It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISI hand in Mumbai attack: India has proof

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

ISI hand in Mumbai attack: India has proof

ibnlive.in.com

New Delhi: India has evidence that the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Pakistan’s external espionage agency, was involved in planning the Mumbai terror attack and training the terrorists who carried it out, sources said on Thursday.

The Indian government has the names of trainers and the places where training for the Mumbai attack took place, sources said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Finally we have the proof we need to get our revenge. Honestly India has suffered enough from these **** and their constant disgrace of India's pride. It's about time we dismantle this corrupt establishment that not only oppresses the people of India but of it's own nation.

Don't misunderstand me, revenge should only justify the destablishment of ISI and nothing more.

-Ign0RanT

ibnlive.in.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

This article brings up more questions for me than it answers. I find it hard to accept the Pakistani government would have approved this operation! The reason I don't think this is the whole story is the predictable response from India. It just seems self destructive at best for Pakistan.

This leads me to believe it would have been some type of rogue element within the ISI.

It is well known that Obama plans to escalate the war in Afghanistan so it is not difficult to imagine the US benefitting from a distracted and more compliant Pakistan. However I am still puzzeled by Pakistan's complicity...makes no sense???

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Not sure they really have hard proof just yet.

However, if you don't mind, the below article seems related to this thread, so I'll throw it in too.

US wants four ex-ISI officials declared terrorists

The US has given four names of former ISI officials, including Lt-Gen (retd) Hameed Gul, to the UN Security Council to put them on the list of international terrorists.
[...]
Lt-Gen (retd) Hameed Gul confirmed to this correspondent that he was included in the list of those four or five former ISI officials whose names had been provided to the UN secretary-general by the US government to be included in the list of international terrorists.

[...]
In such a situation, those enlisted in this list of bad guys will be prevented from travelling outside the country of their residence while their assets would also be monitored and even frozen at times.

More reference:
US moves to declare former Pakistani officers international terrorists

Included on the list of former Pakistani intelligence officers being submitted to the UNSC are Hamid Gul, Javid Nasir, and Zahirul Islam Abbasi, as well as Aslam Beg, a senior Army officer, the intelligence official said.

[edit on 12/4/08 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Honestly India deserves what it gets because of the atrocities it commits in Kashmir. You give what you get, these attacks only continue to happen because India, refuses to withdraw from Kashmir. Fine go ahead destroy the ISI but also Get out of kashmir.

Wow, so you are applauding what these terrorists did-kill innocent people. That is nice. Why not congratulate the people who destroyed the world trade center because the U.S. interfers in other countries affairs?

The fact is, India doesn't deserve this. Pakistan and India both do unworthy things. If the ISI did train these terrorists, India has every right to do something about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Almost. The FACT is, NO country deserves this. The FACT is, this is the world we live in.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Honestly India deserves what it gets because of the atrocities it commits in Kashmir. You give what you get, these attacks only continue to happen because India, refuses to withdraw from Kashmir. Fine go ahead destroy the ISI but also Get out of kashmir.

Oh really? Innocent people deserve to die because they live in a nation who's governmental heads has decided to occupy Kashmir? Punish the government by killing innocent men, women and children going about their daily lives, is that what you're saying?

You're a disgusting individual. Please do all a favor and remain anonymous.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Well the ISI has always been like this. I am pretty sure this is no different then their past actions. On the investigation level it's not like Pakistan has a choice, there is evidence linking them to the Mumbai attacks, so refusal of investigation would produce even more tension in the area.

The Indian government has the names of trainers and the places where training for the Mumbai attack took place, sources said. The United States is believed to have even more evidence of the training and some of this has been shared with India, they said.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ign0rant

Finally we have the proof we need to get our revenge....

Do you live in India?

Because if you don't, "our revenge" sounds really over the top.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That fella who was captured, is definately being tortured.
cant you imagine this?... 200 innocent people dead, 1 survivor... and all of a sudden this treasure trove of information comes out.

Trained by the Pakistan Navy
ISI involvement
Number of militia
Plans
methods

... wouldnt it also be possible then, that he's either saying what they want to hear, or being cohersed into saying what they want to hear?

There's no reason for Pakistan to attack india like this. It doesnt make sense.
Any idea that the government or intellegence service is jumpstarting a war with a nuclear neighbour is laughable.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Nope don't live in India.

Yet I was born and raised there. I came to America when I was 10, and still to this day visit my home country for vacations.

So yeah, destruction of the ISI would be my revenge.

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Wow, so you are applauding what these terrorists did-kill innocent people. That is nice. Why not congratulate the people who destroyed the world trade center because the U.S. interfers in other countries affairs?

The fact is, India doesn't deserve this. Pakistan and India both do unworthy things. If the ISI did train these terrorists, India has every right to do something about it.

What he doesn't know is that he is applauding 9/11. The ISI paid for that directly. And if a nuke goes off in the US over the next 4 years I GUARANTEE there will be traces to the ISI. These people are pros and have learned quite a bit from the CIA.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

Fair enough.

Do you think more war for revenge will work? Can you honestly say that aggression is the way to solve problems? Malcolm-X was always eye for an eye, is that how you feel as well?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Well no aggression is never really the way to go. But I think enough is enough, this should have been settled after the 2001 bombings. Events and tensions like this are shoved under to the carpet to eventually turn into a crucible to hot to handle.

What I meant by 'revenge' would be the destruction of the ISI. Breakdown of the corrupt establishment is all I am calling for. I am not callous enough to wish for the nuclear annihilation of Pakistan. No one needs to die, just some jobs need to be lost.

Of course no country would just stand by to have another destroy their governmental facility, even if it was corrupt. So if it calls for aggression to put an end to this madness, I guess so be it.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Nice find, I just find it a bit odd that United States has been putting so much interest in that area as of late.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The US is providing proof to India that Pakistan ISI was involved with the Mumbai attack. These are same intelligence agencies that had all the supposed proof about WMDs in Iraq.

Could it possibly be that the US wants to get India involved in fighting the Taliban and al Queda in Pakistan? It is well known that the Taliban and al Queda leadership is based in northern Pakistan in Waziristan. This is the tribal area that supposedly the government has no control of. The US can't go into the territory because Pakistan is supposed to be an ally and you can't send troops into an allies territory. Pakistan and India have been enemies since the existence of Pakistan in 1948. The US military can covertly give India targets of US interest inside Pakistan. The Indian military can take care of the dirty work while perserving the so called US/Pakistan alliance.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Could it possibly be that the US wants to get India involved in fighting the Taliban and al Queda in Pakistan? It is well known that the Taliban and al Queda leadership is based in northern Pakistan in Waziristan.

That is what I am afraid of as well. This whole thing may be orchestrated and India may be playing the role 'assigned' to them.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...
Meanwhile, more than 2,000 students marched through Islamabad shouting anti-US and anti-Indian slogans.
Ok well maybe Pakistan is a problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I wonder if the Pakistani ISI really did it or if it was framed by the FBI? I wouldn't put it past the ISI given their dodgy actions with the Taliban and the drug trade.

But then on the other hand the US has a poor track record with intelligence of this nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join