It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me, What makes whites racist?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Why do you never see Native American serial killers, or thieves, or gangs?

To me, they are the most oppressed race there is, if anyone should have a right to be angry, it's them, IMO.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Why do you never see Native American serial killers, or thieves, or gangs?
To me, they are the most oppressed race there is, if anyone should have a right to be angry, it's them, IMO.

Serial killers are extremely rare. There are only believed to be about 35 to 50 in the entire nation.

Native Americans are a pretty small segment of society so it is not surprising you don't hear about many of them being big time serial killers. To become a famous serial killer they have to really stand out. You don't hear about very many black serial killers either, but there are plenty of them out there.

Native Americans do have a problem with violent crime, particularly child abuse, molestation, and rape. Becuase their societies are rather closed, a lot of it is not reported, and doesn't make the news that often...

Native American women experience the highest rate of violence of any group in the United States. A report released by the Department of Justice, American Indians and Crime, found that Native American women suffer violent crime at a rate three and a half times greater than the national average. National researchers estimate that this number is actually much higher than has been captured by statistics; according to the Department of Justice over 70% of sexual assaults are never reported.

Native American women also stand a high risk of losing their children in instances of physical and sexual abuse. The women often will stay with abusive husbands in order to keep their children. In one case, a woman was beaten by her husband so badly that he broke bones and she was forced to seek refuge in a domestic abuse shelter. The husband, through support of his tribe, was able to gain custody of their two children. He continued his violent behavior, at one point, throwing their two-year-old child across the room. The woman was never able to regain custody.

www.now.org...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Well remind me never to date a Native American, then!

I suppose that is a good explanation why we don't hear much of their crimes, then. I still can't help but feel they have been treated so unfairly.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by The Scarecrow
Well I'll be damned. Another piece of info I missed. Hey what can I say? Some days you're on point, some days you're not. I mean hell, I kept overlooking things and you failed to realize that table 2.3 was race releated. So I guess that makes us even in terms of being off point today.

There were two 2.3's. One was text with racial statistics, the one below it was a graph of 2.3 with total murders. I saw the lower one and thought that was it. Seems quite odd that the table and the graph were both 2.3 and supposedly based on the same data but the graph did NOT reflect race.

The table I wanted you to see was indeed called "table 2.3" After going back and looking at the link, the part below had said figure 2.3 I'm pretty sure that's what threw you off.

As far as “killing sprees” at schools, in that case the numbers are ALMOST right, statistically blacks apparently are EQUALLY likely to be spree killers. Once again it should be a 5 to 1 ratio.

28 school spree killers:
22 are white, which is 78%
6 are black, which is 21%

Enough with the numbers for now. What I think should really be said about the whole school shooting deal, is that I feel that it (or at the very least should) shatters the stereotype that ONLY black males are gun toting, ruthless, criminals.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy FreelunchI suppose that is a good explanation why we don't hear much of their crimes, then. I still can't help but feel they have been treated so unfairly.

Yeah, I feel sorry for them too. The land grabs alone were horrible. But the modern media often portrays them as abused little angels, which is far from accurate. What happened to them was sad, but they were certainly capable of extreme brutality and they inspired a very real fear in many parts of this country where territory was being disputed.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Ya I think the ultimate problem is the problems caused by money.

That is something that is pliable and fixable.

Mental blockage and rusty conservative ideas are not fixable.

I'm a Mick/Viking... I would drink my own blood but that would leave me dancing and wrestling rocks for months straight.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy FreelunchI suppose that is a good explanation why we don't hear much of their crimes, then. I still can't help but feel they have been treated so unfairly.

Yeah, I feel sorry for them too. The land grabs alone were horrible. But the modern media often portrays them as abused little angels, which is far from accurate. What happened to them was sad, but they were certainly capable of extreme brutality and they inspired a very real fear in many parts of this country where territory was being disputed.

Ya but the nations were protecting there native land and trying to halt the extermination of the Buffalo. The natives depended on the creatures for existence.

Yer telling me that if the french came to GA and started taking all of the states water
your statesmen would not stand up???

I see that there is always an addendum to your posts.

Ya that sucks, buuuuttttttttt, they deserved it!

I will agree that racism does not exist exclusively in one race.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Blacks were kidnapped and enslaved....

I picked cotton once i told the guy after 2 hours that im going home....he said i needed to finish the rest of the day to get payed...i told him to keep the change and left...picking coffee beans is even worse....ham mercy....

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose Head

Of course many were kidnapped, or captured during war or whatever. But the white guys weren't the ones trampling around through the jungle catching them one by one. Sheesh that would be suicide. African kings and tribal leaders typically had huge numbers of slaves, of course if they could sell some, or have some captured to earn a few bucks they would do it.

As stated, it was a huge part of African culture. The American and Arab traders had money, the locals captured the slaves, shipped them in groups to depots and then they were transported to large slave markets. It was big business. The slave traders showed up and bought what they wanted at slave markets.

Now some Arabs were pretty aggressive and would gather slaves for market. They were known to raid some European coastal towns and capture Europeans to be sold as slaves. But that was a high risk business, and if they could just buy them cheap that is always a better alternative.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Of course many were kidnapped, or captured during war or whatever. But the white guys weren't the ones trampling around through the jungle catching them one by one. Sheesh that would be suicide.

As stated, it was a huge part of African culture. The American and Arab traders had money, the locals captured the slaves, shipped them in groups to depots and then they were transported to large slave markets. It was big business. The slave traders showed up and bought what they wanted at slave markets.

Again i say you have been lied to...where did you get your information....

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose HeadAgain i say you have been lied to...where did you get your information....

Dude...seriously...how can you NOT know this? Slavery has been going on for thousands of years and only RECENTLY (last 100-200 years) fell out of fashion. If you did ANY research you would know this.

In many African countries HALF THE POPULATION were slaves. Sure they captured new slaves, but they also sold off existing slaves that had probably been in that position for generations.

In Senegambia, between 1300 and 1900, close to one-third of the population was enslaved. In early Islamic states of the western Sudan, including Ghana (750-1076), Mali (1235–1645), Segou (1712–1861), and Songhai (1275-1591), about a third of the population were slaves. In Sierra Leone in the 19th century about half of the population consisted of slaves. In the 19th century at least half the population was enslaved among the Duala of the Cameroon, the Igbo and other peoples of the lower Niger, the Kongo, and the Kasanje kingdom and Chokwe of Angola. Among the Ashanti and Yoruba a third of the population consisted of slaves. The population of the Kanem (1600–1800) was about a third-slave. It was perhaps 40% in Bornu (1580–1890). Between 1750 and 1900 from one- to two-thirds of the entire population of the Fulani jihad states consisted of slaves. The population of the Sokoto caliphate formed by Hausas in the northern Nigeria and Cameroon was half-slave in the 19th century. Between 65% to 90%population of Arab-Swahili Zanzibar was enslaved. Roughly half the population of Madagascar was enslaved. When British rule was first imposed on the Sokoto Caliphate and the surrounding areas in northern Nigeria at the turn of the 20th century, approximately 2 million to 2.5 million people there were slaves.[10] Slavery in northern Nigeria was finally outlawed in 1936.

The Atlantic slave trade peaked in the late 18th century, when the largest number of slaves were captured on raiding expeditions into the interior of West Africa.[citation needed] These expeditions were typically carried out by African kingdoms against weaker African tribes and peoples. Europeans rarely entered the interior of Africa, due to fear of disease and moreover fierce African resistance.

According to Robert Davis between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured by Barbary pirates and sold as slaves to North Africa and the Ottoman Empire between the 16th and 19th centuries. The coastal villages and towns of Italy, Portugal, Spain and Mediterranean islands were frequently attacked by them and long stretches of the Italian and Spanish coasts were almost completely abandoned by its inhabitants; after 1600 Barbary pirates occasionally entered the Atlantic and struck as far north as Iceland.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose HeadAgain i say you have been lied to...where did you get your information....

Dude...seriously...how can you NOT know this? Slavery has been going on for thousands of years and only RECENTLY (last 100-200 years) fell out of fashion. If you did ANY research you would know this.

In Senegambia, between 1300 and 1900, close to one-third of the population was enslaved. In early Islamic states of the western Sudan, including Ghana (750-1076), Mali (1235–1645), Segou (1712–1861), and Songhai (1275-1591), about a third of the population were slaves. In Sierra Leone in the 19th century about half of the population consisted of slaves. In the 19th century at least half the population was enslaved among the Duala of the Cameroon, the Igbo and other peoples of the lower Niger, the Kongo, and the Kasanje kingdom and Chokwe of Angola. Among the Ashanti and Yoruba a third of the population consisted of slaves. The population of the Kanem (1600–1800) was about a third-slave. It was perhaps 40% in Bornu (1580–1890). Between 1750 and 1900 from one- to two-thirds of the entire population of the Fulani jihad states consisted of slaves. The population of the Sokoto caliphate formed by Hausas in the northern Nigeria and Cameroon was half-slave in the 19th century. Between 65% to 90%population of Arab-Swahili Zanzibar was enslaved. Roughly half the population of Madagascar was enslaved. When British rule was first imposed on the Sokoto Caliphate and the surrounding areas in northern Nigeria at the turn of the 20th century, approximately 2 million to 2.5 million people there were slaves.[10] Slavery in northern Nigeria was finally outlawed in 1936.

The Atlantic slave trade peaked in the late 18th century, when the largest number of slaves were captured on raiding expeditions into the interior of West Africa.[citation needed] These expeditions were typically carried out by African kingdoms against weaker African tribes and peoples. Europeans rarely entered the interior of Africa, due to fear of disease and moreover fierce African resistance.

According to Robert Davis between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured by Barbary pirates and sold as slaves to North Africa and the Ottoman Empire between the 16th and 19th centuries. The coastal villages and towns of Italy, Portugal, Spain and Mediterranean islands were frequently attacked by them and long stretches of the Italian and Spanish coasts were almost completely abandoned by its inhabitants; after 1600 Barbary pirates occasionally entered the Atlantic and struck as far north as Iceland.

en.wikipedia.org...

AHHHHHH...i got it now...lets look at one part of that ...Robert Davis says...how do we know Robert Davis isnt lying....?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose HeadAHHHHHH...i got it now...lets look at one part of that ...Robert Davis says...how do we know Robert Davis isnt lying....?

Seriously! The Europeans and the Arabs have a WRITTEN HISTORY that goes back a thousands of years!!! Do some research, the sources are plentiful! Did you just watch Roots and then base all your knowledge on that?

Search, there is a LOT of information out there. This activity is extremely well documented in various historical accounts from people all over the world for several hundred years!

And the sources for that Wikipedia article are varied, they do NOT all come from one person. Nigeria ending slavery in 1936, that is RECENT history. Hit the google. Type in "history of slavery" and "history of African slavery" and you will find a ton of stuff.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose HeadAHHHHHH...i got it now...lets look at one part of that ...Robert Davis says...how do we know Robert Davis isnt lying....?

Seriously! The Europeans and the Arabs and the Egyptians have a WRITTEN HISTORY that goes back a couple of thousand years!!! Do some research, the sources are plentiful! Did you just watch Roots and then base all your knowledge on that?

Search, there is a LOT of information out there. This activity is extremely well documented in various historical accounts from people all over the world for several hundred years!

How do we know they wrote history and not lies....?...and can lies be history....? or history lies...?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose HeadHow do we know they wrote history and not lies....?...and can lies be history....? or history lies...?

Hmmm...okay. Even history in the 20th century? Well how do we know slavery EVER existed in the U.S.? Were you there? Did YOU see it? If all the documented records on the slave trade are not to be trusted, then lets question whether blacks were ever kept as slaves! How do we know they didn't build ships and come over here on their own? HMMM????

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose HeadHow do we know they wrote history and not lies....?...and can lies be history....? or history lies...?

Hmmm...okay. Even history in the 20th century? Well how do we know slavery EVER existed in the U.S.? Were you there? Did YOU see it? If all the documented records on the slave trade are not to be trusted, then lets question whether blacks were ever kept as slaves! How do we know they didn't build ships and come over here on their own? HMMM????

I agree...

The bible is the number one selling history book ever or so they say....but some people think its fiction and some think its non fiction....so which is it and how do we know....

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I agree...

The bible is the number one selling history book ever or so they say....but some people think its fiction and some think its non fiction....so which is it and how do we know....

Well I am glad to see you are capable of reason. The MSM and Hollywood may slant their interpretrations of history. But when historical sources are varied and go back hundreds of years, by very different writers, with different agendas, and it all MAKES SENSE...I think that has far more credibility.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I agree...

Well I am glad to see you are capable of reason. The MSM and Hollywood may slant their interpretrations of history. But when historical sources are varied and go back hundreds of years, by very different writers, and it all MAKES SENSE...I think that has far more credibility.

Now i disagree....nothing is credible when the human mind is involved...because mind is useless...as is this debate because it does nothing for the whole...because even if we knew 100% it dosent matter....you are a filthy animal as am i and all we need to do is fornicate and survive...and when were no longer productive to nature we will expire....dont think that you are wise or gaining any intelligence...just because your brain can absorb information...because thats all it does...and all that information is useless to nature...nature dosent care about who did what and when and if they even did it....it only cares about making the grass grow....but we assume that we are above the fray becuase of our intellect....but you an me are no more important than a fly...a potatoe growing experiences life more than you and me....now let me go back to the ufo threads and throw a frisbee around....ohhhh look a UFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

you are a filthy animal as am i and all we need to do is fornicate and survive...and when were no longer productive to nature we will expire....dont think that you are wise or gaining any intelligence...just because your brain can absorb information...because thats all it does...and all that information is useless to nature...nature dosent care about who did what and when and if they even did it....it only cares about making the grass grow....but we assume that we are above the fray becuase of our intellect....but you an me are no more important than a fly...a potatoe growing experiences life more than you and me....now let me go back to the ufo threads and throw a frisbee around....ohhhh look a UFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...well of course that is true. Though I am a panthiest so instead of being here to "reproduce" I am here to participate in the fantasies of the universal mind. But you are right, knowledge means nothing. On the otherhand, it is a form of entertainment and what else is there to do?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

you are a filthy animal as am i and all we need to do is fornicate and survive...and when were no longer productive to nature we will expire....dont think that you are wise or gaining any intelligence...just because your brain can absorb information...because thats all it does...and all that information is useless to nature...nature dosent care about who did what and when and if they even did it....it only cares about making the grass grow....but we assume that we are above the fray becuase of our intellect....but you an me are no more important than a fly...a potatoe growing experiences life more than you and me....now let me go back to the ufo threads and throw a frisbee around....ohhhh look a UFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...well of course that is true. Though I am a panthiest so instead of being here to "reproduce" I am here to participate in the fantasies of the universal mind. But you are right, knowledge means nothing. On the otherhand, it is a form of entertainment and what else is there to do?

Agreed....lol...and i enjoyed our convo...highly entertaining...Thank You.....

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join