edit on 6-12-2008 by MilitieTempliSalmo]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its is because black pride consist of everyone being free and enlightened. It deals with the circle of life, and how we (all living things) are connected. White pride deals with supremacy and making others inferior. It deals with capturing innocent people and throwing them into wells, or making people bite curbs. Or I can go even further, It deals with trying to bully the world and tell people what we are just now figuring out with sciences. We go around burning books and killing people because we assume they are inferior hostiles that cannot possibly know anything,The world has been perserving these facts for ages, we are so primitive at times.
If you are on ats it is because you are a researcher somewhere at heart. Really research sometime. All native people in europe arent "white" either. And the funny thing is there are White and black natives all around the world including africa. This may sound redundant but there are even so called white "negroes" that developed in Africa(from a genetic point of view). All Africans arent of color, just as all europeans arent all "white". Not by pride or association. The Greecians complexion in history were said to be like an olive, and they were enlightened by a civilization of color. They called them Aegypto "burned-face people "I didnt know the earth bore white olives".
--much peace and love--

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
Its is because black pride consist of everyone being free and enlightened.
It deals with the circle of life, and how we (all living things) are connected.

Hey "circle of life" go to Africa is see all that black pride of millions dying with no future of any kind. Go around America and see the large percent of the black population live in fear with no future, and that fear is of themselves caused by themselves.

The greatest evils against blacks is done by other blacks…so I must disagree with your post

White pride deals with supremacy and making others inferior. It deals with capturing innocent people and throwing them into wells, or making people bite curbs. Or I can go even further, It deals with trying to bully the world and tell people what we are just now figuring out with sciences. We go around burning books and killing people because we assume they are inferior hostiles that cannot possibly know anything,The world has been perserving these facts for ages, we are so primitive at times.

Wow...

So what you are saying is if a person is proud of being white they are a racist, and any other race, creed or color it is all good and wholesome?

Here is a hint...every race, creed and color has racist people in them, there are no boundaries that protects anyone. If your views align with racist thoughts then you are a racist and the color you are doesn’t matter.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I will say this , African descendents were suppose to get 40 acres and a mule when they were freed, Perhaps if the white slaveowners and the goverment kept their word black communitys would have the economical strentgth from the start to be self reliant and history and current times would be different. do you think the racist whites really wanted this.

Ever heard of Rosewood(google it and the movie). It was a community established by exslaves to become self sufficiant and they were until the whites killed almost everyone and burned the town down

Just examples how blacks try to rise up and do for self and everytime the white man does what he can to keep us in check

whites walk around with a superiority complex and its evident it is rampent here as well

Im glad my reality is past black and white

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

See this is the problem. Blacks had a future! It wasnt until The whole world thought they could capitlize off of land that was said to be owned by the gods not man. Man of color allowed anyone on the land and traded with everyone. It was the wicked, greedy that always seem to not honor their word with blacks and Native people of color. If you got to Africa you will understand why All europe and Asia dwell there looking for MORE secrets and different things. Have you read the post on China presence in Africa? Africa is probably the only continent to have every single other major nation, dealing with its development.
Africans kill themselves daily, yes. But has anyone ever thought about it this way. The guns they have are from far-far away. Russian and American designed/created weaponry. There isnt a such things as an "African" model of any weapon. You say Africans dont have a future, I believe these wicked nations that build millions and millions of guns every year, are really the ones who dont have a future.
I find your comment disturbing and I took offense to that insolent post. I can go on to say, Most if not all americans dont have a future because most of us lack the basic "Earthly" surviving skills that are needed without technology. Think about that for a second please........
Okay.

So what you are saying is if a person is proud of being white they are a racist, and any other race, creed or color it is all good and wholesome?

Can you do me a favor and re read the sections you selected and read it without arrogance or pride. I cant believe, that is all that you picked up from my post. It proves how racist some people can be. Every white person did not descend from slave owners, just as every white person doesnt descend from 'the' wicked europeans that thought it was okay to pollute the world. So how can you be offended? If that is or was my history, your completely right, that is not something to be proud of. But with that being said(typed), you have the undertones of someone who subscribes to this idea of supremacy because you automatically associate yourself with the people that corrupted our(americas)doctrines. You can be white, and have pride, lets not be juvenile, I did not say "you cant be proud of being white". But you, being a white male, can be proud of so many other things, why would you associate your lineage with wickedness. Every white person is not the same, why would you make it seem like your related to them. There were free whites just as it was free people of color that did not subscribe to the idea of slavery and the descendants of these people helped the descendants of the slaves march for freedom. Why does the average american automatically associate themselves with the slave owner and not the free American that co-existed him. They automatically get offended when you bring up history, as if they contributed, you may not even descend from a slave-owner, has that ever occured?

I totally disagree. First and foremost believing and subscribing to the idea or concept/theory of race is what makes someone a 'racist'. That is the start. From there people begin to propagate false knowledges and sciences stating superiority within a single race. How can this be if a race doesnt exist? At one point in history it was thought, "we(humans) are the superior force on earth, others found the doctrines and took it literally. And they began to divide all living things including their kind. Its like removing all of the individual threads and colors that make up a plaid shirt, not realizing we our tampering with something more grand.
Im surprised the god hasnt been disgusted with racism. He should be arriving anytime now

--peace-love--for everyone!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

I totally disagree. First and foremost believing and subscribing to the idea or concept/theory of race is what makes someone a 'racist'.

Why? I mean, we are the same species, but we are not all the same "breed" (like dogs or any other animal species). I mean we can classify racial categories by visible traits like skin color, hair, facial features and cranial proportions. Thats biology 101, its not being racist.

But thats ok, I see "race" has become a sensitive issue to discuss so I'll change it to "clinal gradation" is that better? You think it will hurt "race-sensitive" ppl less?

What a hypocrite world we live in today huh?

I'm so sick of the "politically correct". It makes me sick when I hear I cant do or say something because it will "offend" or "sound bad" for the other part, specially when the other part is the one whos racist and always looks at me like I owe them something for those 500 years of slavery or something. It wasnt me... get over it.

But still, I love to see how a black can have a "black pride day" and discos "just for blacks" and "black power" and "black music" and its all fine, and if I even dare to suggest a "white pride day" they call me a freakin racist. If I open a disco just for "whites" they'll call me a racist and start blabbing crap about apartheid and racial segregation. And everyone knows that "white power" and "white music" is neo-nazi crap right?

Sometimes I'm really shocked to see how low we got just to appologise for those 500 years. We do EVERYTHING, we even say we're the bad ones, we hit ourselves in the chest and cry mea culpa, we elevated the other races we before thought were inferior almost to a god-like status just to appologise and everything is allowed for them to say, to act, to read, to laugh at. The funny thing is... its never enough. And I got sick of it.

Like I said, get over the abuse and the slavery and all that because they're not the slaves and it wasnt me to enslave them. I'm sick of apologizing, I'm proud of my race... erm, "clinal gradation". Proud of the greatest empires the world has seen, proud of all the cultural and scientific breakthroughs we did, proud that the greatest minds the world has ever seen were white, hell I can be proud that the first man in space and walking on the moon were white. I'm proud of it, just like they're proud of their race for whatever reasons. Like the chinese HAVE to be proud of their fantastic heritage. Like the arabs have to also. And yes... even the germans

If that hurts anyone, I'm not sorry, like they're not sorry of being proud of theirs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join