It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken little, The Sky is Falling!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
were we always like this? did we always want to be excited over the possible end of the world, or are we just growing bored of the lives we have? I can't remember a time when there was this much gloom and doom news and propaganda out there. What can be done to uplift the tone in our world? Not to be a sunshine up your @$$ pumper, but life is 10% what happens, and 90% how you deal with it. It's time for corporate to send for the motivational speaker. How about some ideas on how to lighten up this graveyard.

I wrote that last night and this morning I got this in an e-mail from a friend. he usually forwards everything sent to him wether its good or not, but this one stuck with me and went along with my current mood. here it is:
READ THIS
LET IT REALLY SINK IN - THEN CHOOSE .

John is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, 'If I were any better, I would be twins!'

He was a natural motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, 'I don't get it!

You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?'

He replied, 'Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or .. you can choose to be in a bad mood

I choose to be in a good mood.'

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

'Yeah, right, it's not that easy,' I protested.

'Yes, it is,' he said. 'Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life.'

I ref lected on wh at he said. Soon hereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care , he was released fr om the hospital with rods placed in his back.

I saw him about six months after the accident.

When I asked him how he was, he replied, 'If I were any better, I'd be twins...Wanna see my scars?'

I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

'The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter,' he replied. 'Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live.'

'Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?' I asked

He continued, '..the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man'. I knew I needed to take action.'
< BR>

'What did you do?' I asked.

'Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me,' said John. 'She asked if I was allergic to anything 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'.'

Over their laughter, I told them, 'I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead.'

He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all, is everything.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.' Matthew 6:34.

After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. "

Smile, the person you smile at has to smile back.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
thank you for that so much!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Great story! You have a flag and a star from me and I hope all of ATS will read this and learn from it.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Its really nice to see this on here after so much doom and gloom its difficult to be upbeat after reading about the Earthquake, Obama not American, 2012, Aliens really are out to kill us and the one world government thats out to confine all of us.

But i'll tell you something.
I've been experimenting with positive thought and the law of attraction.
I've been in my same job for 4yrs and never done anything to get out of it.
I've dabbled in the weed to try and pick me up, got a mortgage that is expensive i've tried to be positive but life has kept on getting me down.

I've watched a Film called the secret and realised that if i am positive and make choices it may give me something back.

Every morning i watch the begining intro to Cannonball run 2 because its something that makes me feel good, I love fast cars, i love the tune (listen to the lyrics) and its well directed intro.
I tell my wife i love her and make sure we share a joke.
I tell myself that although i've gone nowhere in 4yrs i will very soon, i am intelligent and i can achieve anything.
I come to work thinking that something good will happen today.
I looked up at the pin board behind my monitor and see my wife and I cutting the cake on our wedding day, also on the board is the car that "I will have next" (Lotus exige).
I have been doing this for a while now and have had a meeting with my boss because i have been frustrated with no oppotunitiy for me for four yrs. All of a sudden I realise that she is basing her working day on positive thought also, I brought this up and found out that she runs her life by positive thought also and has been for many years.
We were talking for a long time on this common interest and she said to me "Have you thought about project management".
To cut a long story short I am now on my way to becoming a project manager of course training courses have to be done along with on site training. But i'll get there(And in the style with a Lotus Exige).

What is the point in being negative it does no good.

If a man can go to the moon then I can better myself in what ever way i want to.

I'm now planning my next move after this.
After 2 yrs of hard work in corporate society my wife and I are going to open our own shop so we can have a family.

P.S. My wife introduced me to the film and book, she's tried it also and has landed herself with a new job with real prospects.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hightower

now that is what I am talking about. Keep it up. I try to keep everyone I spend a lot of time with on the positive side because it only takes one wet blanket to make you cold. These are tough times no doubt, but the cool thing about tough times, is they get better and when they do you appriciate them soo much more. I am using these economic times to restructure my finacial direction. I was on the buy it all on credit so you have cooler stuff than the neighbors, but I have been on the cash train for the last 4 years. (other than house and car) But when this is all said and done, I will be in a super financial position, and will have learned how to make it quite well on a little, so when the money is plenty, the smile will just get bigger and bigger! And always remember, beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy!

have a nice day all.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm currently going through a phase of depression after something that went wrong in my life.
And I find it hard to feel emotion these days....

But for some reason, the above has made me shed a tear. And smile big time!

And, I will certainly cherish some of this advice and stop worrying so much lol

Cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey
I'm currently going through a phase of depression after something that went wrong in my life.
And I find it hard to feel emotion these days....

But for some reason, the above has made me shed a tear. And smile big time!

And, I will certainly cherish some of this advice and stop worrying so much lol

Cheers

Try this thesecret.tv... for reference.
Or the wonder of google videos all for free video.google.com...=the%20secret&emb=0&dur=3

Just remember if you really want something don't let anything negative put you back, just do it. Hell mate i still get a little low but i know what to do.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
flag & star.

life is like a mural painted on the wall. it's up to you to decide what part of the mural you'd like to focus on. you can focus on the house that's falling down or the beautiful flowers growing in the yard. you can focus on the gray clouds or the blue sky in between the clouds. you can focus on the decaying leaves under the tree or you can focus on the beautiful silhouette of the bare branches against the sky. you can focus on the failing economy or you can focus on your child's big toothless grin. you can focus on all of the fear in the world or you can focus on all of the love.

your choice, it's up to you. who do you want to be?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I love uplifting stories about positive affirmations and such. However, when financial and legal crisis looms overhead, it's back to reality again. Blah!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think we should produce a"Fun Thread", no negativity allowed jokes, funny pics, stories and caption competions. Just something to counter act.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Great thread, I may actually make an account here.
Doom and gloom needs to take a backseat.
Anybody want to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It all depends on your take on everything. Glass half full and all that. Everything happens for a reason. For the greater good of all concerned. Everything that happens is for someones or your own soul evolution. Events are going to be happening much faster as we near 2012.

2012 can be all doom and gloom if you look at it from a negative materialistic point of view, but if you look at it from a spiritual point of view then you will realise that this is the most important and exciting time to be alive to witness something that no one else ever has.

Live in Love and not in fear and you will rise triumphant.

And enjoy the ride.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hightower
Its really nice to see this on here after so much doom and gloom its difficult to be upbeat after reading about the Earthquake, Obama not American, 2012, Aliens really are out to kill us and the one world government thats out to confine all of us.

But i'll tell you something.
I've been experimenting with positive thought and the law of attraction.
I've been in my same job for 4yrs and never done anything to get out of it.
I've dabbled in the weed to try and pick me up, got a mortgage that is expensive i've tried to be positive but life has kept on getting me down.

I've watched a Film called the secret and realised that if i am positive and make choices it may give me something back.

Every morning i watch the begining intro to Cannonball run 2 because its something that makes me feel good, I love fast cars, i love the tune (listen to the lyrics) and its well directed intro.
I tell my wife i love her and make sure we share a joke.
I tell myself that although i've gone nowhere in 4yrs i will very soon, i am intelligent and i can achieve anything.
I come to work thinking that something good will happen today.
I looked up at the pin board behind my monitor and see my wife and I cutting the cake on our wedding day, also on the board is the car that "I will have next" (Lotus exige).
I have been doing this for a while now and have had a meeting with my boss because i have been frustrated with no oppotunitiy for me for four yrs. All of a sudden I realise that she is basing her working day on positive thought also, I brought this up and found out that she runs her life by positive thought also and has been for many years.
We were talking for a long time on this common interest and she said to me "Have you thought about project management".
To cut a long story short I am now on my way to becoming a project manager of course training courses have to be done along with on site training. But i'll get there(And in the style with a Lotus Exige).

What is the point in being negative it does no good.

If a man can go to the moon then I can better myself in what ever way i want to.

I'm now planning my next move after this.
After 2 yrs of hard work in corporate society my wife and I are going to open our own shop so we can have a family.

P.S. My wife introduced me to the film and book, she's tried it also and has landed herself with a new job with real prospects.

Thats the ticket. Every morning when you get up, remember all the things you have to be thankful for, set you intent for the day and everything will go your way. If it doesn't, then you have to work out why and learn the lesson that you're being shown.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
its very simple really if you think about it. If the whole world thinks negative there wanting a negative outcome, if your positive you'll want a positive outcome. You make things happen it don't just happen, its all contrived, if the world dose end and i know that it wont then it will be the own doing of the negative self pity people of earth.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
We need a bit more of this! Im going to try and follow what this man did starting tomorrow morning!

Flag.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
A great man, whom I am called after (My grandfather) once told me this in writing.:

You are blessed in having one life, every choice is yours, so dont be afraid to make those choices with your heart. Be true to who you are, because many outside influences will try to mould you, change you and make you conform.

When you lose yourself and feel down you are not being true to yourself.
Meet your own needs as long as putting yourself first does not harm another.

Help others and in turn, they will help others. Smile and be smiled upon.
Dont use religion as a safety net for your failings, because they are your failings!.

You are the most important being, remember this at all times.

Give thanks, but also to yourself for being who you are. Nurture and teach the children of the world. Even though not related, they are the future bloodline of this world.

There is no good and bad, there is only what you want it to be and what you allow it to be.

Ive tried to live my life by his writing and will continue to do so.

respects

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Yeah thats it. Never conform to what you are told. Always keep an open mind.

I have spent my whole life pretending to conform, just so I can work to get money to live and in my own time Im ME.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
hate to break it to ya
BUT IT IS FALLING
AND IT IS the END of the WORLD

sorry dude, it had to end sometime right?

IT BREAKS-WHEN IT BREAKS

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GRANDWORLDDRAMA

If thats whats going to happen then so be it. I will not let it change my thinking.

If you constantly think about that debt/bill/breakup etc all your doing is thinking about the bad things and so more bad things will happen because the actions you take with your negativity will only cause you to do more negative things.
Where as think about all the good things that have and will happen and only good things will come.

Has any on seen "the secret"? its really good for the newbie trying to change their life.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GRANDWORLDDRAMA

Apologies if you think i am having a dig, i'm only using your response as an example

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join