It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCANDAL! Undercover video shows Planned Parenthood hiding rape of 13-year-old girl

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

The choice was taken out of the young woman's hands by PPA. She was not counseled on all her possible choices; she was bum-rushed down Abortion Avenue.

This PPA worker didn't care about the girl. She didn't report the alleged statutory rape; she didn't even want to hear the details.

PPA is not a safe haven for children in trouble. It is a predatory organization that only offers one choice to the children - abortion. They (PPA) consciously refrain from offering alternative solutions.

And it's not because, as one sarcastic poster implied, they make millions off of abortions. It's done to further their agenda.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes
...abortion only makes up about 3%...

Being forced to have a child at the age of 13 is not in any young woman's best interest, imo.

Although I'm sure 3% feels a lot more cozy of a number for you, the number of babies killed from performed abortion is about 1.21 million per year ( www.guttmacher.org... ). Being forced to be killed at age < 1 is not in any young child's best interest, imo. All of our mothers chose life, so it's easy for us to drop the knife on others I suppose.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Also, as someone who HAD an abortion, it's not in the 'best interest' for the woman to have to live with the murder that was committed.
It creates GREAT guilt and anguish, for those who are not COMPLETELY hardened.
Mental help for these women is almost NONEXISTENT because the PTB want everyone to believe that it's NOT A PROBLEM!

I say again, vietnam vets came back with mental problems for killing 'innocents', but these women are shrugged off by the medical institutions and I should know, I was IN a mental institution for 6 months. I couldn't sleep with the lights off or go out in public without medication and I wasn't religious at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by chickenshoes

The choice was taken out of the young woman's hands by PPA. She was not counseled on all her possible choices; she was bum-rushed down Abortion Avenue.

This PPA worker didn't care about the girl. She didn't report the alleged statutory rape; she didn't even want to hear the details.

PPA is not a safe haven for children in trouble. It is a predatory organization that only offers one choice to the children - abortion. They (PPA) consciously refrain from offering alternative solutions.

And it's not because, as one sarcastic poster implied, they make millions off of abortions. It's done to further their agenda.

Well, I suppose it depends on which side of the "argument" you are on.

I did not see it that way. The girl went there specifically to get an abortion, remember? No one took her choice away from her. And, you don't know that she (the nurse) didn't or wouldn't have reported the (statutory) rape (if it were a real situation and not a set up), all you saw was what was on the tape.

Had you ever been to Planned Parenthood you would know that they do support informed decisions, and that what you decide to do with your future is up to you, the individual. And, you would know that they in fact do provide you with an informed choice, and tell you what your options are. What you saw appeared to be only an initial interview. There are also counselors there on site to speak with you further if you request it.

And, you would also know that the other services they provide, such as birth control at a reduced cost, counseling, annual exams, etc. far overshadow their abortion services. In fact, if all they were interested in was providing abortions, I don't think they would be promoting birth control and providing it at a reduced cost, do you? Wouldn't they want as many unwanted pregnancies as possible?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

...abortion only makes up about 3%...

Being forced to have a child at the age of 13 is not in any young woman's best interest, imo.

Although I'm sure 3% feels a lot more cozy of a number for you, the number of babies killed from performed abortion is about 1.21 million per year ( www.guttmacher.org... ). Being forced to be killed at age < 1 is not in any young child's best interest, imo. All of our mothers chose life, so it's easy for us to drop the knife on others I suppose.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by saint4God]

Actually, abortion is never an easy choice, and it's not one I have ever seen any woman take lightly.

No, 3 percent isn't exactly "cozy" as you put it, however, the point was that abortion is hardly the only service, or even the main service they provide. In fact, they don't promote it, but due to fact that there is such a controversy over choice, then they are unfortunately known for being abortion providers, mainly.

They also provide many, many services which benefit women, such as annual exams, std screening, birth control, counseling services, etc., in order to reduce the need for abortions.

Being forced into any situation is not beneficial to a human being, and that includes being forced to have a child.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Actually, abortion is never an easy choice, and it's not one I have ever seen any woman take lightly.

I'm glad to see the seriousness of the situation isn't diminished.

No, 3 percent isn't exactly "cozy" as you put it, however, the point was that abortion is hardly the only service, or even the main service they provide. In fact, they don't promote it, but due to fact that there is such a controversy over choice, then they are unfortunately known for being abortion providers, mainly.

They also provide many, many services which benefit women, such as annual exams, std screening, birth control, counseling services, etc., in order to reduce the need for abortions.

Yep, these are good points and hope daily they push for anything/everthing other than abortion.

Being forced into any situation is not beneficial to a human being, and that includes being forced to have a child.

Per clearskies' post, I don't think a young woman can fully comprehends the negative ramifications of this decision until after the deed. I also don't think Planned Parenthood does, or if they do they're not doing enough to prevent it.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Also, as someone who HAD an abortion, it's not in the 'best interest' for the woman to have to live with the murder that was committed.
Mental help for these women is almost NONEXISTENT because the PTB want everyone to believe that it's NOT A PROBLEM!

I say again, vietnam vets came back with mental problems for killing 'innocents', but these women are shrugged off by the medical institutions and I should know, I was IN a mental institution for 6 months. I couldn't sleep with the lights off or go out in public without medication and I wasn't religious at all.

This is a very very important message that I hope everyone hears. I was walking with a friend of mine talking about the scenery when suddenly she burst into sobbing. She explained to me that the 'life around her' reminded her of the mistake she made with abortion. She explained, "You have no idea of the daily Hell I go through with that decision"...a decision she had made quite some time ago. It did not 'go away' and she wished someone, anyone would've stopped her. She had dreams that she held the baby in her arms, then wake up sick to the core with the reality.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I'm sorry that happened to you, but you should know that there are counseling services available to you, if you only search a little. You are by no means alone.

In fact, I believe most abortion providers offer post abortion counseling for those who feel they need it. There are also mental health professionals who will even work on a sliding scale if need be.

And, just because you don't suffer great guilt and anguish doesn't mean that you must be "hardened" as you say. Some women actually do make an informed choice, with full knowledge of what they are doing, they may just look at their decision in a different way than others do.

Any person who is forced into any situation they don't want to be in may suffer ill effects from it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

You don't know that! That's a total assumption on your part. The tape is clearly edited. You don't know what was said that was removed from the tape. They could have had a complete counseling session after which the "girl" insisted she wanted an abortion because if her dad found out, he'd beat her up. Then turned on the camera.

The people who took this video have an agenda. Just because you share their agenda doesn't mean it's a good thing.

And their agenda is what? Killing "babies"?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I believe the girl already chose to find out her real true choices.
Is why she went to the planned parenthood thing in the first place seeking alternatives that people weren't giving her.
Planned parenting offers not just abortion.It gives choices.
Have the baby, give it up for adoption, raise it yourself, abortion.
Anti abortion people give NO choices.
Its murder!, its murder! they say, about a cell membrane that isn't even breathing yet.
Right after they get back from viewing an execution of someone that WAS breathing.
I see a kid like this being impregnated with a child she didn't want, which by having it would ruin her life, by a person she didn't even want to have sex with, as being her choice.Regardless if she is 13.
I think people who try and force kids to have unwanted rape baby's, which messes up the kid and the baby's life, or so someone can adopt them are sick in the head.
I think we should concentrate more on preventing the killing and murder of people who are already alive and breathing.Especially when done so in the name of the state which is all of us.
Every time they execute someone, they do it on OUR behalf, did you know that?
It makes us ALL murderers.That is there evil little plan.
I know a girl who was raped at 15, and had a baby.
And the Pro Lifers more or less forced her to keep it.
And it has screwed up her life and her head like nothing I have ever seen before.
Her daughter from a later failed marriage, is 13, and HAS JUST HAD A BABY!
It never ends.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

In my opinion there is not better choice for a thirteen year old then an abortion were she to get pregnant.

I've used the services of PPA, I've donated my money and time to them - they are a good organization.

I find absolutley nothing wrong or unethical about what the lady in the video said or did.

Then again, I'm a hibby liberal god hater so what do you expect? *grins*

Benevelant Heretic: As usual your post is full of common sense and says everything I want say but so much better!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrangeJuice
It gives choices.

Actually anti-abortion offers all the same choices except 1. Towards the rest of the post, I would recommend speaking with someone who has had an abortion and discuss in detail the impact it has had on their life. Raising kids is hard, I'm not going to downplay that truth, but considering the alternative it is a better choice to make for both mother and child.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Saint 4 God,

Not everyone who has an abortion suffers ill effects.

The problems come in when an individual is forced into a situation against their will, either being forced to have a baby, or forced to have an abortion.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Saint 4 God,

Not everyone who gets struck by lightning dies. Let's go steelrod fishing and golfing in a thunderstorm!

Speaking of chances however, everyone who is aborted suffers an 'ill effect' called death.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Interesting how you ignored over half of what I said.

"The problems come in when an individual is forced into a situation against their will, either being forced to have a baby, or forced to have an abortion. "

I'm going to tell a rather personal story here.

My dad was not wanted by his mother, and she took every opportunity to remind him of that fact.

He grew up to become an alcoholic/addict. I and my mom lived with my dad's mental and physical abuse. He told us every single day he wished he had never been born.

This may sound harsh, but I wish abortion had been an option for her at the time. It would have save 3 generations of people a lot of heartache.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by chickenshoes]

[edit on 12/10/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrangeJuice

Planned parenting offers not just abortion.It gives choices.

I NEVER heard ANYTHING about 'choices' at the clinic I went to.
They barely talked to me and gave me a pamphlet about the medical procedure they were going to use INSTEAD of TELLING me, themselves!

THERE is something called birth control pills and shots. I even used the depro provera shot after my first child.
If you're with a guy who isn't worthy of being a dad, don't sleep with him.

Its murder!, its murder! they say, about a cell membrane that isn't even breathing yet.

This is the typical development of a child at abortion age; 8 weeks.
HERE
Does this look like a membrane to you?
The woman has to miss a period or two, before she even KNOWS she is pregnant and then get the money together for the abortion and make the appointment.

Right after they get back from viewing an execution of someone that WAS breathing.

I've NEVER WATCHED an execution, not even saddam hussein.
You seem very angry to make sweeping generalities like that.

I think people who try and force kids to have unwanted rape baby's, which messes up the kid and the baby's life, or so someone can adopt them are sick in the head.

Adoption is sick? I was adopted by my step-dad!

Every time they execute someone, they do it on OUR behalf, did you know that?
It makes us ALL murderers.That is there evil little plan.

No, it doesn't, there has to be law enforcement.

I know a girl who was raped at 15, and had a baby.
And the Pro Lifers more or less forced her to keep it.

A baby is not a PUNISHMENT and she could've put it up for adoption, it still beats killing it!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Saint 4 God,

The problems come in when an individual is forced into a situation against their will, either being forced to have a baby, or forced to have an abortion.

I was a teenager who made the decision myself, with NO coercion except family telling me I ought to do it, so I wouldn't have to raise a child on welfare.
NO one forced me and it STILL became the most cataclysmic experience of my life.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That Fox article is not the same instance as the video.
abortionist making money and not angels of mercy?
Meet the abortion providers
Anthony Levatino testified that he racked in the money.
That's not even counting selling specimens to Universities or chemical companies for research and use!
www.illinoisrighttolife.org...]Trusted health care
provider or greedy abortionist?
Pendergraft

The suspension and closure came after an investigation into illegal late term abortions allegedly committed at the facilities. An emergency order suspending Pendergraft’s license stated that he showed “a flagrant disregard for the laws of the state of Florida and a willingness to endanger the lives and health of pregnant patients.”

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I NEVER heard ANYTHING about 'choices' at the clinic I went to.
They barely talked to me and gave me a pamphlet about the medical procedure they were going to use INSTEAD of TELLING me, themselves!

While it is unfortunate that you had a bad experience, I can tell you from first had experience that PP and others do not handle it this way. They thoroughly explain the procedure to you, answer any questions you might have, explain what other options you have,give you time to think further if needed, and even offer the services pre or post, of an on site counselor if you feel you want or need it.

And, they also make sure you have a pack of bc pills and a prescription for them in your hand before you leave the building.

THERE is something called birth control pills and shots. I even used the depro provera shot after my first child.
If you're with a guy who isn't worthy of being a dad, don't sleep with him.

Sometimes birth control fails. My son was the result of a birth control failure.

My husband and I absolutely cannot afford another child. Now, given that I have first hand experience with birth control failure (which we use religiously) would you suggest that I stop sleeping with my long time mate?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Saint 4 God,

I was a teenager who made the decision myself, with NO coercion except family telling me I ought to do it, so I wouldn't have to raise a child on welfare.
NO one forced me and it STILL became the most cataclysmic experience of my life.

Sounds to me more like you may have listened to what other people were telling you, rather than your own heart.

That still does not change the fact that most women who have abortions have no lasting ill effects.

As I said before, being forced to have a baby can be every bit as detrimental as being forced to have an abortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join