It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken little, The Sky is Falling!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
hate to break it to ya
BUT IT IS FALLING
AND IT IS the END of the WORLD

sorry dude, it had to end sometime right?

IT BREAKS-WHEN IT BREAKS

And there you have it folks..... the wet blanket. Good thing we are all in a good mood and we can CHOOSE to ignore it.

I also look at the positive in things as much as I can. All things do happen for a reason and I like to think that life is always the better for those things. Great uplifting thread! Keep it going (no wet blankets allowed
)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GRANDWORLDDRAMA

grow up

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've always said to my closest friends in trouble or coming out of a bad relationship that life is all about choices, and the fabric of our lives are dictated by the choices we make.

you wanna change something about your life it starts with a single choice, big or small.

Keep up the positive vibes people, great thread!

just wish the people that could see into the future, the ones with special powers that know 100% the world is going to end to keep yourself busy building your underground air raid shelters and stop putting your soggy blankets on uplifting threads

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemzino

Grown up, thats a little cliche
I have my happy hobbies,
I have my happy accidents
I dont need a post to tell me to "BE HAPPY"
If i was told to be sad I would revolt and pursue my happy hobbies
but facts are facts
we arent dummies
we all have things we like to do
and we do them
so who needs a preach session
"dont worry be happy"
duh ill be happy without your advice thank you
so GROW UP yourself

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It's like I keep telling all theses people in my life who keep worrying all the dang time:

"If your worried about something and you can change it then change it, if you can't then don't worry about it, after all what will worry fix?"

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
reply to post by Kemzino

Grown up, thats a little cliche
I have my happy hobbies,
I have my happy accidents
I dont need a post to tell me to "BE HAPPY"
If i was told to be sad I would revolt and pursue my happy hobbies
but facts are facts
we arent dummies
we all have things we like to do
and we do them
so who needs a preach session
"dont worry be happy"
duh ill be happy without your advice thank you
so GROW UP yourself

I guess he chose to "have a bad day" this morning lol

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well if there is something that happens to a lot of people, such as the economic crisis happening to the civilised world then we need to look at why. Its not the government or the bankers. We are being shown a lesson. The whole civilised world is being taught not to be so materialistic.

Materialism is destroying the earth. Do you think that the tribes of the world, the people who live off the land will be affected by this crisis? No, because they dont need money. We're screwed without it.

We need to be more spiritual and less materialistic.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by tigermoff]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GRANDWORLDDRAMA

Your on this thread for a reason.
Its ok if you don't want to think this way, we are not asking you to.
Its nice to meet people that have the same ethos in life.

# man i get down and moody but i know what to do about it.
The world is in a bad place now so much so that it can only get better and i'm looking forward to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
One thought that helped turn my frown upside down was the realization that since 'we are all bozoes on this bus' the Cosmic Joke is on us/me and the choice is whether to laugh along with the rest of the Universe or be laughed at.When I laugh along,I seem to get the meaning of the joke better.We all know people who have to understand the joke completely before allowing themselves to laugh(IF they do)It is much easier to get the logic and humor in the joke if you think about it while already laughing.Ow it hurts,Ha Ha.I get burned alot when I weld...Mmmm what's that smell?Something on the grill?Makes me hungry... PS I have been an interpretor of the Timewave Zero on these boards of late,but my thing is not all doom and gloom.The Timewave doesn't say what will happen,but when to expect more or less Novelty.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by trueforger]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Plain, simple fact is, the world is going to end SOMEDAY! We don't know when and even if we did, there's not a thing we can do to prevent it.

The only thing we can do is live our lives the best we can. It's tough to get up each day when you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders, but I'll guarantee it's easier to get thru the day if you put a smile on your face and be happy.

It is a choice. My choice has been to always try to be happy, even when I'm desperately sad, worried, depressed. I find that when I put on a happy face, it's contagious.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
One thought that helped turn my frown upside down was the realization that since 'we are all bozoes on this bus' the Cosmic Joke is on us/me and the choice is whether to laugh along with the rest of the Universe or be laughed at.When I laugh along,I seem to get the meaning of the joke better.We all know people who have to understand the joke completely before allowing themselves to laugh(IF they do)It is much easier to get the logic and humor in the joke if you think about it while already laughing.Ow it hurts,Ha Ha.I get burned alot when I weld...Mmmm what's that smell?Something on the grill?Makes me hungry... PS I have been an interpretor of the Timewave Zero on these boards of late,but my thing is not all doom and gloom.The Timewave doesn't say what will happen,but when to expect more or less Novelty.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by trueforger]

Or everything that has, could and is happening may go off all at once. Now that would be interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Not to de-emphasise the meaning of the OP, but that is kinda how I try to live.

OK, I have bad days, I get down, I moan...
but there's one little phrase that always puts a little smile on my face...

BE HAPPY!!!

Keep that in your mind always, and that is how your life will be always.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sorry, but things in the world are not rosey, peachy and all warm and fuzzy right now.

People are dying in droves from hunger, disease, and other issues.

Not because they were thinking positive, but because other people have made their choices for them.

Wake up. All the positive thinking in the world, is not going to feed the hungry.

It's not just about yourself.

Sometimes, we NEED to get angry, depressed and sad. These emotions are valuable too. They can be motivating, and moving.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Flag and a star buddy! Thanks for a good read, I love reading good stories that inspire. And you inspired me this morning with this story.

Have a good one!

scar

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
J. Krishnamurti

That sums up my position.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes the World is going to end! One person at a time, so get use to it.......

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Very true, but getting angry over something you have no control over is self defeating. Even if everyone rose up against the machine, even more people would suffer and die. Its just part of THIS existence. Duality is required so we can make a choice of which path we choose to follow. It's all part of the cosmic plan. If you have a problem with that then god is only a prayer away.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have come up with a few different philosophies to live by in my years here on this planet, and i'd love to share them with ya'll.

Whenever I comes across someone who doesn't like me, or talks me down, or anything... i always tell em, and myself, "If you don't like me for who and what I am, screw ya, there's 7 billion other people in the world who just might, and I am not wasting my time on you."

That one helped me get through some really bad patches in my life.

The glass is neihter half empty, nor half full. It just needs a refill, cause someone drank my Dew dangit!

When I was going through a time in my life where I had to deal with depression and some really bad thoughts and actions (tried to commit suicide more than once), I came up with a way of thinking that really changed how I dealt with it.

When I woke up, I would make an assessment of myself and life. I would write a list, with one side being reasons I could think of TO end things, and on the other side, reasons to NOT. And made a deal with myself. If there was ever a time when the NOT to do it list was empty, then that would be the day I would do it. Just end it all. But if there was even ONE thing on that list not to do it, I would then resolve to go through the day without thinking of it again.

The wonderful art of it is that you will never be without at least one thing on that list to not do it, even if it is something as simple as you like the taste of hamburgers, or whatever hehe. The GOOD part of the exercise, however, is that if you do it, you will then have a laundry list of what you consider to be the bad parts of your life, and you can WORK on them. So it's a double benefit.

I've helped a lot of people over the years with that advice, and every one of them has come through so good, they make me proud. The thing is to do it when you're having good times, as well as bad, so that when the bad times do come, you're in the habit of doing it and you won't neglect it

I've lived a very hard life, to most people's thoughts. Right now I am just shy of being totally blind, and have to have transplant surgery done on both eyes... but don't have the money to do so. Can't work, got health probs like you wouldnt believe (some days cant get out of bed even), a child who has SEVERE and i do mean SEVERE autism, 4 failed marriages, etc etc etc... but know what?

I'm happier than I have ever been, and every day is a more beautiful one than the last. And it's all because of how I look at things. I refuse to let anything get me down or make me unhappy, and I always look for the positives in everything. And there always is.

The cosmos, god, universe, WHATEVER it may be to you, always gives 2 sides of every issue. Each step we take in life is on a road, and on the left, is death, decay, destruction and depression. on the right is happiness, joy, peace and calm. Which side of the road are you looking on? Maybe all you need to do is turn your head just a little bit, and see what's on the other side of the road. you might be shocked at what you see.

Anyhow.. hope this helps a couple people out, and remember, love is the key to everything, no matter what your everything may be

by the way.. pardon an typos an such here... just got back from another appt with the eye doc and my eyes are severely out of whack from the drops lol

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
there are lots of things to think about, nothing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
star and flag for you. I do this also. About 5yrs ago someone gave me the book "Conversations with God". And that tells you do this also and meditate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join