It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISI hand in Mumbai attack: India has proof

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentOrangeJuice

From your source:

Pakistan's government is "very committed" to fighting terrorism, the US secretary of state, Condoleezza Rice, said today as she attempted to ease tensions over the Mumbai attacks.

Then show it, dismantle the ISI plain and simple.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This whole "terrorist attack" in Mumbai just seems so "fake" from day one.

I mean I know the murders are real and tons-o-innocent people died.

But somehow this just all seems so set up specifically to get India and Pakistan to go to war.

Seems no different than 911 and then the Patriot act and fear mongering. Find out who financed these Mumbai attacks and you will find the real culprit.

I wouldnt be surprised if the CIA somehow has its hand involved in this one.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Whoever did it should be found and punished. But i see no way for weak and instable Pakistani government to dismantle ISI even if it wanted to do so. And India trying to do it by force means war. A lot more people will die in both countries. I understand feelings of Indian people but i think that India should concentrate its efforts on intelligence and inner security and not on some unreachable goals. And of course finding those who are responsible for this where they are not protected and making justice is also an option. People who stand behind current cowardly attack will not stop destabilizing the area and crippling their ability to freely move into India is vital. Of course i hope that this kind of things will not happen again, in India or elsewhere. But sadly we live in interesting times.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
This whole "terrorist attack" in Mumbai just seems so "fake" from day one.

I mean I know the murders are real and tons-o-innocent people died.

But somehow this just all seems so set up specifically to get India and Pakistan to go to war.

Seems no different than 911 and then the Patriot act and fear mongering. Find out who financed these Mumbai attacks and you will find the real culprit.

I wouldnt be surprised if the CIA somehow has its hand involved in this one.

I must agree with your statement above. However, I would like to add something.

To me it looks like the Pakistan government has little control over it's intelligence services. ISI's actions in the past were most of the time detrimental to the central government so we could have a scenario here where everyone is right.

The ISI did it AND the Paki governement has nothing to do with it. It looks like a very plausible theory because the Paki government has nothing to gain by ''approving'' this terrorist strike. Actually, it has everything to lose.

However, the ISI have everything to gain if the governemtn in place gets toppled by a more islamic one.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by imdeceived]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ign0rant
reply to post by AgentOrangeJuice

From your source:

Pakistan's government is "very committed" to fighting terrorism, the US secretary of state, Condoleezza Rice, said today as she attempted to ease tensions over the Mumbai attacks.

Then show it, dismantle the ISI plain and simple.

-Ign0RanT

You can't just dismantle an asset like that to a country. Pakistan is an independant nation and has the right to have an intel agency. It needs to assert more control over it though.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

All i can say is WOW. This is exactly what the CIA wants you to believe. This will allow Obama to establish a permanent military presence in Pakistan in order to "liberate" it of terrorists and Islamic extremists when the ISI refuses to cooperate.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You can't just dismantle an asset like that to a country. Pakistan is an independant nation and has the right to have an intel agency. It needs to assert more control over it though.

You're right a change is needed. The problem is ISI has a heavy influence on the way government is run in Pakistan. Which is why they still harbor terrorists and any investigation into the ISI comes back with nothing. Pakistan lost it's right for this 'asset' as soon as it started training terrorists to send over to India to cause havoc. Sure I would want the Pakistan government to assert more control over the ISI but what if this cannot be done?

All i can say is WOW. This is exactly what the CIA wants you to believe. This will allow Obama to establish a permanent military presence in Pakistan in order to "liberate" it of terrorists and Islamic extremists when the ISI refuses to cooperate.

All this false flag rhetoric up to this point is speculation. Just because it seems like the PTB would love to get India and Pakistan in a war doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
India has evidence that Pakistan trained and funded the insurgents who attacked the Taj Mahal? Kind of like how the US had evidence that Iraq trained and funded the insurgents who attacked NY and DC on 9/11? I hope it's not one of those.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As I said in the main Mumbai thread, the ISI is a rogue agency and has been since its inception.

It has been involved in the terrorisation of Indian soil for over half a century.

Some people can't see "motive" for a terrorist attack- but isn't it bloody clear that terrorists arent logical.

What did Bin Laden achieve with 9/11? Do you think it was his tactical objective to live in a cave for the next decade?

Terrorists are inhuman. They seek only the killing of innocents. They thrive on chaos and they live for death.

The Pakistani civilian government is not to blame. What is yet to be seen is if the ISI is really to blame... and for that concrete evidence must be displayed openly to all those who wish to see it. If the ISI is guilty, then the Pak government has an option. Either they stand by the rogue ISI or they disband it and truly seek peace.

On 26/11, India was attacked. This is how some Pakistanis reacted to the pain of Indians:

Anti- Indian, Anti-US, Anti-Israeli demonstrations in Pakistan:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

As I said in the main Mumbai thread, the ISI is a rogue agency and has been since its inception. It has been involved in the terrorisation of Indian soil for over half a century. Some people can't see "motive" for a terrorist attack- but isn't it bloody clear that terrorists arent logical.

Agreed. It's been proven that ISI was responsible for the 2001 parliament bombings.

-Ign0ranT

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
isn't the ISI nice and comfy with the CIA??..........

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Interesting youtube video linking ISI with CIA..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If this does turn out to be true, I see this as being very dangerous for both countries and the US. We're allies with both countries, how would war between the two benefit anyone?

We've already set an example that it's okay to strike countries that harbor/support terrorism. So if the ISI is truly behind this, then India would be justified in attacking Pakistan, and this whole thing could spiral into a very horrible war. The US would be stuck trying to choose between Pakistan, an allied country and a place that has cooperated with us on the "war on terror", and India, the second blooming Asian power (and a democracy to boot - didn't we just sign a nuclear tech deal with them?)

Neither country has the precision guided technology the US does, and they're both nuclear armed. Sounds like a recipe for a great number of innocent deaths...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
The US is providing proof to India that Pakistan ISI was involved with the Mumbai attack. These are same intelligence agencies that had all the supposed proof about WMDs in Iraq.

Could it possibly be that the US wants to get India involved in fighting the Taliban and al Queda in Pakistan? It is well known that the Taliban and al Queda leadership is based in northern Pakistan in Waziristan. This is the tribal area that supposedly the government has no control of. The US can't go into the territory because Pakistan is supposed to be an ally and you can't send troops into an allies territory. Pakistan and India have been enemies since the existence of Pakistan in 1948. The US military can covertly give India targets of US interest inside Pakistan. The Indian military can take care of the dirty work while perserving the so called US/Pakistan alliance.

This has a real ring of validity, however when you add in the real threat of Nuclear exchange it changes the picture. So to deepen the plot here lets have Pakistan say to the US and India...

"Listen, we just simply can't have our own troops clean up this Terrorist mess in the mountains without our goverment falling. However both of you can do it and we will make lots of noise about it. To kick it all off we will have a Staged terrorist event in India."

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Well the popular theory is to have both countries fight and America intervene. The intervention of America would solidify our position in South Asia. Once India fell under the rule of the PTB, many countries would follow suit thus leaving China isolated in Asia.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
www.daily.pk...

Time we wake up, a must see about Mumbai Attack

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join