It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automaker bailout, an alternative I can support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Subject: Big 3 Bailout and Suppressed Technology!

Big 3 Bailout and Suppressed Technology!

The idea of bailing out the Big 3 automakers makes me very angry! Suppression of transportation and energy technology ranks up there in the top 10 most outrageous crimes committed against the American people. The fraudulent Federal Reserve System without a doubt holds a higher ranking!

www.endthefed.us...

Any bailout legislation for the Big 3 automakers MUST include provisions to release suppressed technology. Before one public dime is released to General Motors, Ford and Chrysler they must agree to release ALL patents for suppressed technology they own (or control) to the public domain. The monopoly must be broken. This is our big chance! I think it's a fair deal to offer a 34 Billion dollar bailout loan in exchange for every patent they hold that is not a part of their current or past product lines. No patent release...NO DEAL!!! Go ahead and fail for the crimes you have committed against planet Earth and it's people! Then we will recover the patents from the bankruptcy court for pennies on the dollar!

There is no question about the Big 3 suppressing automotive, battery and alternative fuel technology from the public domain. Hollywood movies have been made about this topic to rub our noses in the fact that Detroit is in total control! Remember the Tucker Torpedo and the EV1?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bioqueen

It is interesting they gave the bank CEOs a huge bailout and did not ask their mode of travel or what plans they had for the money. While I am dubious of more taxpayer money being thrown at companies, I do see a biased approach to blue collar companies. Unions are getting blamed when the auto union pay average is $28 an hour and non union auto makers get $25 an hour.
I think the Big Three need to combine and sell off some of their brands. They compete within each other too much, and that is one of their problems.
Fuel and alternative fuel technology is another thing. The Volt will only get about 40 miles on a charge, while Tesla Motors vehicles will get about 200 miles on a charge. What is wrong with that picture?
Hyundai is developing a battery that will store more electricity and weigh much less than the current ones available. The Big Three say that the technology is decades away from us when other companies are showing it is not.

In short, while I am upset about the treatment of the auto makers, I would like to see them file Chapter 11 and reorganize instead of getting more money to bleed. They will only come back and ask for more.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The bailout would only delay the inevitable. The collapse of the American car industry. How is this bailout supposed to help when they already went through billions of dollars in reserves already?

join